Lovie Trestman

Stinger226

I am sure everything I will talk about was on the thread for the game yesterday but dont really have time to view all of it ,so will put my thoughts down here.

I like a coach that is aggressive, but we should have took the points early in the game instead of going for the first down.

People drop balls, and we get inappropriate pealities at the wrong time but what stirs my dandruff was not going to McCown after the first half. I understand going with Jay to start the game, but he was getting beat up, and wasnt mobile, we should have went with McCown at the start of the second half. Its not Jays fault, he would have wanted to go back in even if his legs were falling off. You have to make a decision for the better of the team.

I like everything I have seen from Trestman so far this year, but decisions yesterday reminded me of Lovie.

This actually was the most important game of the year with the winner taking the lead in the division and all of the tie breakers advantages going forward.

Bad day for Trestman, if McCown was in the second half we would have won the game.

The play on the two point conversion was a McCown mistake going to the run instead of the the pass but bottomline is we lost a winnable game.

Bad bad day for the team.

I wouldn't say he is that bad. Trestman definitely had a hand in the loss, but it is his first year so I expect some questionable decisions by him. On the 4th down call, he had one vs GB and got it, so for a coach, you are a genius when it works and a dumbass when it doesn't.

I agree, I would've rather seen McCown out there in the entire 2nd half, but Cutler is going to stay in until they carry him off on a stretcher.

I thought both 2 pt tries were odd, cutting the field in half on the 1st one and a run on the 2nd.

Yesterday and the week before were both mistakes, going for it on 4th down. The week before if they wouldn't have gotten it, their opponet would have already been in field goal range to start their drive and this week they left the 3 points that would have won the game on the field.

Trestman had a day yesterday. IMO - coaches coach and players play and usually blame losses on the players not executing. This one I have place squarely on Trestman.

To begin, I was screaming for us to take the points. You get what you can when you can, unless the game dictates otherwise. Total offensive minded coach having too much confidence in himself.

Secondly, the call on the 2 pt conversion was a clusterf**k. We have the biggest receiving corps in the NFL and their strengths were not given a chance to be utilized.

Lastly and mainly, the Cutler decision. Not only should Cutler have been pulled, he should not have been playing. When the injury was 1st reported, Trestman stated the minimum for this type of injury was 4 weeks and that's where they would start. Where did that go? In another post I expressed concern that Cutler would try to be tough and potentially hurt the team. That's on Trestman for not physically evaluating Cutler enough to leaving him in the game far too long. The ankle excuse, we all know, is pure bullshit.

All said, I love Trestman and hope he will use this as a learning tool. Most of all, I don't want Cutler to see the field until his ,cough cough, sigh, ankle is completely healed.

Trestman had a day yesterday. IMO - coaches coach and players play and usually blame losses on the players not executing. This one I have place squarely on Trestman.

To begin, I was screaming for us to take the points. You get what you can when you can, unless the game dictates otherwise. Total offensive minded coach having too much confidence in himself.

Secondly, the call on the 2 pt conversion was a clusterf**k. We have the biggest receiving corps in the NFL and their strengths were not given a chance to be utilized.

Lastly and mainly, the Cutler decision. Not only should Cutler have been pulled, he should not have been playing. When the injury was 1st reported, Trestman stated the minimum for this type of injury was 4 weeks and that's where they would start. Where did that go? In another post I expressed concern that Cutler would try to be tough and potentially hurt the team. That's on Trestman for not physically evaluating Cutler enough to leaving him in the game far too long. The ankle excuse, we all know, is pure bullshit.

All said, I love Trestman and hope he will use this as a learning tool. Most of all, I don't want Cutler to see the field until his ,cough cough, sigh, ankle is completely healed.

I agree 100%

Peace :dabears

I'm not sure if the injury was Trestmans call, it was the trainers...To start the game anyway.

All I know is that Cutler made some bad passes, but he also made at least 3 passes that should have won them the game. The pass over the middle to Jeffery in the end zone was a thing of beauty that should have been caught. The one in the corner should have been caught as well. The 3rd one was iffy, that pass when Marshall was wide open Marshall slowed up and Jay, I thought put him in great position to catch the ball and rattle off a huge gain and quite possibly a TD. Now I ay it's iffy because I'm not sure if the stutter step was part of the route, but he had no one around him to put that stutter step on.

Excellent post.

As much as I have banged on the team for the losses of Lovie and Urlacher, I think they may have done well with Mr Trestman. I'll be the first to admit that he's starting to grow on me. I especially appreciate his unwavering calm and demeanor during the time of crisis. I think about a week or so ago Cutler commented on the same thing. While he was standing on the sidelines during the GB game he was impressed with how calm Trestman was. This is a profound statement coming from Jay in that I think he has put a lot of faith and trust into the coaching staff. Maybe, just maybe with Trestman letting Cutler play as long as he did proved that Trestman was right (assuming he said something during the game) and in the future Cutler is more apt to listen to the advice.

All that as it was, I think yesterday's game was one of those deals where no matter what the team was going to lose. I mean really (like Trestman pointed out) in the fourth quarter the Bears scored two TD's without getting any points. One being called back for a holding call (I mean really, how many penalties did Detroit get away with and this Slauson's reach thing resulted in a flag?) and the call with Jeffery going to the ground and not getting credit for his catch. That call reversal epitomizes why it is I hate the NFL as it is today. But the way it is yesterday's game is what it is and its done now. I think we as fans, they as players and more importantly, Coach Trestman all learned something yesterday.

As much as I have banged on the team for the losses of Lovie and Urlacher, I think they may have done well with Mr Trestman. I'll be the first to admit that he's starting to grow on me. I especially appreciate his unwavering calm and demeanor during the time of crisis. I think about a week or so ago Cutler commented on the same thing. While he was standing on the sidelines during the GB game he was impressed with how calm Trestman was. This is a profound statement coming from Jay in that I think he has put a lot of faith and trust into the coaching staff. Maybe, just maybe with Trestman letting Cutler play as long as he did proved that Trestman was right (assuming he said something during the game) and in the future Cutler is more apt to listen to the advice.

All that as it was, I think yesterday's game was one of those deals where no matter what the team was going to lose. I mean really (like Trestman pointed out) in the fourth quarter the Bears scored two TD's without getting any points. One being called back for a holding call (I mean really, how many penalties did Detroit get away with and this Slauson's reach thing resulted in a flag?) and the call with Jeffery going to the ground and not getting credit for his catch. That call reversal epitomizes why it is I hate the NFL as it is today. But the way it is yesterday's game is what it is and its done now. I think we as fans, they as players and more importantly, Coach Trestman all learned something yesterday.

Why do you hate the NFL for getting a call correct? I don't like the fact we lost but the call was correct.

OK now that we are basically done moving maybe I can be more active here Lol. At least I'll try. Here's my 2 cents. I love what I see from trestman so far. I don't have a problem with the 4th and short calls. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I love the aggressive play calling. I won't even try comparing trestman and lovie as I think trestman is doing a great job in his 1st yr in the league in a long time. Anybody notice the huge strides that cutler is making in his decision making. Or how about tgr overall growth of Jeffrey. Sure some of that is always gonna be on the player but that's also on the coaching staff as well. Or how about in past a lot of ppl attacked cutler for looking disinterested when he was on sideline and last week during GB game there jay was right nxt to trestman the entire time. Now I will criticize trestman for his decision to leave cutler in. I agree with SCS in that we get starting him but by halftime it was quite evident he wasn't able to move around and could barely step into his throws he has to pull him. U can't just ask the player if he is still good because almost every player is always going to say they are fine. Its on the coach to make that decision

OK now that we are basically done moving maybe I can be more active here Lol. At least I'll try. Here's my 2 cents. I love what I see from trestman so far. I don't have a problem with the 4th and short calls. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I love the aggressive play calling. I won't even try comparing trestman and lovie as I think trestman is doing a great job in his 1st yr in the league in a long time. Anybody notice the huge strides that cutler is making in his decision making. Or how about tgr overall growth of Jeffrey. Sure some of that is always gonna be on the player but that's also on the coaching staff as well. Or how about in past a lot of ppl attacked cutler for looking disinterested when he was on sideline and last week during GB game there jay was right nxt to trestman the entire time. Now I will criticize trestman for his decision to leave cutler in. I agree with SCS in that we get starting him but by halftime it was quite evident he wasn't able to move around and could barely step into his throws he has to pull him. U can't just ask the player if he is still good because almost every player is always going to say they are fine. Its on the coach to make that decision

Where did you move too? are you still my neighbor? I criticized Trestman but like him a lot. He screwed up yesterday but am a big fan. The best coaches in the league make bad decisions sometimes, and I hope one day he will be reveled in the league as one of the best of the best , just not today.

Where did you move too? are you still my neighbor? I criticized Trestman but like him a lot. He screwed up yesterday but am a big fan. The best coaches in the league make bad decisions sometimes, and I hope one day he will be reveled in the league as one of the best of the best , just not today.

We just jumped to Capron, IL. Still just 25 miles from ya.

I'm gonna say the whole "should'a put McCown in" is major Monday morning quarterbacking". Brett Favre played and won for years with all sorts of ailments. Cutler's arm never looked better, and he was only sacked once. And had McCown played mediocre (rather than taking our team right down the field for a TD), just as many people would be irritated with Trestman for panicking.

And I imagine I like McCown more than most of you...which is why I feel confident saying this.

I'm gonna say the whole "should'a put McCown in" is major Monday morning quarterbacking". Brett Favre played and won for years with all sorts of ailments. Cutler's arm never looked better, and he was only sacked once. And had McCown played mediocre (rather than taking our team right down the field for a TD), just as many people would be irritated with Trestman for panicking.

And I imagine I like McCown more than most of you...which is why I feel confident saying this.

Sorry but a handful of us said he (McCown) should have started yesterday. So maybe it was Friday night QBing instead (or whatever the antonym is).

Sorry but a handful of us said he (McCown) should have started yesterday. So maybe it was Friday night QBing instead (or whatever the antonym is).

Friday! That's even worse :bang

Actually, I wanted McCown to start before the game too, but after seeing Jay out there, I realized he was plenty mobile enough to be a pocket QB. At that point, if McCown is better than your starter, that doesn't say much for Jay.

Why do you hate the NFL for getting a call correct? I don't like the fact we lost but the call was correct.

jeffries catches the ball, has control, his knee touches the ground.

is that not the end of the play?

these NFL rules are purposely made to have such a wide interpretation, or grey area, that the games are now controlled by the refs on the field as to who wins or loses... NOT the rules of the game.

That's what I thought as well...

these NFL rules are purposely made to have such a wide interpretation, or grey area, that the games are now controlled by the refs on the field as to who wins or loses... NOT the rules of the game.

jeffries catches the ball, has control, his knee touches the ground. is that not the end of the play? these NFL rules are purposely made to have such a wide interpretation, or grey area, that the games are now controlled by the refs on the field as to who wins or loses... NOT the rules of the game.
The ball was moving. Not even the Bears disagree with the call. No conspiracy on it.

Agreed with the overall statement. I thought Jay started of really good, and again, he made the throw to win them the game. It just so happens that those throws were dropped.

What does everyone think of Manning playing on 2 bum ankles? I know Peyton is elite, but to me that's besides the point.

To me, if a player is cleared medically to play, he should play.

It all depends. Who the back-up is, how immobile the QB is, how good the competition is, etc...

I think they did the right thing by starting Jay. I just think they erred not getting him out of there sooner. Hindsight would say end of the 1/2. But realistically, maybe mid 4th...

Agreed with the overall statement. I thought Jay started of really good, and again, he made the throw to win them the game. It just so happens that those throws were dropped.

What does everyone think of Manning playing on 2 bum ankles? I know Peyton is elite, but to me that's besides the point.

To me, if a player is cleared medically to play, he should play.

Careful there. The definition of "catch" in the NFL rulebook is not the same as the one you probably learned growing up.

Nope. That is most certainly not the end of it.

What's funny is, the rules are so ridiculously verbose and complicated so as to ensure that the refs do NOT decide. That's the entire reason the whole "complete the process" and "complete the catch" verbiage was put in the rulebook. It's to ensure an official doesn't say, "Yeah, but did you see it move after he hit the ground and rolled?" It hand-cuffs the officials into making a call based explicitly on the rules.