Trap Game?

fudgeripple2000

Normally an 0-5 team shouldn't make me nervous. Especially a team that has averaged 4 turnovers a game. But there is a huge difference between an 0-5 Giants team and an 0-5 Jags team. The 0-5 Jags team isn't accustomed to winning and the Giants are. The lack of depth at Dline worries me except that the giants average 56yds/game. Eli's deluded mindset is also helpful:

"Nope. That's the thing. I don't think I'm playing lousy," Manning said in his weekly radio appearance on WFAN radio. "I think I'm seeing the defenses well. I think I'm throwing the ball accurately. So I feel like I'm in sync, my fundamentals are good, everything's kind of in place. It's just a matter of getting in some bad predicaments and not catching many breaks and just getting in some tough spots."

Super trap...

They are better than 0-5. I just hope we're not the one that gives them the win...

Normally an 0-5 team shouldn't make me nervous. Especially a team that has averaged 4 turnovers a game. But there is a huge difference between an 0-5 Giants team and an 0-5 Jags team. The 0-5 Jags team isn't accustomed to winning and the Giants are. The lack of depth at Dline worries me except that the giants average 56yds/game. Eli's deluded mindset is also helpful:

I don't care about the record. We are a better team and we need to come out and play like one. It is a short week and we are at home, if we can't win in that situation, we don't belong in the playoffs anyway.

I agree, primetime everyone is watching it would be nice for the Offense to go out there and put on a show. Trestman was put in place to right the O. The O should be getting better each week. Its time for the O to start showing it can do it for 4 quarters.

I agree, primetime everyone is watching it would be nice for the Offense to go out there and put on a show. Trestman was put in place to right the O. The O should be getting better each week. Its time for the O to start showing it can do it for 4 quarters.

Diddo. I want to watch execution for the full four quarters, and the team pay like we expect.

guys, we need patience.

this season is going to be a rollercoaster ride with lots of ups and downs. this is a complete revamp of our team and especially the offense. we have all new coaches and all new systems. we are starting 2 rookies on our offensive line. cutler is starting out with a whole new system and that in itself is a challenge (not to mention culter is going to throw int's, it's the way he is). he will also bring you the chance to win every game with stellar play. there are going to be many miscommunications and players unsure what there assignments are throughout this season.

we have many problems on defense and everyone here can personally thank jerry angelo and lovie smith for the complete lack of any drafted talent on both sides of the ball. it is going to take 2 more drafts just to get this team with quality players.

this year is going to be a shakedown season. don't think superbowl, just think improvement over the long haul with a solid team that can take us to the promised land in the near future.

we have many problems on defense and everyone here can personally thank jerry angelo and lovie smith for the complete lack of any drafted talent on both sides of the ball. it is going to take 2 more drafts just to get this team with quality players.

I think history would prove you mistaken; Lance Briggs and Charles Tillman (drafted in 03 by Angelo), Devin Hester (2006), E. Bennett and Matt Forte (2008) and Henry Melton (2009) just to name a few. As far as aquired talent; Peppers, T. Jennings and Cutler all arrived while Angelo was GM.

this year is going to be a shakedown season. don't think superbowl, just think improvement over the long haul with a solid team that can take us to the promised land in the near future.

It might be now but I don't think the team saw it that way at the beginning. Many here thought the team would be in contention for a playoff spot. Admittedly I still do think they have a chance, despite my banging on the current staff. I think Trestman has the poise to get the team prepared. I think some of the players are the ones letting him down, most notably Cutler.

I will say that some of the things Emery has done has prepared the team to deal with the 'what if' of them not making the playoffs this year and necessitating major changes for next year. The biggest evidence is all the veteran players he signed to one year deals and holding off on a few others; Cutler and Melton come to mind first and foremost.

guys, we need patience.

this season is going to be a rollercoaster ride with lots of ups and downs. this is a complete revamp of our team and especially the offense. we have all new coaches and all new systems. we are starting 2 rookies on our offensive line. cutler is starting out with a whole new system and that in itself is a challenge (not to mention culter is going to throw int's, it's the way he is). he will also bring you the chance to win every game with stellar play. there are going to be many miscommunications and players unsure what there assignments are throughout this season.

100%

I think history would prove you mistaken; Lance Briggs and Charles Tillman (drafted in 03 by Angelo), Devin Hester (2006), E. Bennett and Matt Forte (2008) and Henry Melton (2009) just to name a few. As far as aquired talent; Peppers, T. Jennings and Cutler all arrived while Angelo was GM.

It might be now but I don't think the team saw it that way at the beginning. Many here thought the team would be in contention for a playoff spot. Admittedly I still do think they have a chance, despite my banging on the current staff. I think Trestman has the poise to get the team prepared. I think some of the players are the ones letting him down, most notably Cutler.

I will say that some of the things Emery has done has prepared the team to deal with the 'what if' of them not making the playoffs this year and necessitating major changes for next year. The biggest evidence is all the veteran players he signed to one year deals and holding off on a few others; Cutler and Melton come to mind first and foremost.

Angelo was simply bad at drafting, name me one first round draft pick that has made an impact for us? You go back to 2003?, that is about 50 draft picks, I would say that is considered bad. He did bring in some big names that he paid thru the nose for , but that is because his drafts picks were over all not very good.

I felt Detroit was the trap game. I doubted we were capable of matching up with the Saints but had hopes that disappeared quickly with Forte's fumble on the first snap. We are still a team capable of making the playoffs, we are at home on a short week against a winless team. To consider the Giants happy about flying out here after we've lost two in row, I think they'd say they expect to run into a team ready to put up a big fight to get back on track winning. They just lost their best RB and will rely on a mid-season signing Brandon Jacobs to handle the run game. Just execute the little things correctly and we win.

I got to believe the state of the Giant's offense alone should point to a victory for the Bears. With a weak offensive line and no running game, we should be able to generate pressure and minimize Nicks and Cruz.

Tillman and Jennings had a great game against NO. WR's only had 3 receptions for 50 yards against them. So I would hope that they could do the same vs Nicks and Cruz.