BIZARRO WORLD!!!

madlithuanian

Our O is good enough to win it all. Our D is a disgrace.

Wait, what?!!! This is the polar opposite of what we've been experiencing for decades.

OUr O did just fine. Other than a couple of questionable play calls. 4th and ? Kick the damn ball Kromer and Trestman!!!! But the D was gashed again. An off the street hack, had an Earl Campbell-like night. I'd look like Bronko Nagurski out there against our D.

We need a change. Hard.

It's not working. We can only beat the bottom feeders.

Wait, what?!!! This is the polar opposite of what we've been experiencing for decades.

OUr O did just fine. Other than a couple of questionable play calls. 4th and ? Kick the damn ball Kromer and Trestman!!!! But the D was gashed again. An off the street hack, had an Earl Campbell-like night. I'd look like Bronko Nagurski out there against our D.

We need a change. Hard.

Sleep it off... :P

Can you name our starting DTs? I don't know of any teams that can standup to losing their top 3 DTs and still be stout stopping the run up the middle, or rushing the passer. In fact if you go back to training camp we've lost our top 5 DTs counting Sedrick Ellis and Turk McBride. Paea will be back but we managed to win a game without him and Tillman. I'll take it.

If you really want to criticize someone go after Julius Peppers. A few games back he played well but not great against the Steelers and I felt he would be back to his old game. In the last three games what has he done? I'd copy his stat line from the game but his name doesn't even appear in the box score because he did nothing. On at least a couple run plays he failed to contain the edge and pursue the runner as he ran off tackle. That's not typical of what we've seen from him in years past. Perhaps most telling is that we have put the smaller and weaker Cory Wootton inside and kept Peppers at end. Maybe Peppers spent some time inside but I didn't notice it. I don't know what is going on but Peppers is not playing like himself and he certainly is not playing like a guy deserving of anything close to $14 million/yr.

Can you name our starting DTs? I don't know of any teams that can standup to losing their top 3 DTs and still be stout stopping the run up the middle, or rushing the passer. In fact if you go back to training camp we've lost our top 5 DTs counting Sedrick Ellis and Turk McBride. Paea will be back but we managed to win a game without him and Tillman. I'll take it.

If you really want to criticize someone go after Julius Peppers. A few games back he played well but not great against the Steelers and I felt he would be back to his old game. In the last three games what has he done? I'd copy his stat line from the game but his name doesn't even appear in the box score because he did nothing. On at least a couple run plays he failed to contain the edge and pursue the runner as he ran off tackle. That's not typical of what we've seen from him in years past. Perhaps most telling is that we have put the smaller and weaker Cory Wootton inside and kept Peppers at end. Maybe Peppers spent some time inside but I didn't notice it. I don't know what is going on but Peppers is not playing like himself and he certainly is not playing like a guy deserving of anything close to $14 million/yr.

The good thing- we are still finding ways to win

The bad thing- our defense line is in shambles and we simply need Paea to be healthy and we need to find another DT, and we still wont be good but not so bad awful.

As long as the offense keeps getting better, and our defense can keep getting some turnovers, were going to continue to have close games, but maybe we still find a way to win most of them.

At 4-2 we still have time to correct some of our problems. DT spot is one we will have to live with.

I'll take a win anyway we can get it!

Granted, we were depleted...from the DT's, to Tillman, to DJ Williams. But, our guys are still missing tackles, safeties look out of position... That stuff I am more irritated about.

I tihnk the "age" issue we've been hearing about for years is finally here. Briggs still looks OK. But Tillman can't stay on the filed, half the time I can't tell if Peppers is out there, and Hester appears to be done.

To me, it is bizarro world. Our previous strengths are now weaknesses, and our previous weaknesses are now strengths. The good thing, is in the modern NFL...it's better to be better on O than D.

And from this point on this season, we should expect to be gashed on D. And the O will have to deliver stellar performances to get the wins. I fully expect every game to be a struggle. Time to get my popcorn out! (With a glass of Lagavulin...)

:dabears

Injuries on defense are killing us. As mentioned before, we are actually 5 DTs down. I would say try to find a trading partner for a DT.

They are lucky to have won but they did win.

Peace :dabears

Agreed.

And to add insult to injury, Anderson and DJ Williams left on account of injuries last night. Not that having williams out is bad because it gives Bostic a chance to play but having Costanzo in there for Anderson made me concenred.

The LB corps, even without the recent injuries, was still having trouble helping in run support. Jacobs looked like his old self thanks to our D.

And to add insult to injury, Anderson and DJ Williams left on account of injuries last night. Not that having williams out is bad because it gives Bostic a chance to play but having Costanzo in there for Anderson made me concenred.

The LB corps, even without the recent injuries, was still having trouble helping in run support. Jacobs looked like his old self thanks to our D.

last year for the whole season we had 79 missed tackles, so far this year 55. Not a good stat. Injuries, poor tackling, and age has us -not a very good defense to get behind.The best we can hope for is Paea, Peanut, and Anderson get healthy and we keep getting turnovers.

last year for the whole season we had 79 missed tackles, so far this year 55. Not a good stat. Injuries, poor tackling, and age has us -not a very good defense to get behind.The best we can hope for is Paea, Peanut, and Anderson get healthy and we keep getting turnovers.

That is brutal, and shows that even if we are in position to make a play, we are not executing. I wonder if this is the case league wide with players hesitant to make a tackle due to the new fines and leading with the helmet stuff.

That is brutal, and shows that even if we are in position to make a play, we are not executing. I wonder if this is the case league wide with players hesitant to make a tackle due to the new fines and leading with the helmet stuff.

I think its a lack of practice time, player quality and the mentality of which you mentioned. In a house of cards, take one card out and the whole house is weaken. In our case there are several cards missing.

Sorry but I got to disagree. The D did good 1 quarter. The O did good one quarter. It's more of an equilibrium than the O is so much better than the D right now. It's working so I'm not complaning. You can see the arrow pointing up on the O and down for the D. Neither can be consistently good this year tho.

We need a change. Hard.

i tried to tell every one before...they waited too long to improve the OLine. They should have fixed the OLine while the D was still dominant. They finally fix the line and now the D is old. They also have a lo tof injuries which have been a killer.

i tried to tell every one before...they waited too long to improve the OLine. They should have fixed the OLine while the D was still dominant. They finally fix the line and now the D is old. They also have a lo tof injuries which have been a killer.

Preaching to the choir. But nooooo, Lovie needed Dan Bazuin and that dude who could totally jump out of a pool.

Well they did at least try.. They drafted two first round busts in Chris Williams and Gabe Carimi that should have solidified both tackle positions for the next 7+ years.

Well they did at least try.. They drafted two first round busts in Chris Williams and Gabe Carimi that should have solidified both tackle positions for the next 7+ years.

But let's just be honest...their O-line scouting sucked. They drafted 2 guys who fell a bit in the draft because of injury concerns and then those injuries bit the Bears in the arse. That's not the only thing they tried though, that's on top of failed O-line signings like Orlando Pace and Frank Omiyale. And on top of that, Omiyale has been better since leaving the Bears, so there's a level of coaching as well.

They didn't scout well for the O-line and they did a rotten job of finding people who could coach it.