Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
Urlacher's contract is up at the end of the 2011 season, and we all know with how his back problems are still there despite what he says, we can almost guarantee he retires after that season. Now the question: Will the Bears win a Super Bowl with Urlacher? Explain your reasoning, and give some predictions on who'll lead us in some statistical categories in the year you think they'll win, like tackles, rushing yards, receiving yards, TD's thrown, etc.
-
- 9 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...tml?eref=sihpT1 How dare he predict we lose the Superbowl. I love the path he predictd we take to get there though!
-
- 13 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Article from the Windy City Gridiron states that the Bears have brought LSU edge rusher Arden Key in for a visit. I think if we do not draft edge Round 1, we will come looking for one in Round 2. https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2018/4/16/17245302/chicago-bears-arden-key-visits-draft-lsu-pass-rusher-pro-day-injuries-nfl-2018
-
- 15 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
-
After watching the game on DVR, I was able to see a few things. DL - I'm not worried by talent anymore. I really like what I saw from McClellin, Wootten, Davis, Melton and Collins. Seems like we are going to have plenty of push from the interior. Peppers may feast this year. Idonije may lose his starting position to a platoon of Wootten and Mac. Damn, McClellin can close fast. OL - Spencer and E Williams were complete turds - horrible. Louis and Garza looked OK. Now the tackles. None of them looked all that good. C Williams looking the best of the 3. Carimi and Williams engage their assignment much faster than Webb / Williams at tackle. Webb is phys…
-
- 21 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Cutler regressed. Alshon suspended. Long out for the year. I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight, but I'm wondering if the "always go for the win"-camp still feels the same way. If there ever was a time to shut it down, put in the JV squad, see what the team has on the bench, and play for the draft pick, now is it.
-
- 20 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
So what do you think? Vote and add comments. This is what you want to see as a Bears fan this year.
-
- 13 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Killing time watching some video of safeties and figured I'd share my thoughts. Collins of course is a good player just don't think he's worthy of a top 10 pick. If we pick a safety I don't think it will happen until Rd 3 at the earliest and likely on day 3. I just watch some games on Draft Breakdown and read profiles. I'm off the Damarius Randall (ASU) bandwagon. He has good athleticism and coverage skills but he's soft and misses too many tackles. The number one skill I want from a safety is the ability to tackle. Mike Brown was slow but you knew if it was just him back there he'd make the tackle. Jacquiski Tartt…Samford. For his size/speed combi…
-
- 11 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
So there has been a lot of media energy on this lately, so I thought it deserved its own thread. It seems that the idea comes from a couple of data points, first Poles said during the Senior Bowl that they assess every position, every year, including QB. So from the trade Fields side, this is an indication that Poles is not all-in on Fields. That's it. On the flip side, Poles knows he loses some leverage if it is known that he is moving off the pick regardless. Also, Poles could be just talking about the QB position as a whole which includes backup and 3rd/PS QB. This to me is a weak argument to believe the Bears are considering trading Fields. The next data poi…
-
- 39 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Just read a pretty cool article about him in SI. Have we talked about him? VERY a interested. http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/0...rospects/33463/
-
- 11 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
It is going to be COLD on Saturday. Wind Chill temps between -10 and -15 at game time. Brutal conditions. The ground is going to be like concrete. Huge injury risk. I feel like this is going to be a ground and pound game with very little passing. Probably lower scoring than the line is at. I am thinking 16-14 or something ugly like that.
-
- 58 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
In terms of setting the market for draft picks...well, this adds one more reason why the Bears don't want the #3 pick next year. It might well cost more than the #1 pick.
-
- 13 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
* Orton looked solid and seems to be showing growth. Nice to see after we watched Grossman regress. Let's hope this continues. * My condolences to the "internet football experts" on the site. I know how much happier you all are when the Bears lose. * Atlanta and Minneapolis next. It makes tonight's game all that much more interesting. Both are games the Bears can win but we're going on the road to Atlanta. * Peanut has made amends for his brain-fart that cost us a game. Way to man up, Nut! * Booker's catch was one for the highlight films. Outstanding. And I have to admit, I wasn't a fan of bringing him back. Glad the Bears GM and coaching…
-
- 18 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
who's replacing them? Then they signed defensive linemen Greg Scruggs and Terry Williams
-
- 14 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
So, Koren Robinson was cut by the Packers today. Is anyone interested in having him on our squad?
-
- 12 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Three years ago it was Rivera. Last year it was Big Bad Bob Babich. This year it's going to be Turner out on his ace, which he almost certainly deserves. Anyone who tries "up the gut" so many times just to prove a point deserves to be out. These games are for real, not a flippin joke. But in all sincerity it should be the whole crew, especially Lovie. I'm sorry, but there ain't no way this crew of jalopies is ever going to get anywhere close back to a Super Bowl. A couple more years of this, and Cutler can kiss any dreams he had of being a real "franchise" QB good bye, whatever "franchise" means.
-
- 12 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Jim Harbaugh was a pretty good coach for the 49ers. He took a 6-10 team that hadnt finished above 8-8 in eight years and did this: 2011 (13-3) Lost NFC Championship game in overtime to the Giants 20-17 2012 (11-4-1) Lost Super Bowl to Ravens 34-31 2013 (12-4) Lost NFC Championship game to Seattle 23-17 2014 (8-8) Did not go to the playoffs. Fired after the 2014 season. QB Colin Kaepernick goes on to a record of 3-16 after Harbaugh leaves. Harbaugh's 49ers record including playoffs is 49-22-1 (68%) At Michigan, Harbaugh is 61-24 (71.8%) 2015 (10-3) Won Citrus Bowl 41-7 over Florida Gators 2016 (10-3) Lost Orange Bowl 33-…
-
- 26 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Some seasons you can't point to a defining moment, which shaped the course of the season, for better or for worse. In 2001 I'd say it was the miracle catch by Raymont Harris vs. San Fran, and then the following interception for a return by Mike Brown. In 2002 I'd say it was Leon Johnson trying to catch the punt with his face-mask. In 2007, when the Bears had the lead vs. Dallas and Bernard Berrian let a certain touchdown bounce of his hands. In 2008, the Bears have moment, we have a 17 to 3 lead, and we had a Carolina team that looked frustrated. Greg Olsen hands Carolina the ball in scoring position. Carolina scores, momentum shifts . . . the end. …
-
- 13 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...urlacher-cutler So the question has to be asked, what do you think the team will do (in the long run) with both Brian and Jay? Obviously it's way too early to probably worry about it but if the team does do reallly well this year, it could make for some dicey negotiations. By the way, I could help but notice how dour Cutler and Urlacher look in the article picture.
-
- 24 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...4&cset=true Somewhat accurate, but I don't agree with "a good team that got lucky in a bad NFC last season".
-
- 5 replies
- 3.2k views
-