Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
There's a lot of smoke these days around the draft including some potential trades. At the top of my list is the spectacle in NE where Belichick is reportedly shopping Mac Jones. I'm so old I can remember when the media loved Jones and how he was the better pick over the other QBs. What this could mean for the draft I'm not sure and I have no clue what kind of value Jones would garner. At this point it seems clear we'll see 3 QBs go in the top 5: Stroud, Young, and Richardson. Levis is the wildcard but will he drop out of the top 10 or does Tenn come up and grab him at 9? What exactly is Belichick plan at QB? Hendon Hooker? Trade up to get Levis if he drops? …
-
- 1 reply
- 530 views
-
-
Since we have picked up a few FA do we draft for needs or for the BPA. I see needs as being at TE, (loss Bennett) and RB (loss Forte) CB/SS/FS ours are not really that great. Maybe LT if we feel Leno isn't the best option and maybe a DL. But surely we need to draft GAME CHANGERS not just BPA. K.Drake in the later rounds would be nice as he can do alot with his speed at RB/WR/KR. But I do feel that we should try to fill the production that we have lost and so do the staff....that's why we went after Anderson(RB) and Hill(TE)...so look for those to be two sspots we are going to draft a player.
-
- 18 replies
- 4.4k views
-
-
I played the draft game for the first time. Here's how it went.
-
- 23 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
The reviews and instant grades are coming in. For me this was an excellent weekend. For a draft that started late 3rd Rd we still picked up two players with 2nd Rd grades. Montgomery is a starter week 1. Ridley is a future WR2 starter. Shelley looks like at least a solid backup NB but has the potential to become a starter. Whyte has enough ability to develop into a 3rd RB after a year on the practice squad but may only find a niche as a special teams player. Denmark is just an athletic freak. I'm really curious to see how he handles the jump to the NFL but Pace saw enough not to take a chance on grabbing him as a UDFA. Then in UDFAs we added OG Bars…
-
- 2 replies
- 824 views
-
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5786 April 27, 2009 Bears earn high marks for draft effort By: Larry Mayer | Last Updated: 4/27/2009 5:30 PM LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Bears generally were awarded high marks for their performance in this past weekend's NFL Draft, earning two As, five Bs and two Cs from the following national writers and broadcasters: In giving the Bears a B, ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. labeled third-round pick Jarron Gilbert the biggest steal of the draft and wrote that “wide receiver Juaquin Iglesias was a good pick, as were cornerback D.J. Moore and wide receiver Johnny Knox. Seventh-round pick Derek Kinder could …
-
- 3 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
http://walterfootball.com/offseason2013chi.php 2013 NFL Draft Individual Grades: 20. Kyle Long, G, Oregon: D Grade Well... at least this fills... a need... Umm... I'm kind of speechless right now. With Tyler Eifert and stud defenders like Desmond Trufant and Sylvester Williams available, the Bears decided to take an inexperienced second-round guard. Long may have been around for Chicago's next selection, so this pick is extremely questionable. Follow @walterfootball for updates. 50. Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida: B Grade The Bears hope they've landed their successor for Brian Urlacher. Middle linebacker was a big need, and Jon Bostic is definitely …
-
- 26 replies
- 7.4k views
-
-
http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/draft/...es-and-analysis NFC North Chicago Bears: B Despite their well-documented aborted trade with the Baltimore Ravens, the Bears overall did a very nice job in the 2011 draft. The Bears surprisingly found one of the safer offensive tackles still available to them at No. 29 in Wisconsin's Gabe Carimi, the reigning Outland Trophy winner. They also found a squatty strongman to potentially fill the large shoes left by Tommie Harris in former Oregon State Beaver Stephen Paea. Paea's record-breaking 49 reps at 225 pounds at the combine proved his strength, though to be effective as a three-technique he'll need to show b…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
This is a pretty difficult decision for me since I promised to try and bring some draft info to this site. The team that we all root for has no 1st or 2nd round picks so I'm in a quandry as to where I should focus my posting of information that I have researched. Clearly we have to be looking at the 2nd or 3rd tier of prospects in the upcoming draft unless we can somehow get back into the first or second round. So my question to everyone is do you want me to list all the prospects at each position or should I narrow it down to what may be available when the Bears make their first pick in the 3rd round? The hard part of narrowing the field is I may omit someone who slips i…
-
- 8 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
The draft is going to be more relevant as the season moves on so might as well keep everything in one thread . The biggest prize in this draft is MHJ. We are in a position to draft him. Where we draft will be key, I think top 3 is guaranteed, our pick at worst top 10. The question will be will Poles try to get another kings ransom with the top pick or use the pick for a QB, MHJ? I dont think its a mistake either way he goes. If he doesnt rate any QB generational then I think he takes MHJ with his first pick. no matter who the QB is, MHJ or even a Bowers pick makes them better. Imagine DJ and Harrison on the outside with Kmet and Bowers at TE. OMG Our ne…
-
- 64 replies
- 4.6k views
-
-
Intersting data here on draft sites accuracy based on Top 100 rankings being selected in the top 100 picks. http://www.thehuddlereport.com/scoring/top100.shtml
-
- 6 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Sadly, I have to start looking at how we fix this mess in the offseason or the emotions of these losses will really make me depressed. I've said fixing the pass rush is the top priority for us in the offseason. Safety is in the mix too. However, what if the value isn't there when we pick in the 1st Rd? When you draft early in the first I think it's imperative that you grab a blue chip player period regardless of needs. If that blue chip player fits a need all the better but regardless, you always take the elite player when the opportunity presents itself. Draft Tek has us picking a LT, Andrus Peat, from Stanford. I know they are using computer simulations …
-
- 13 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
In no order of importance what do you all think our draft needs are for the upcoming season. Safety (both) CB Slot receiver Center LB's (all) #1 receiver return man special teams help Tackle Running back DT DE Punter Did I miss anything? (in my terra voice) F my life!
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
I say, OL(1st round if there is a 1st rd LT out there, move Tait back to RT), Safety(high only if there is a mike brown type leader out there) Linebackers(Middle/Strong even if we resign briggs. I am concerned Urlacher will never be Urlacher again. ), DT/RB take your pick.
-
- 22 replies
- 9.4k views
-
-
So looking at the draft do we draft for needs or for BPA? Looking at our roster below we have a few needs. I say we need DT,LB CB,,FS and a SS. We still have roster cuts and FA...but we cant get them all in the draft.. I say we get either Donald or Pryor/Gilbert in rd1, DT Jones or FS Bucannon in rd2.3rd rd Bullough LB DE Allen= starter Houston=starter/DT Young=2nd team Izzy=2nd team/DT Bass Lane Robertson Scott Washington DT Collins Paea Ratliff LB Bostic=fighting to be starter with McClellan Briggs=starter Franklin=cut Greene=????? McClellan=fighting to be starter with Bostic Senn= special teams ace D.J Williams=s…
-
Not sure if it's because I'm interested in the way Pace runs his first draft or if it's because the Bears needs are so plentiful but this draft is the one I've been most anxious for in a long time. Probably also has to do with us having such an early pick and the bad damn taste last season left in my mouth. But whatever it is... I CAN'T WAIT!
-
- 31 replies
- 7.9k views
-
-
We addressed our line here and in FA , I think we will be much better for it. Trestman must have liked Fales a lot or I dont think drafing a QB was on Emerys radar. I think we almost did as good with UDFA as what we did in the draft. Jones and Lynch willl make the final roster and Groy will make the practice squad. I think we got two really good DTs in the second and third round. They replace Ratliff and Paea in the future years. Rotational guys as of now. Fuller is going to be a star. Leno makes the roster . Carey is damn good and will be a tandem with someone else once Forte is done. Vereen ends up being the starter game 5 and keep…
-
- 2 replies
- 1k views
-
-
https://www.ndtscouting.com/ledyard-draft-s...-next-3-months/ We all use them.
-
- 0 replies
- 780 views
-
-
Thought it was interesting to see where the books have the draft odds starting with the highest names tied to the Bears and than on down. NFL Draft position Over/Unders: Mason Graham (5.5) Will Campbell (5.5) Armand Membou (6.5) Sanders (8.5) Jalon Walker (8.5) Ashton Jeanty (9.5) Tyler Warren (9.5) Will Johnson (11.5) Mikel Williams (15.5) JihadCampbell (15.5) Tetairoa McMillan (17.5) Matthew Golden (17.5) Mike Green (17.5) Jayden Barron (18.5) Banks Jr. (18.5) Colston Loveland (19.5) Omarion Hampton (19.5) Jaxson Dart (24.5) Emeka Egbuka (29.5)
-
- 5 replies
- 604 views
-
-
As the season closes, the Bears will be looking at these names and others to add to the 2018 roster. I targeted what should be the the focal point of OLB, OT, and WR at the 7,8, or 9 slot. They may surprise us with a CB, S, G or another position, feel free to throw more names. Is there a player that we cannot pass if a trade down offer arises? The Bears need to hit a homerun once again with 3 to 4 additions. Do they trade down for quantity or take the quality.
-
- 17 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
SoS will be computed after this week, so these are using last week's SoS, so we may pass Dallas for 8th after the games are computed: 1. DET 1-7 (7) 2. TEN 1-6 (30) 3. CLE 2-6 (14) 4. SD 2-6 (12) 5. BAL 2-6 (4) 6. SF 2-6 (1) 7. JAX 2-5 (19) 8. DAL 2-5 (6) 9. CHI 2-5 (5) 10. HOU 3-5 (23) 11. KC 3-5 (2) We play 3 teams on this list (SD, SF, and DET), 2 bad teams (TB, WAS), 2 great teams (GB, DEN), and 2 good, but beatable teams (MIN, STL). What is crazy is we could still technically win 7 of those 9 games and no one would question those wins, and we could also only win 3 of them and no one would question the losses. Such an odd season. Cra…
-
- 134 replies
- 31.4k views
-