Carimi to be cut?

CrackerDog

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...him-in-round-1/

Don't know what to make of this. PFT is known for sensationalizing everything. Earlier today they had an article dedicated to saying the Bears took Long with Suh in mind. Well duh. They took him with lots of D Linemen in mind, you dolts.

I assume Carimi makes the lineup assuming he's healthy. And that's not certain.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be shocked to see him cut honestly. He doesn't make toooo much and he provides depth/versatility/potential? for the bears. Unless last year really was who he is. I know I've given Jason a hard time about Gabe but I don't hate the guy and hope he turns it around. He's pretty nasty and even if he doesn't start I think he would do well in the Jason Stithcomb role if Kromer brings that to the Bears protection scheme.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...him-in-round-1/

Don't know what to make of this. PFT is known for sensationalizing everything. Earlier today they had an article dedicated to saying the Bears took Long with Suh in mind. Well duh. They took him with lots of D Linemen in mind, you dolts.

I assume Carimi makes the lineup assuming he's healthy. And that's not certain.

Prediction: Carimi beats out Slauson for the starting guard spot. Slauson ain't that good. Carimi has talent.

Carimi deciding to stay in Arizona (a nice play to stay IMO) and keep rehabbing his knee is a bad sign that the knee is not ever going to be right. This guy has been working on his knee since the end of the season so it seems there is more to this injury than we ever expected. I know we have new coaches and they aren't always wed to the former players but now that we can view the majority of the offseason as a whole it's obvious they moved away from Carimi very quickly. I'd say they were willing to give him a chance that the knee would be ok they most certainly weren't going to rely on that hope. Labeling him as the next Marc Columbo may well be appropriate now.

Carimi deciding to stay in Arizona (a nice play to stay IMO) and keep rehabbing his knee is a bad sign that the knee is not ever going to be right. This guy has been working on his knee since the end of the season so it seems there is more to this injury than we ever expected. I know we have new coaches and they aren't always wed to the former players but now that we can view the majority of the offseason as a whole it's obvious they moved away from Carimi very quickly. I'd say they were willing to give him a chance that the knee would be ok they most certainly weren't going to rely on that hope. Labeling him as the next Marc Columbo may well be appropriate now.

Very disturbing that his knee is still hurting him but good to see this coaching staff went out and made plans regarding that unlike with previous staffs

Still missing for day 2. What makes him think hes best suited to skip practices. I know its voluntary but this is a new coach that he should be trying to impress.

Probably a smart move on his end. He'd be better off getting cut and starting fresh somewhere new. He probably wants a chance at RT and doesn't see a whole lot of opportunity here.

Still missing for day 2. What makes him think hes best suited to skip practices. I know its voluntary but this is a new coach that he should be trying to impress.

Who care now....give me a helmet I can run over him,the way I see it is with Webb, Scott, Mills and Bushrod at tackles and Slauson,Long,Williams, Brown and Britton at guard he may feel like there is no way he gets it done on a bad knee

Sheesh! Carimi will never get labeled "nasty." And we need some nasty on the OL. Dump his butt and give someone with some fire a shot to make the team.

Is it possible that behind the scenes he has been asked not to attend because a trade may be in the works?

I know when a trade is in the works the team will often ask the player to sit out to make sure no injury occurs that would kill the trade.

I am just throwing it out there as it is the only thing that makes sense to me as to why he would be out unless there are some personal issues he needs to resolve that are not being discussed.

Is it possible that behind the scenes he has been asked not to attend because a trade may be in the works?

I know when a trade is in the works the team will often ask the player to sit out to make sure no injury occurs that would kill the trade.

I am just throwing it out there as it is the only thing that makes sense to me as to why he would be out unless there are some personal issues he needs to resolve that are not being discussed.

I forget where I saw it but I think I saw that carimi informed the team he wouldn't attend and would train on his own down in AZ

The possibility exists he has a bum knee, and will never be good.

I would say that is a possibility however, if you are the Bears and are trying to trade why publicize that he is still rehabbing a knee injury from two seasons ago? That makes no sense so I think the whole rehab story is legit and I think Carimi does feel his best chance to get the knee right is here in Arizona (for whatever reason). In other words at this point Carimi is more concerned with the health of his knee than he is with learning the Bears new offense likely because he feels his future is going to be with another team. Not sure if the team feels that way as well but they certainly went out of their way to put new talent at every position on the line except OC.

This thread reeks of "correlation causation."

He could be staying in AZ because:

-He talked to a coach who asked him where he felt most comfortable rehabbing

-He simply wants to rehab in AZ

-He is making great strides in AZ and wants to shock the new coaches with his physique/explosiveness/etc.

-He figures he's going to get cut, so he might as well be healthy for his next team and train where he wants

-He was given the playbook and told as long as he has it down by minicamp they didn't care as much about OTAs

-He made the decision to stay in AZ on a Thursday

In other words, we don't know why he's staying in AZ. It could be a bad move for him. It could be a good move for him.

In other words, we don't know why he's staying in AZ. It could be a bad move for him. It could be a good move for him.

Yep. With that said, it seems like the new staff would get a better idea of what they have in him if he showed up. Therefore I assume it's more about his rehab efforts and being ready for camp than anything else. I still think he'll be on the team but whether that's as a starter or a backup, I have no idea. He played all of last season hurt so I'd assume the team isn't just going to throw him to the wolves without giving him every chance to get healthy.