Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,547 topics in this forum
-
As per http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=7849 He's number #92 and they've only announced 91-100 so far. Urlacher and Peppers will make the list. Maybe Hester???
-
- 1 reply
- 950 views
-
-
I know a lot of people on here didn't like Lance, but Lance was a total stud for the Bears for a long time and was an all time fav of mine to watch. Wish he could have went out on his own terms but I'm glad he'll be covering the Bears!!! Lance, you are one of the all time great Bears and I thank you for playing the way you did on the field and for how you contributed to some extremely special defenses.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
this weekend per the SCORE. Personally, I would rather give Williams the reps and have Lance take a seat. Peace
-
- 22 replies
- 7.5k views
-
-
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/...g-to-bears.html Briggs echoes Hester, predicts changes coming December 17, 2009 12:40 PM | No Comments lancebriggs-pv.JPGBy Brad Biggs Lance Briggs stepped to the podium in the media room at Halas Hall this afternoon and said he was ready to deliver some controversy. The Pro Bowl linebacker was joking, playing off an interesting Wednesday when wide receiver Devin Hester expressed his frustration with his role and the team's struggles. "There is going to be a shakeup. There is going to be what I call a shake at the lake,'' Briggs joked. Then, the team's leading tackler got serious and admitted …
-
- 11 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Here is something that Vaugh McClure just put up on the Tribune website about regretting not doing more to prevent the collapse of this season: Lance Briggs pointed the finger at one person to blame for the Bears' 5-9 collapse the season: himself. "If I was a better leader, maybe we win more games, period," the linebacker and defensive co-captain said during a community visit Tuesday. "Who wouldn't take it personally? I'm not a leader by default. I'm a leader because I've earned the right to be a leader. So a lot of that burden does fall on my shoulders." The Bears have little chance to atone, with just two games remaining in the season. But Briggs, w…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Briggs wants Bears to acquire a veteran safety Apr 7 4/7/2010 8:19:37 PM | More Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports Bears Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs is encouraged by the addition of Julius Peppers and the return of Brian Urlacher. He can even live with the departure of defensive end Alex Brown and cornerback Nathan Vasher. But Briggs is still hoping for one more player: a veteran safety. "I am excited with what we have right now. But I still think we need a safety, a veteran safety, to help our defense," Briggs said. "But, to me, I'm excited to work hard and prove ourselves."
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
From PFT, which uses as a source the Sun Times, BRIGGS STILL NOT HAPPY? As if the Chicago Bears didn’t have enough to worry about with middle linebacker Brian Urlacher wanting more money, the linebacker who did get more money apparently still isn’t happy about his situation. Brad Bigg of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that Lance Briggs has been skipping voluntary workouts. He reportedly has already missed enough of the sessions to miss out on his $250,000 workout bonus. Last month, he signed a $36 million contract with the Bears, after it became obvious that there was no serious interest in him elsewhere. It could be that Briggs is still upset tha…
-
- 10 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
-
An NFL executive believes impending free agent Lance Briggs will end up with the 49ers this offseason. The Niners were close to acquiring Briggs at October's trade deadline, but the sign-and-trade agreement was nixed because Briggs was the Bears' franchise player. Briggs is a sideline to sideline outside linebacker in Chicago, but would play inside in San Francisco's 3-4 scheme. Source from Chicago Tribune.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
-
- 8 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/mul...clip=Y&rn=3 "I thought the deal was fair then" "I knew Id be here 3 years in" What an ass. The deal was fair when he signed it, but He knew he'd be at this point 3 years in. "If I play at X amount of dollars this then Im asked to play for half that, my play doesnt decrease" WTF does that mean.... Then he talks about CAP situation? Asshole. Lance: You were paid well when u signed the deal.. u have earned what...20M since? Gimme a break. PS: The sniffles also show he is well aware he is being rediculous and management laughed under its breath, because he can't give an answer that has some backing. All…
-
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...ars-about-raise Pardon my french but F**k off Lance. While I'm not on to say you signed your deal stick to your word (the teams don't) theres 3 years left on his deal & if anyone gets sorted after Forte it sure as hell better be Bennett
-
- 79 replies
- 37.2k views
-
-
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,1799231.story Brad Briggs wrote a article about our cap space that was nice.
-
- 0 replies
- 759 views
-
-
Talk about a bad week, I hope he pulls his head out of his arse. He was almost singlehandedly responsible for 3 huge plays for Buffalo. The 2 long runs and the Spiller TD, Briggs was out of position more than McClellin ever was. Now that is bad. On the Spiller TD, he was biting on the fake and could not recover in time which ended as a super easy TD for the Bills. I really hope he turns it around. Maybe he did miss some preparation for the game when he was opening his restaurant.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
unlike urlacher's skank, this one for some reason doesn't strike me as that type that is trying to get rich quick. Broken promise? CHILD SUPPORT | Briggs makes $7.5M a year, his child's mother says she gets $250 a week December 17, 2007 BY STEVE PATTERSON Staff Reporter/spatterson@suntimes.com In the latest chapter of a soap opera-like saga, Chicago Bear Lance Briggs is facing a nasty legal battle that could soon turn nastier. Brittini Tribbett, who has a 3-month-old baby with Briggs, says she's sharing a room with their baby at her mom's house, has turned to family for help buying diapers, and faces unpaid medical expenses and other bills -- de…
-
- 11 replies
- 5.4k views
-
-
I must have been at the bar picking up another beer because I can't recall this many good things. The Bears offense ranking 3rd in big plays during the last 13 games? The Bears D leading the league in 3 and outs? One of the best 3rd down defenses? I definitely remember Green Bay going down twice! http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4288 LAKE FOREST, Ill. – While the Bears stumbled into last place in the NFC North with a disappointing 7-9 record in 2007, the season was not devoid of highlights. The Bears swept the season series from long-time rival Green Bay. The first victory was a 27-20 comeback win Oct. 7 at Lambeau Field. The win wa…
-
- 7 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3241124 Updated: February 11, 2008, 4:06 PM ET * Comment * Email * Print MIAMI -- Quarterback Trent Green was acquired by the Miami Dolphins last year as part of a plan to turn the franchise's fortunes around. Trent Green Green Not surprisingly, Bill Parcells' ideas differ from the previous model. In the Dolphins' first major player purge since Parcells took charge of Miami's football operations, the team parted ways with Green, wide receiver Marty Booker and seven other players Monday -- ushering in the start of what's expected to be a massive offseason roster shakeup by the re…
-
- 84 replies
- 38.5k views
-
-
http://www.bearshistory.com/sidelines/chicagohoneybears.aspx I ran into this and found it interesting... I guess I knew it, but really wanted to confirm the McCaskey's killed it off...not Papa Bear. Dang do I dislike that family... We should start a petition to bring back the Honey Bears! Grouchy, any ideas?
-
- 16 replies
- 4.5k views
-
-
Bears safety Kevin Payne seems to have mastered the art of disguise, refusing to divulge whether he'll start Sunday night's season opener at Indianapolis. If the Bears can mask their defensive coverages in the same manner, maybe they'll have a chance to knock the high-powered Colts off stride. Payne is expected to start at strong safety alongside free safety Mike Brown, a tandem the Bears hope equals better success than their safeties had in Super Bowl XLI. "I like what Kevin Payne has to offer," cornerback Charles Tillman said. "He's young, but I think he's a quick learner. Being in there with Mike Brown and Brandon McGowan, he's picked up things qui…
-
So much for people riding Poles on this. I think he is doing a good job. The Smith holdout will pass. remember, Smith held out on his rookie deal. He doesnt have an agent, that is what he does.
-
- 2 replies
- 626 views
-