Peppers to GB??????

Chitownhustla

He's moving inside to play DE in a 3-4 front. Slausson + Long = Not worried. Especially not worried if Peppers is still performing at the level he did last season. In fact, at that level it makes him a target to run at. I can't believe they gave him $8.5million for this season. They are clearly hoping he returns to form and that's a gamble we rarely see GB make.

Good. Now we know Jay won't get touched by him when we play them twice a year now.

But yeah, ick. I'm sad that he had to choose to spit in our eye as a fan base. Until you are no longer a Packer, F you Peppers. This sin't like Jimmy or Mongo who went to get paid until they retired. Peppers made a boat ton of cash off of us already.

I guarantee he'll be up for our 2 games...but I think our OL and Jay will handle it fine.

Say it ain't so

I can't believe they gave him $8.5million for this season. They are clearly hoping he returns to form and that's a gamble we rarely see GB make.

They did make the comparison of doing this when they signed Chalres Woodson. Problem is Woodson and Peppers are not the same person nor played the same position. Talk about "apples to oranges".

I think he could still find a way to 8-10 sacks next year in a reduced role in the Packer's defense. I think they'll try to preserve him as much as possible. You'll see his reps go down and his production go up IMO. Good move by the Packers. I hope he doesn't do to Jay Cutler what he did to Matt Stafford a few years back.

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays well for them. Also wouldn't be surprised if he was a non factor. Not sure about what position he will be playing in that 3-4 and if it will have any impact on production.

End of the day I would rather NOT face him twice a year. The guy is still a freak at 34 years old.

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays well for them. Also wouldn't be surprised if he was a non factor. Not sure about what position he will be playing in that 3-4 and if it will have any impact on production.

End of the day I would rather NOT face him twice a year. The guy is still a freak at 34 years old.

Agreed. I was kind of hoping we would sign him. Mainly because we are desperate for a 3rd DE. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Jared Allen.

I think he could still find a way to 8-10 sacks next year in a reduced role in the Packer's defense. I think they'll try to preserve him as much as possible. You'll see his reps go down and his production go up IMO. Good move by the Packers. I hope he doesn't do to Jay Cutler what he did to Matt Stafford a few years back.

The thing that could really help him be more productive is having Clay Matthews as a #1 option on the other side.

Anyone know if he would have restructured for the same deal what impact that would have had on the Bears cap?

Per past conversations there was not much room to restructure Peppers deal. He only had 2 years remaining, 2014/15. The best that could have happened would have been him being cut and then signing with the Bears for that same deal. I would not have paid him $8.5mil for 2014.

Instead of Peppers for his $10mil in cap space this year we have:

Houston $5mil

Young $2.66mil

Tillman $3.5mil

Ok so that adds up to $11mil but it would not have happened without freeing up Peppers cap space so I'll take that 3 for 1 deal.

I think it's just an added bonus that Peppers has a $8.5mil cap hit for the Packers this year.

Per past conversations there was not much room to restructure Peppers deal. He only had 2 years remaining, 2014/15. The best that could have happened would have been him being cut and then signing with the Bears for that same deal. I would not have paid him $8.5mil for 2014.

Houston $5mil

Young $2.66mil

Tillman $3.5mil

Ok so that adds up to $11mil but it would not have happened without freeing up Peppers cap space so I'll take that 3 for 1 deal.

I think it's just an added bonus that Peppers has a $8.5mil cap hit for the Packers this year.

It hurts them from signing other people, cool.

Houston $5mil

Young $2.66mil

Tillman $3.5mil

Agreed, 3 for the 1 is going to help out a lot more. We had too many holes.

Im a little surprised they paid that much for him. I will say I respect their front office, they seem to make a lot more good decisions than bad. Maybe they saw something on the film that we didn't, not that I want get to watch the coaches film or even breakdown every play.

'

Its very easy for us to say he is not that good anymore, I cant recall how much people ran away from him or how many times they used two guys to block him or how many plays were designed to run away from him.

Im hoping everyone saying he is washed up is right tho!

Agreed, 3 for the 1 is going to help out a lot more. We had too many holes.

Im a little surprised they paid that much for him. I will say I respect their front office, they seem to make a lot more good decisions than bad. Maybe they saw something on the film that we didn't, not that I want get to watch the coaches film or even breakdown

Maybe their left tackle said something about how he was hard to handle. Peppers looked good that last game and was about 2 inches away from sending us to the playoffs.