Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

  • There are no registered users currently online

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by bradjock,

    The Bills traded DT John McCAargo to Indy for a 4th round pick--as per profootballtalk.com. This is significant since McCargo was the guy that Buffalo traded up with Chicago to get in 2006. The Bears gave up the 26th pick for the #42 & the #73 pick. We took Danieal Manning & Dusty Dvoracek. Buffalo would have been one helluva a lot better off standing pat and taking Dvoracek. Not to mention this trade gave us the flexibility to draft Devin Hester. 2006 was also the year that Bears fans were screaming for Angelo to try and trade up to draft Vernon Davis. So far Davis can't even succeed in a Mike Martz offense. I throw this up for 2 reasons:…

  2. Started by Da Bears 88,

    Link

    • 14 replies
    • 3.1k views
  3. Started by bear trap,

    Last year I worked 3rd shift and only caught a hand full of games. I bs you not, we did not lose any game I watched last year! This year I work on sundays from 10 to 7:30, so the only game I've seen this year was against the Colts. Seems like the games I watch we win, but the games I miss we lose! God I wish I had some Vacation time, I'd take every sunday off!!! But oh well all I can say is this week, like week one is primetime and I WILL be watching, so chalk one up in the W column!!!

  4. Started by scs787,

    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...ons-fan-twitter This team really is something else right now.

  5. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    Ok, he was definitely a character-risk not long ago. And everyone says he just didn't fit with Belichek. But is it just me or did Pats just sign the biggest jackass Diva WR of all time? And to make matters worse. They signed arguably the biggest Piece of Human Garbage playing in NFL in Haynesworth. Are they hurtin' in CAP SPace? Mankins, Haynesworth, Brady, etc.. I dont know. I welcome Meriweather and hope he's great, hes an instant upgrade and desperate need for a ballhawk/playmaker.

    • 16 replies
    • 3.1k views
  6. Started by AZ54,

    The news everyone has been waiting to hear. I may be alone in this but I'm glad to have him back on the field. I expect he'll be a bit rusty but he may also have had some time to sit back and learn the position better. I will summarize why I'm optimistic this way: Reggie Herring is being praised for his work with the backups this past week against Atlanta, and rightfully so. Reggie is the same guy who continues to praise SMC, his skill set and the improvement he showed before the injury. If Reggie is looking forward to having SMC back as a starter, and says he is close to showing us that he can be a playmaker, then I'm glad too.

    • 14 replies
    • 3.1k views
  7. Started by lemonej,

    Not good and we got a guy still standing!

    • 25 replies
    • 3.1k views
  8. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    He never talks about adding guys. It makes me think... I've never heard Angelo talk in the tone he did when I heard this on CTL. The way he said this made me crack a grin. Again, his tone made him sound in charge. It made him sound like he understands the core of the defense's window for a ring may be closing and he wants one soon as well. But who is he referring to? Vasher? Harris? Ogunleye? Maybe even Hester on KR's/PR's? On MJH today, JD says either Anderson or Ogunleye won't be back next year. That was in a response to a question about the future of Babich. Bank on Marinelli being apart of this organization next year. He …

    • 17 replies
    • 3.1k views
  9. Started by Lucky Luciano,

    how the mccaskey family has failed to learn ANYTHING in regards to running an NFL franchise after 35 years, since mugs halas died in 1979, is truly unbelievable. they put the boy genius mikey in charge and he personally drove this franchise into the ground for over 30 years with bad decisions. after 20 years it became so bad and he was taking so much heat from fans and the media that they moved their financier and vice president ted phillips (supposedly) into mikey's spot as president and GM to take the spotlight off their golden boy genius son and demoted him to gardener. off to mowing the grass at halas hall huh mikey? right! meanwhile the 'family' gave us the…

    • 11 replies
    • 3.1k views
  10. Re-unite Long brothers? Laurinaitis at LB, he is 29?

  11. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    Usually I am no fan of Theisman (I think he is way too full of himself) but this time I have to say he has some good points. In essence he is challenging Roy to actually play or move on. Of course Theisman then goes on to add that he doesn't think any of the Bears WR corps is special. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...y-williams.html

  12. Started by jason,

    Tell me...please. He did what you want: run, run, run. 35 runs, 20 passes. And the Bears offense looked like garbage for most of the game and got completely bailed out by the D/ST combo. The OL opened up very few holes. Cutler dropped back 19 times, got sacked twice, and had pressure several times. What is Martz supposed to do? Please enlighten me. Also, please be remotely consistent. You can't call for a 60/40 run to pass ratio, get it, and then act like Martz called some sort of horrible game. The Lions loaded up to stop the run. Period. You can only call so many screens and draw plays (pssst...those plays didn't work today). This is a gameplan othe…

    • 23 replies
    • 3.1k views
  13. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    -Bears brass believes success went to his head after rookie year. -They werent at all impressed with his work ethic last off-season as he spent most of his time in Tulane.

    • 19 replies
    • 3.1k views
  14. Started by Wesson44,

    Colts | Manning's status uncertain for regular season opener? Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:52:10 -0700 Updating previous reports, Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning (knee) is uncertain for the Sept. 7 regular-season opener against the Chicago Bears following surgery to remove an infected bursa sac in his left knee. The Colts report to training camp July 24. Colts | Manning undergoes knee surgery; out 4-6 weeks Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:48:11 -0700 The Indianapolis Colts have announced QB Peyton Manning (knee) had an infected bursa sac removed from his left knee Monday, July 14, and he is expected to make a full …

  15. Started by nfoligno,

    In looking at which QB starts for us, I read about many things each does well, but that got me thinking. What traits are going to be most important. Downfield passing is one that so often comes up, but simply not what I consider all that important. In a perfect world, it would be great to have a QB that can connent deep w/ his reciever, but I just question how much of our game will be centered about that. We have Hester to run downfield, but beyond the WR, or even the QB, I simply question our OL. How many here believe we have an OL that can pass protect long enough to allow WRs to run deep routes. IMHO, if we try to allow deep patterns to open up, we will see a…

    • 17 replies
    • 3.1k views
  16. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    I talked to my friend today, as I thanked him for the Trestman information. He let me in on another thing: expect them to hire Pat Meyer, who is the OL/Running Game Coordinator at Colorado State. There hasn't been a title given yet but expect him to be a RB coach or maybe the OL coach even. Sometime in December, he was hired by the Alouettes.

  17. Started by scs787,

    This Board is dead and it's killing me...I'm literally watching bowling right now. Lol. I'm gonna pull a Terra and post me up a good ol mock. Cut Hester, Davis, and Spaeth...I believe that (~7M) along with the 3 mill carried over and the 13 we already have gives us 23M to work with Resign- Melton- 8 Roach-3 Moore-2 Hayes-1 Okoye-2 Sign Andy Levitre 7 Draft Trading down in the first would be a fantastic thing, with the depth of the OL in the draft class I think we can venture into the low 1st high 2nd and still get a good piece. It's tough to really tell who might be interested in trading up so I'll just throw out a random team with 2 …

    • 37 replies
    • 3.1k views
  18. Started by madlithuanian,

    I just read Najeh Davenport was just dumped by the Steelers. I think he may be a decent fit. A vertan with a decidedly different running style than all our other guys. He could prove useful in the red zone without treading on some of our other backs' forte's... All pun intended... Thoughts?

    • 7 replies
    • 3.1k views
  19. Started by jason,

    Cleveland is hunting, and wants to move up from 12. https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/857307213794349057 Pace has taken calls about the #3 pick. https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/857251302572789762 Let's make it happen!! Cleveland gives their #12, their 2nd rounder, their 3rd rounder, and a 6th rounder to the Bears for #3.

    • 25 replies
    • 3.1k views
  20. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    SI.com Thoughts? As of now, it looks a bit easy. The Lions, Packers, Browns, Rams, 49ers, Seahawks, and Bengals all have top 12 draft picks. Obviously, it could change totally (see: 2008 Falcons, 2008 Dolphins) but as of now, it looks like the NFL schedule's are in our favor.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.