Official 2013 NFL Draft Thread

adam

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have Tyrann Mathieu as THE best defensive player in this draft?

I think he just might be. I might be crazy in thinking that, but everytime I saw this kid play at LSU he was making stuff happen. He has a knack for making big plays. I really believe if he can stay away from his drug problem, he'll be a star.

Agreed. And I wish it was Saturday! I need to grill and consume tasty beverages while this is going on!

Dude! I used to have buddies over, grill, drink, rifle through Kiper's book with every pick, watch ESPN, all the while giving each other shit about our respective team's picks. We could make it a 10 hour party! This prime time "event" sucks.

I mean, I'll watch it, but it isn't nearly as fan friendly as it was when they held this over the weekend.

I'm right there with you!

We called it "rib-fest"...we used to get like 6 racks between 6 of us. Then cut them in 1/2, and marinade/sauce each 1/2 differently. So, we'd all get at least 1 rib of a different flavor...12 different flavors in all. We fume over it being taken away! I have one freind that's coming over, and we'll cook up 2...but it's not the same!

:cheers

Dude! I used to have buddies over, grill, drink, rifle through Kiper's book with every pick, watch ESPN, all the while giving each other shit about our respective team's picks. We could make it a 10 hour party! This prime time "event" sucks.

I mean, I'll watch it, but it isn't nearly as fan friendly as it was when they held this over the weekend.

I think he just might be. I might be crazy in thinking that, but everytime I saw this kid play at LSU he was making stuff happen. He has a knack for making big plays. I really believe if he can stay away from his drug problem, he'll be a star.

He failed 10 drug tests at LSU, he has a long way to go to make it on a team. He is soft and has maturity problems. It will be a couple of years to get close to making a difference.

He failed 10 drug tests at LSU, he has a long way to go to make it on a team. He is soft and has maturity problems. It will be a couple of years to get close to making a difference.

Again.. If he can get past the drug issues (which is a major if) I have no reason to believe he won't be an extremely successful player at the NFL level. His return skills will allow him to make an instant impact to whichever team takes a chance on him. I don't see him as a soft player at all.

Again.. If he can get past the drug issues (which is a major if) I have no reason to believe he won't be an extremely successful player at the NFL level. His return skills will allow him to make an instant impact to whichever team takes a chance on him. I don't see him as a soft player at all.

4 reps on the bench press, sounds awfully soft to me. For him to be the best defensive player in the draft, I think it would be good if he played defense, not KRs.

4 reps on the bench press, sounds awfully soft to me. For him to be the best defensive player in the draft, I think it would be good if he played defense, not KRs.

How does that make you soft? Weak? Yes. His style of play suggests that he's anything but soft. He's all over the field, hitting quarterbacks, forcing fumbles, making plays.. He'll play nickel and return kicks, and if I had to make a bet, I would bet on him being really good at both.

How does that make you soft? Did you actually see him play at LSU? He was anything but soft. He's all over the field, hitting quarterbacks, forcing fumbles, making plays.. He'll play nickel and return kicks, and if I had to make a bet, I would bet on him being really good at both.

I am happy for your support for him, but dont bet you house on it.

I never bought Kiper's draft book but I bought the PFT draft book this year and I'm loving it.

I do miss the all day event we used to have. That doesn't keep me from hanging out in the garage/man cave with the Bud Light and Papa Murphy's pizza.

Can't believe the OT's went that high together. And Cooper, jeez!

Now what we need is some "reaches" to take place so some talent will fall to us. While the trades have been surprising, there have been no major surprises on picks.

All the defensive tackles are still on the board. I'd have thought Star or Shariff Floyd would have been gone by now.

Hate this draft. Bears desperately need OG, and two go this early?! Just goes to show that OL should be a huge priority. Too bad Lovie and JA never realized that.

I thought for sure Fluker would be there when the Bears picked. Wow. It wasn't even close.

Who you rooting for now? Eifert? Te'o? I think Geno Smith could play guard . . .