Fantasy football advice thread

DrunkBomber

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had seen this sooner. I've all over the place on a choice this week. I finally decided and am sticking to it, I think lol... I needed to pick 3 WR's out of the 6 I had. What do you all think?

Stevie Johnson and Steve Smith I ruled out early citing Bills QB situation and Smiths match up.

I have White vs NO and Wayne vs. Oak, great match ups.

Thompkins who I think will blow up this year, Gronk is out, and the Bills are missing their top CB.

Cecil Shorts vs. KC. He was solid over the end of last season, Blackmon is out, they'll probably be playing from behind, but Gabbert has a sore thumb if he plays.

I even had myself convinced to sit out White or Wayne for a minute lol.

EDIT: I forgot to add it is 1 PPR, 1 points per 15 yards, and 6 per TD.

I wish I had seen this sooner. I've all over the place on a choice this week. I finally decided and am sticking to it, I think lol... I needed to pick 3 WR's out of the 6 I had. What do you all think?

Stevie Johnson and Steve Smith I ruled out early citing Bills QB situation and Smiths match up.

I have White vs NO and Wayne vs. Oak, great match ups.

Thompkins who I think will blow up this year, Gronk is out, and the Bills are missing their top CB.

Cecil Shorts vs. KC. He was solid over the end of last season, Blackmon is out, they'll probably be playing from behind, but Gabbert has a sore thumb if he plays.

I even had myself convinced to sit out White or Wayne for a minute lol.

EDIT: I forgot to add it is 1 PPR, 1 points per 15 yards, and 6 per TD.

Honestly in a ppr I would still start smith as he's cam's go to guy and 1 of the only dependable guys on that team. Cam always looks his way. I tend not to trust rookie UDFA til they show me something in real game 1st

Honestly in a ppr I would still start smith as he's cam's go to guy and 1 of the only dependable guys on that team. Cam always looks his way. I tend not to trust rookie UDFA til they show me something in real game 1st

Thanks for chiming in, but I am scared of the match up. Cam Newton only threw for 140 yards against them last year.

I ended up starting Wayne, Shots and Thompkins. I just read a report that White hasn't cut yet on his ankle and his injury is a little more serious than they are putting out there.

Lol, if I would have started Smith like you said instead of Thompkins, then I would have won by 0.23. I lost by 8.37 instead.

Do you think there is any trade value for James Jones? After putting up nothing in week one and with Nelson, Cobb (whom I own), and Finley getting the bulk of the targets I have a feeling Jones will become dead weight on my roster if he already isn't. I know it's just one week.... but should I hang on to him, try to trade him, or just drop him for someone else. it's a 10 team ppr league.

Do you think there is any trade value for James Jones? After putting up nothing in week one and with Nelson, Cobb (whom I own), and Finley getting the bulk of the targets I have a feeling Jones will become dead weight on my roster if he already isn't. I know it's just one week.... but should I hang on to him, try to trade him, or just drop him for someone else. it's a 10 team ppr league.

Depends on who your other WR's are, how many you start, and how many are on your bench.

I still believe he will be productive with Jennings gone, but Nelson, Cobb, and Finley are clearly the top 3 options in that offense.

In a non-Talk Bears leauge, I have the choice for a Flex position...

David Wilson RB

Jordy Nelson WR

Wes Welker WR

I've got Nelson in there at the moment. Wilson worries me... Welker seems good too.

Any thoughts?

I learned along time ago to just play your best players. Nelson will have a good game, but I think Welker is on a roll as Manning's favorite target. I would go with Welker.

I also have Julio Jones, who's being listed as questionable, so I'm going bird in the hand...starting both Welker and Nelson, and keeping Wilson on the bench & putting Julio there to play it safe.

Thanks for your advice!

I learned along time ago to just play your best players. Nelson will have a good game, but I think Welker is on a roll as Manning's favorite target. I would go with Welker.

So I was reading through some FF news and saw that Chuck Pagano was going to utilize the "newly acquired" Trent Richardson in the lineup for the Colts. WTF? When did that happen? Being he's on my Fantasy team I'm very interested as to why Cleveland would do that? And maybe happy because Pagano will probably use him correctly(?)

So I was reading through some FF news and saw that Chuck Pagano was going to utilize the "newly acquired" Trent Richardson in the lineup for the Colts. WTF? When did that happen? Being he's on my Fantasy team I'm very interested as to why Cleveland would do that? And maybe happy because Pagano will probably use him correctly(?)

I have him in several leagues and his valve just went up. He will be used sparingly this week but will be up to speed in another week. Expect around 10 touches. Im not playing him in any of my leagues.

PPR Flex Who would you start

Reggie Bush

Bush (knee) took part in Friday's practice, Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports.

Spin:

Bush sat out practice the last two days, but his presence at Friday's workouts is a great sign for those hoping to start him in Week 3. It's not clear how much work Bush got him Friday, but he reportedly showed no effects of the injury. Bush's status for Sunday's game against the Redskins should become clearer when the Lions release their official injury report Friday afternoon.

[breaking News]

Fri, Sep 20

Jacquizz Rodgers

With Steven Jackson ruled out for Sunday's game against the Dolphins, Rodgers is in line for an expanded role in Week 3, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Spin:

Rodgers was next in line for carries after Jackson was injured in Week 2 and we'd expect that trend to continue Sunday, with Jason Snelling also in the mix for carries. Rodgers checks in with a career YPC of 3.6, but he offers an option for those looking for a plug-in for Jackson, or who are looking for a Week 3 alternative in PPR formats

[breaking News]

Thu, Sep 19

I like Bush...

Both are similar as other backs will vulture TD's...but Bush offer the better upside against an easier D.

PPR Flex Who would you start

Reggie Bush

Bush (knee) took part in Friday's practice, Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports.

Spin:

Bush sat out practice the last two days, but his presence at Friday's workouts is a great sign for those hoping to start him in Week 3. It's not clear how much work Bush got him Friday, but he reportedly showed no effects of the injury. Bush's status for Sunday's game against the Redskins should become clearer when the Lions release their official injury report Friday afternoon.

[breaking News]

Fri, Sep 20

Jacquizz Rodgers

With Steven Jackson ruled out for Sunday's game against the Dolphins, Rodgers is in line for an expanded role in Week 3, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Spin:

Rodgers was next in line for carries after Jackson was injured in Week 2 and we'd expect that trend to continue Sunday, with Jason Snelling also in the mix for carries. Rodgers checks in with a career YPC of 3.6, but he offers an option for those looking for a plug-in for Jackson, or who are looking for a Week 3 alternative in PPR formats

[breaking News]

Thu, Sep 19

I have him in several leagues and his valve just went up. He will be used sparingly this week but will be up to speed in another week. Expect around 10 touches. Im not playing him in any of my leagues.

Hmmm, maybe I'll sit him.... Hold on! I play you this weekend! It may be "desolate" up here, but I wasn't born yesterday. :bringit

cant get anything by you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any hot women in your neck of the woods?

Hmmm, well I'm married to one...but that doesn't count. I should have had her take some pics last night. She went to a bachellorette party.

But overall, yeah there is a decent representation of good looking ladies up here. It's not Arizona, Texas or Cali but it holds its own.

Ok I have Kaepernick and Cutler on my roster and he's earned me a grand total of .78 points the last two games after a big first game. Is it too early to panic and give up on him. I was worried about him falling after a big rookie year just like Cam Newton did. I wish I'd have taken QB 1 round earlier and had better options. But this is the mess I have right now. My fear is that it's going to be feast or famine with Kaep. Last week I chalked it up to a bad game against a stellar D. This should have been a good matchup.

Some of the QB's on the FA list: Alex Smith, EJ Manuael, Ryan Tannehill, Terelle Pryor, Carson Palmer, Christian Palmer, Jake Locker, Geno Smith, Brian Hoyer. Not exactly a who's who of the best QBs.