Official 2013 NFL Draft Thread

adam

Would have much rather reached for Warford if they wanted to reach. I guess his versatility to potentially move to RT (something he has very little experience with) is a plus.

He is the perfect type player for Kromer, but not here. Floyd was to good to pass up. My optimist is tarnished right now.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its pretty obvious that ogletree was the culprit that destroyed that hotel room, They said on NFL network that his character was in question. Teo its obvious what his problems was, So lets go0 to next greatest need, DT I dont undertstand this pick. Floyd should have been obvious, But long at starting guard Means Carimi or scott will be our swing tackle, Brown maybe eligable for PS. But there will be a release of one those 2. Maybe a trade. But its telling on how bad our line really was.

Next greatest need wasn't DT. It was OG.

I have no problem with OL but not him, here. There is a good chance he would have been there in the second.

Again, according to whom? Walter freakin football? PFF? Guess what? None of those guys are employed by the NFL, and Emery is. Isn't that what I've been hearing for so long? Trust the experts because they're experts? Well, there you have it.

All the mocks are best guesses. An actual GM made this pick.

Again, according to whom? Walter freakin football? PFF? Guess what? None of those guys are employed by the NFL, and Emery is. Isn't that what I've been hearing for so long? Trust the experts because they're experts? Well, there you have it.

I'm not mad at this pick...

National Football Post: The Bears made a bad choice selecting Long in the first round because he is a long way from being a quality starting lineman. While he's quick and explosive, Long is stiff in the hips and too often bends at the waist to try to make blocks. He is going to need to greatly improve his technique to ever justify being a first-round selection.

Ouch....and Floyd goes to the Queens.

I don't think we're done with Oline in this draft I still expect a C to be taken on Saturday. It's clear with Lovie out the door we are seeing a sea-change in our roster focus. We have now added 3 Oline this offseason, essentially let our best Oline from last season walk. There is going to be a lot of competition now and we could very well have 4 new starters on our Oline and if Scott beats out Webb we'd have 5. I think Garza could be beaten out by a rookie depending on who we get.

If the competition is close for any Oline position, this staff is new they will want their future players on the field learning and improving. Same goes for Emery as he is now tied with Trestman and co.

The kid from Alabama would have been an infinitely better pick than Kyle Long, and I didn't even want him. This pattern of reaching is not good for Emery. His tenure will not last long if Long or McClellin don't pan out.

Tell that to Lovie and JA...

I think he is a reach at 20, the people that draft well, draft for value at there slot, and there was more value with some other players. Alanta moved up to grab a DB, I cant see why they wouldnt have got to us, and then picked him down farther.

So Eifert, Trufant, Floyd, and Rhodes all go right after our pick. I really hope he works out and anchors the right side of our line for the next decade. Otherwise, this was an incredibly questionable pick. I like Long, I just didn't think he would ever go in the top 20. I still think it was Pugh coming off the board, they didn't believe he would be there at 50, and an LB would be.

I don't think we're done with Oline in this draft I still expect a C to be taken on Saturday. It's clear with Lovie out the door we are seeing a sea-change in our roster focus. We have now added 3 Oline this offseason, essentially let our best Oline from last season walk. There is going to be a lot of competition now and we could very well have 4 new starters on our Oline and if Scott beats out Webb we'd have 5. I think Garza could be beaten out by a rookie depending on who we get.

If the competition is close for any Oline position, this staff is new they will want their future players on the field learning and improving. Same goes for Emery as he is now tied with Trestman and co.

Schwenke or Jones at 50?

I think he is a reach at 20, the people that draft well, draft for value at there slot, and there was more value with some other players. Alanta moved up to grab a DB, I cant see why they wouldnt have got to us, and then picked him down farther.

Again, Emery is a GM. None of us are. End of discussion, right?

Value is subjective. Eifert may have been a good value, but they don't need a first rd TE to sit the bench.

So Eifert, Trufant, Floyd, and Rhodes all go right after our pick. I really hope he works out and anchors the right side of our line for the next decade. Otherwise, this was an incredibly questionable pick. I like Long, I just didn't think he would ever go in the top 20. I still think it was Pugh coming off the board, they didn't believe he would be there at 50, and an LB would be.

Completely agree. Maybe a rushed move with thoughts that the value would be gone when they draft in the second rd as well. Can't wait.