Official 2013 NFL Draft Thread

adam

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate the pick. Three things that NONE on this board has any clue about is who Tucker wanted, Who Kromer wanted, or who Trestman wanted. We have new systems all around. They have people they feel will fit those systems. I think people here are upset because of what our past offense and past defense was about. I imagine they will be flipping him over to tackle after giving Gabe just a little more time.

I don't hate the pick. Three things that NONE on this board has any clue about is who Tucker wanted, Who Kromer wanted, or who Trestman wanted. We have new systems all around. They have people they feel will fit those systems. I think people here are upset because of what our past offense and past defense was about. I imagine they will be flipping him over to tackle after giving Gabe just a little more time.

Good post. And what we did know, however, was that the OL sucked, Lovie co to happy submarined it for his Defensive prospects, and that kind of crap wasn't going to fly with a new, offensive minded HC.

Kyle Long will be 25 in December. He made 4 starts at Oregon, and also has a history of off-field issues to boot.

So we just drafted an old, projected 2nd round pick with the #20 overall pick, who also happens to not be anywhere close to a finished product at that age.

Hold up, this guy only started 4 games????? Is this true?

I hope we go LB in the 2nd round, but our pick at 20 doesn't exactly instil much confidence in me. Guessing we'll take a quarterback. Tyler Bray or Mike Glennon.

Hold up, this guy only started 4 games????? Is this true?

Kevin Seifert ‏@espn_nfcnblog 1h

Kyle Long played one year at Oregon. Started 4 games. Wow.

It's very true.

T%ake a look at the roster, DT we have 4 total, Guards we have 4 , 5 including garza. Need was DL

That's a bad way of looking at it. We only have 4 DT's but one is a pro bowler, one is a good 2nd round pick in Paea, and there's a good chance we will bring back Idonije.

Our DT's are pretty good. Our OG's are pretty bad. Forget the numbers.

I'm not a big fan of the pick. We reached for need.

Vikes get Floyd, Rhodes, and Patterson. Wow.

That is three immediate starters. We take a guy who is likely to be inactive most of the season. And he was drafted before any of Minny's 3 immediate starters.

This is the 2nd year in a row we have reached on a "project" type player in the first round. Emery said you want to draft starters in rounds 1 and 2, but nobody ever thought McClellin would start.

Raise your hand if you think Long is a starter this year?

Schwenke or Jones at 50?

Look we addressed LB in Free Agency and have bought some time. This this LB unit is still a strength on the team. Sexy or not we are decades overdue to infusing the offensive side of the ball with talent and the drought must end now starting with OL. I take the best Center availble in the secound round.

That is three immediate starters. We take a guy who is likely to be inactive most of the season. And he was drafted before any of Minny's 3 immediate starters.

This is the 2nd year in a row we have reached on a "project" type player in the first round. Emery said you want to draft starters in rounds 1 and 2, but nobody ever thought McClellin would start.

WR's typically have rough years in their first season. Consider how bad Christian Ponder is and how dumb Patterson is, and I doubt Patterson helps them immediately. I do love their pick of Sharrif Floyd though. Rhodes is going to be solid down the road as well.

Hand raised. He's better than Carimi ever was athletically. A couple things to note regarding him starting only 4 games at Oregon. He was not with their program in the spring so he had no spring camp to learn their offense. He basically started on their team in the fall practices, learned their offense, and by mid-season earned a starting role in a position he had very little experience playing. He is not as much of a project as might appear at first glance but he definitely has things to work on. I liked him in the 2nd Rd, 20 seems way early to me but he definitely has the athleticism to play OT in the NFL.

I think he'll start simply because he doesn't have that much competition but he could be a backup for a year at OG while Kromer works with him and then slide out to RT or be our long term starter at OG.

Lovie always got his projects on defense but the new coaches get their projects on offense.

He's basically the Mark Bradley of OL prospects. Great measurables, great potential, and a chance to be a steal when all is said and done. He has 2 things that Bradley never had going for him. He has an offensive minded head coach and an OC that got the job because of his ability to develop OLinemen. If he has the drive his brother and Dad have, he should turn out to be a great pick.