Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,547 topics in this forum
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...-cutler-mutiny/
-
- 21 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
I know this will not be well received but whatever. Before I say my piece, understand that I want more than anything for Jay to succeed. That being said, he continues to look like crap. Has Webb helped? No. Should Tice maybe call for more receivers than just Marshall to get the ball? Probably. With Jay allegedly being able to call more audibles and have more say in the offense, this is not what I was hoping to see. Jay has been mediocre at best. He's forcing it to Marshall way too much. In fact the Int was a result of him doing just that. The article that I saw earlier about Jay holding the ball too long may have something to it. Perhaps that is partially to…
-
- 21 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
With all of the debate on this board about Ja Marcus Webb's talent or lack thereof, Iam really puzzled why Chris Williams has been basically shown the door and not really given a solid chance to actually compete for the position he was drafted for and all signs point to Tice. With Chilo Rachal being given a shot at LG it is obvious that Williams has done something that has basically relegated him to playing his last games with the Bears.With his depature that will leave only 1 JA 1st rounder on the roster. Though that may be an indictment of the previous regime development of talent falls on the HC and staff. When there was some awkward comments in a press conference by L…
-
- 21 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Henry Melton @HenMel 5m Thank you chicago for the best 5 years of my life!.... I can't wait to begin the next chapter of my life... With a star on my helmet. Well damn. I still like the idea of bringing in Pat Sims. He's not quite the penetrater Melton is but he is capable of pushing the pocket and he's solid against the run. If they don't sign a guy I'm really hoping Donald falls. Jerrnigan would be nice but we need a guy who's gonna get after the QB.
-
- 21 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Time on my hands looked up the drafts of our last 2 GMs which means our current and former. Found out that JA made 83 picks of which 18 are still in the league and of those 83, 10 made the Pro Bowl. Emery has made 12 picks, 9 are still in the league and with the team with 2 having made the Pro Bowl and if we consider Brandon Marshall as an acquisition then Emery edges out JA who had Urlacher already in the fold, drafted Tillman and Briggs, but acquired no one in his first two years that made the Pro Bowl. So when some of the media started to pound Emery for his defensive selections I had to take a closer look and when its all said and done I believe Emery will have more …
-
- 21 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Ego Ferguson DT LSU will play 2 technique for the Bears. Haven't heard that term used much, but that is lining up in the middle of the G. New defense, different alignments I suppose.
-
- 21 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
Here are some interesting nuggets out of today's note: Jennings going to Nickel on passing downs: Williams looking good: Can our receiving corps get any better: SMC: Bostic: All that time on South Beach is paying off: http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...from-bears-otas http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/05/27/hog...-as-nickelback/
-
- 21 replies
- 6.2k views
-
-
I think it's time. I wore a Butkus jersey yesterday and felt embarrassed that the team on the field was wearing the same uniform. I can't do it. I cannot tarnish the greats and the memory of Papa Bear by supporting this nonsense. This team..I will say it. ...IS NOT THE BEARS. There is nothing Bear-ish about them. They are a disgrace to the uniform. With that said, here's how I (if anyone's morbidly interested in knowing) will be handling my support... 1. I will not attend a Bears game until we have a new HC, GM and QB. No more of my money to line the coffers of the McCaskeys. And note, the HC, GM and QB must not be jokes. They must be legit…
-
- 21 replies
- 4.5k views
-
-
-
Just wondering if anyone knows what the hold up might be concerning John Fox? The day he walked away from Denver the connection to the Bears was made instantly. He wants to be here, we want him here, word is Bears are all in, he interviewed Wed and here it is Friday and only rumors that say it's pretty much a done deal. If he's the man, and the interest is mutual, why not just draw up the contract and get this thing announced? Senior bowl is coming up soon and it would be best to have the staff in place prior too. Are we waiting till after the Conf Champ games to do second interviews with coaches still in the playoffs? The Pace thing happened quickly after the inter…
-
- 21 replies
- 5.8k views
-
-
The Bears trade Cutler, Forte, and Marshall for a 1, 2, and 3. They trade back for a 1 and 2. 1st-mid round and late round 2nd-Bears original, mid round, late round 3rd-Bears original, early round What's your mock? 1. Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson -Kill the QB 1. Hau'oli Kakaha, OLB, Washington -Kill the QB 2. Dorial Beckham-Green, WR, OKlahoma - Marshall replacement 2. TJ Yeldon, RB, Alabama - Challenges for the starting role, insurance, could explode as a rookie 2. Jordan Phillips, NT, Oklahoma - Monster in the middle 3. Hronis Grassu, C, Oregon - Bam! Starts by the end of the year. 3. Derron Smith, FS, Fresno St - I would be shocke…
-
- 21 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
It is pretty funny when they talk about a drop in production, but the guy had half as many targets as he had the two years prior. So of course his receptions and yardage would be down. Every WR on Miami had a down year (maybe the QB's fault or the game plan?). Funny that they cut Hartline and Gibson, are looking to trade Wallace but are keeping Jarvis Landry and his 9.0 yds/rec which is less than their TEs (Clay/Sims). Hartline seems like a durable possession guy.
-
- 21 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/574632313893449728 I would hope that if we wanted him, we would have a leg up considering Fox (assuming he liked Fox). Oakland has the money, Indy has the best chance for winning now, and Washington is where good players go to lose.
-
- 21 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Can you imagine a scenario where DL goes hot and heavy before the Bears pick? 1. TB – Jameis Winston, QB, FSU 2. TEN – Leonard Williams, DT/DE, USC 3. JAX – Dante Fowler, DE, FLA 4. OAK – Randy Gregory, DE/OLB, NEB 5. WAS – Danny Shelton, NT, WAS 6. NYJ – Marcus Mariotta, QB, ORE What then? My thought here is, do the Bears take the 4th best pass rusher with the #7 pick in the draft? I don't like that idea. Assuming no trade down possibilities, I'm thinking they have to go Bama with either Collins or Cooper.
-
- 21 replies
- 4.5k views
-
-
And would you be in favor of selecting him if he does?
-
- 21 replies
- 4.8k views
-
-
We have players hitting players in training camp and I couldn't be happier. We'll have to see the results but after a decade or so of watching lousy tackling and less than physical play in the first few games of the regular season because Lovie and Trestman didn't like hitting in camp this is very welcome news. We have already had one fight and they weren't even in pads. So while I'm not promoting fights I am promoting the fact that you need to work hard to beat the guy on the other side of the line and that means taking it right up to the limit. There is only one way to test that limit. I can't wait to hear how the pads were popping in practice today. While he has …
-
- 21 replies
- 6.9k views
-
-
On another board someone brought up trading Young and cutting Houston. I thought we should hang onto the both of them as I thought both had a good year. I decided to look up some numbers, and they were A LOT better than I thought. The 2 of them combined for 13.5 sacks in 857 snaps. The 13.5 sacks would have been good for 4th in the league, and for comparisons sake, Watt and Mack who were 1 and 2 in the league in sacks both played over 900 snaps. That duo was really underrated.
-
- 21 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
From profootballrumors: "Though Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan has said he is not “actively pursuing” a trade involving defensive ed Muhammad Wilkerson, Cimini says the Bears are a “team to watch” as the draft approaches, noting that New York would instantly accept an offer of the No. 11 overall pick. Wilkerson, who was designated as the Jets’ franchise player, can be assigned the franchise tag again in 2017, essentially allowing Gang Green to lock him up for $34.5MM over two years." I love the idea of getting him and signing him to a long term deal. We have plenty of cap space and he will only be 27 in October. That being said, I hate the idea of giving up t…
-
- 21 replies
- 4.4k views
-
-
Fudge Pack favored by 10? Lacy out. QB comparison (Guess who): 109-181, 1170 yards, 6.46 AVG, 10 TD, 4 INT, 5 FUM, 88.4 Rating 130-189, 1396 yards, 7.29 AVG, 6 TD, 0 INT, 3 FUM, 100.8 Rating Just thinking of postgame implications. Is Fox on the hot seat if we go to 1-6 with Minnesota and a bye looming? If we go to 1-7, does he get axed? How about Loggains? Do the Bears make any coaching changes if we lose against GB or MIN or both? We are 2-9 in out last 11 games dating back to last season (or 3-10 in our last 13).
-
- 21 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
I've been thinking about the concept of cohesion via draft lately. With this draft, there are several scenarios where players could be drafted to create immediate cohesion, assuming that type of bond carries over to the pros. Do you believe it works? Or does the NFL speed/ability difference make the cohesion of rookie opponents negligible? For instance, if the Bears were to draft: RD2: Sidney Jones, CB, Wash RD3: Budda Baker, S, Wash RD4: Kevin King, CB, Wash or RD1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, UNC RD4: Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC or RD1: Jonathan Allen, DE, Bama RD3: Tim Williams, OLB, Bama RD4: Eddie Jackson, S, Bama RD5: Dalvin Tomlinson, DE/NT…
-
- 21 replies
- 2.7k views
-