Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
As per PFT. Althogh he's visiting with the Cowboys and Lions. The Dolphins are also interested. Offensive guard is one area with have not addressed in free agency. (which leads me to suspect we plan on starting Carimi at guard). It would be huge if we could add Moore to stabilize the line. Although he plays at RG which means we'd need to move either him or Lance Louis to LG (assuming Louis resigns.)
-
- 15 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Just one more day of waiting until we start getting feedback on this years team looks. Who will be this years "surprise" and who will take the disappointment trophy away from Marcus Harrison (if anyone)? Surprise: I'm stuck choosing between the two Corey's (Wooten and Graham) but I'm going to go with Corey Graham. By all accounts he's had an excellent offseason and the speed work he did is paying off on the field. After being cast aside last year he returns this year as a viable CB option for us and gives us some desperately needed depth at this position. Disappointment: Jarron Gilbert. A 3rd Rd pick just a year ago he wasn't ready to see the field. Afte…
-
- 14 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Apparently Brett Favre has asked for his unconditional release from the Packers. He wants to play again and my guess is he ends up in Minnesota. A year ago if this happened, I would have penciled him into Chicago but now with an unproven RB, young oline, and an unproven WR core I don't see the Bears as a very attractive option for Brett (albeit I still think it would be one of his top 5 destinations, given the strong defense and his familiarity with the franchise).
-
- 10 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Having this high of a pick for the Bears is new territory we havent visited in along time. In viewing dozens of mock drafts and player ratings several names keep recurring. these 4 are in every article: Winston Mariota Gregory Williams we will never see these for names at #7. Amari Cooper-Shane Ray-Brandon Scherff-Danny Shelton the next 4 most common names to show up: Our pick will come from these 4 names There is merit to select each of these 4 as pertaining to our #7 pick I think with Fox, Pace,Fangio they …
-
- 18 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
It seems that the coaching staff has decided that Olsen is a mismatch in certain situations, and those are the situations in which he'll be used. However, they have yet to explore the type of routes I saw Owen Daniels use against the Bears today. Like a person first learning how to play chess, Turner sticks with what has worked before, seemingly never learning from his mistakes. Frankly, I'm amazed that any team in the league doesn't know that when the Bears are near the goal-line they are planning on spreading out Olsen and throwing either the jump-ball, fade, or slant to him simply because he is taller. The Texans' DBs showed today that taller is not all you nee…
-
- 16 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
I decided to start a thread where we can discuss everyone's fantasy about what Kevin White brings to the Bears offense.The reason why I used the word fantasy is because he is being projected into a role that he has yet to to actually perform in. Projection, prediction and fantasy are all similar terms when it comes to sports(imo). When the Bears picked White I was extremely happy as much as I was when Jeffrey was drafted in the second round. WTBS Jeffrey struggled in his first season with injury and conditioning and White played 1 year at division 1 before getting drafted by the Bears and the scouting reports say he was only asked to run a couple of routes. Hopefully…
-
- 19 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Saw this on another board. This is from someone who "supposedly" has a close connection to someone within the Bears organization. Take it for what you will, but the individual indicates the Bears will announce they have hired Pace prior to interviewing Bowles.
-
- 11 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
In one spot I have Ryan Grant (who will probably suck against the Vikings, but I'll go with him anyway) In the other spot I have to choose between: Ricky Williams Senior (I'd planned to start him until Miami hinted Brown may get more carries) DeAngelo Williams Fred Taylor Ahman Green Kenny Watson Thankfully I'm loaded at WR.
-
- 11 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
At the beginning of the second round, the Bears told Ohio safety Michael Mitchell to stay by his phone because they planned to draft him at No. 49. But the Raiders beat them to it, taking Mitchell two spots earlier. "When [the Bears] did that, I was like, 'I'm going to be a Chicago Bear,' " Mitchell told the Raiders media during a teleconference. "That's what I was thinking." That's what the Bears were thinking, too, until Oakland raided their second-round cupboard http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,4716296.column Wow. Everyone was killing this pick when it was the Raiders. It will be interesting to see how he pans out.
-
- 11 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
per my awesome Twitter account and extensive searching of Bears fans and analysts on Twitter theTERRATORreal Bears showing strong interest in PBowl G Leonard Davis in ongoing collecting of former cowboys.. It is rumored by a few different sources that CB K. hayden has an offer and deal in place from a team believed to be Bears Personally, like em both....Both a plus upgrade. i know none of u will but if u wanna follow me it would be appreciated....
-
IMHO the real postion battles that we should keep an eye on is the Oline. These are the players we have on the roster Roberto Garza C, Chris Spencer C ,Cory Brandon OT, James Brown OT, Gabe Carimi OT, A.J. Greene OT, Tyler Hendrickson OT, J'Marcus Webb OT, Ricky Henry OG , Lance Louis OG ,Nick Pieschel OG Chilo Rachal OG, Chris Williams OG Edwin Williams OG/C. Looking at these players i think from the start that Greene, Hendrickson,Henry,Brandon and Pieschel wont make the team...that just me. The GM spoke about Henry, Pieschel and Rachal so who knows...but I have a feeling that its going to be Williams LT, Spencer LG, Garza C, Louis RG Carimi RT as the 1st string,…
-
- 23 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
I need someone to help me understand why all the pundits etc. are making such a big deal about all the tight ends on the roster in April. Should they not bring in perhaps one better then all of them just because they have to many. Maybe they should only bring 60 players to training camp. You don't need 90+. I thought the idea was to have the best 53 when the season starts not in April. And on a side note. Today is the day my wife and I were to leave for our long planned month long trip to Europe. In the world we live in it's not a big price to pay compared to so many. But it was something we had planned for a year.
-
- 26 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
Didnt know where to put this, so just went new. Orakapo has been tagged as well as Hardy earlier. That leaves Bennett Houston Johnson as top level DEs that are left. I suspect they all get greater offers than we will suspect. SO we should target a FA of lesser valve or resign Wootten and grab one in the draft. We have to resign a couple of our own FAs and then fill in with some cheaper FAs because the draft will only bring us probably one quality recruit to start.
-
- 31 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
Reports out of the Halas are that Brandon Lloyd is by far the best WR in the bunch. Fan Favorite Mike Hass will most likely be packing his bags as he will most likely be a practice player again and the Bears may let him pursue a shot with another team. Riddeau, Bennett, and Monk have all looked better than Hass so they will be competing for roster spots. Right now, the WR spots fill up as: Booker, Lloyd, Davis, Bennett, Bradley, Monk. (Hester also, but more of ST). Bradley is now walking with out his brace. St. Clair is still holding the LT spot, until Williams can "officially" take it from him in competiton. Beekman has been taking snaps at C with the seco…
-
- 10 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
Matt Reynolds of BYU. I watched play and guy is just a monster. He was by far their most talented lineman I watched play a few times
-
- 18 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
Being and LSU fan I have watched Daniels the last 2 years and he has made huge strides in his abilities. He appears to be ahead of Williams is about every stat. I never watched Williams play, so not looking at stats, why does everyone say he is so much better? Been waiting for some talk show guys to explain the difference but none have ever done it.
-
- 52 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
From Rotoworld: Jaguars signed WR Torry Holt to a three-year, $20 million contract, according to NFL Network's Steve Wyche. He chose the Jags over the Titans. The Bears, Giants, and Eagles never showed interest. Holt, 33, is coming off his worst season and will be playing on grass for the first time in his career in a run-heavy offense. He's a poor bet to match his 2008 numbers (64-796-3), although Holt is an upgrade over the Jags' current receivers. He's likely projected to start opposite Mike Walker, with Dennis Northcutt in the slot. The draft, of course, could change that. I can't believe the Bears were not interested. Who do we sign now? I bet we could …
-
- 15 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
Per Adam Hoge on Twitter: "Things are tense today at Halas Hall. A loud argument between players just erupted in the hallway adjacent to the media room. Hard to tell exactly who was involved. #Bears" IMO - Fox is losing this team. Peace
-
- 29 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
I was at a wedding last night, and one of my wife's freinds came up to me all excited that a freind of hers was drafted by the Bears. I asked the name and she said Jefferson. So, I immediately knew he wasn't "drafted", but figured he was signed after the draft. I checked on line on my phone and found that to be true. She said he's an amazing and down to earth guy who is a really hard worker. She said he was beyond thrilled that he landed with the Bears. So, I feel like I've got a horse in the race and am really pulling for this kid to make it. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...5&genpos=WR http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players…
-
- 13 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
he is a little blip about the Browns trading Anderson...nothing about the Bears, but they said he could be had for a 3rd. Think the Bears would show some interest? http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Ru...?urn=nfl,142852
-
- 10 replies
- 3.1k views
-