Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. The older I get the less I agree with being a sports traditionalist. I want exciting and cutting edge and more respect for what we can do offensively! Yes, I did love the way we pounded the rock in week one against Indy but we were able to dictate the pace and control the line of scrimmage. Week 2 has shown that right now if we do not control the line of scrimamge for 60 minutes we can not adjust to compete in a shoot out ala teams like the Broncos, Dallas, Philly, and Greenbay! In Baseball I think both leagues should have a DH casue I can't stand watching the pitcher bat. Pitching and def are very important in baseball as is running the ball and keeping the oppone…

  2. Started by Wesson44,

    Bears | Will listen to offers for Olsen Comment (0) Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:51:10 -0700 Updating previous reports, Neil Hayes, of Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears will listen to offers for TE Greg Olsen even though general manager Jerry Angelo has insisted he is not shopping Olsen. My question is if you are not going to trade him why listen? Sounds like a smokescreen to me. Bears | Could have interest in Grant Comment (0) Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:47:36 -0700 Neil Hayes, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears could have interest in unrestricted free-agent FS Deon Grant (Seahawks). Deon Grant is this worth a lo…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.3k views
  3. Started by AZ54,

    Anyone else drinking this Kool-Aid? http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/16720...-top-10-in-2016 In the article he states our secondary was ranked 4th in the league but I find that deceiving in part due to the lack of run defense. I also don't have the much confidence in either Fuller or Porter. Yet we weren't that bad in the 2nd half of the season. Evidence for optimism resides here: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015112602/2...3&tab=recap I think top 10 D is a realistic possibility with a little bit of luck. That luck includes someone else among the young safeties stepping up as a legit starter next to Amos. Good health among the ILB star…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.3k views
  4. Which position/area would you like the Bears to focus a little more love on? Or, put another way, which position/area could the Bears draft multiple players and get your support? Two at QB, WR, OT, CB, S? What about three for the secondary? With all the talk about S in the first, I was wondering if the tolerance level had risen to where a surplus would be accepted. I think I would be OK with a draft that went extra heavy in the secondary. Find a problem, address the problem. Period. 1. Malik Hooker, S, OSU 2. Adoree Jackson, CB, USC 3. Jordan Leggett, TE, CLEM 4. Damontae Kazee, CB, SDST 4. Obi Melifonwuo, S, UCONN 5. Chad Kelly, QB, MISS…

    • 16 replies
    • 2.3k views
  5. Started by adam,

    Some pretty good assessments. I posted a little from each player, but there is more at the link. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/...=29927&pg=2

    • 6 replies
    • 2.3k views
  6. No salary cap in 2010. I cant wait to see what the Redskins and Cowboys rosters look like.

    • 6 replies
    • 2.3k views
  7. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/pa...&position=2 Partly posted as we are heading into a bye week, seems as though the news is stagnant and curious to see what others think. Could/would he be a worthwhile look? There is the possibility that his injury history and/or price could be a hurdle...but one has to ask.

    • 10 replies
    • 2.3k views
  8. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/04/20/...&feedID=661 2010 Bears Preseason Schedule DATE OPPONENT TIME TV/RADIO Saturday, April 14 at San Diego Chargers 8:00pm WFLD-TV/WBBM Radio Saturday, April 21 vs. Oakland Raiders 7:30pm WFLD-TV/WBBM Radio Saturday, April 28 vs. Arizona Cardinals 7:30pm WFLD-TV/WBBM Radio Thursday, Sept. 2 at Cleveland Browns 7:00pm WFLD-TV/WBBM Radio 2010 Bears Regular Season Schedule DATE OPPONENT TIME TV/RADIO Sunday, Sept. 12 vs. Detroit Lions Noon FOX/WBBM Radio Sunday, Sept. 19 at Dallas Cowboys Noon FOX/WBBM Radio …

    • 8 replies
    • 2.3k views
  9. Started by azbearsfan,

    I didn't realize that this years defense was putting up better numbers than the 2006 defense, interesting read here

    • 8 replies
    • 2.3k views
  10. Started by scs787,

    Looks like this guy might be doing some volunteer work at PFF lol Just gotta hope I can come up with 25 dollars to buy an NFL rewind subscription. This site really needs a catch all thread, I feel dirty posting this in a new thread but I thought it was fantastic news and something Jason would love to hear. Gonna piss a lot of people off by there being no real news here lol

    • 15 replies
    • 2.3k views
  11. Started by lemonej,

    Dez Clark refused to do interviews on the air (AM 1000 ESPN) because he reached out to the Bears and they have not returned his calls after the the signing of the TE today. He said as much in intervieiews after the season that he thought he could be replaced and with him already recieving a 475,000 dollar roster bonus and only due 1.5 mil he shouldn't be a cap casualty this year but it may come down to keeping him or Olsen.

    • 13 replies
    • 2.3k views
  12. Started by AZ54,

    I have to say between our two teams I expected this headline for Chicago. Oh, and look who has Oline issues... https://www.nfl.com/news/niners-qb-trey-lance-not-going-to-make-too-big-of-a-deal-of-ugly-preseason-outin

    • 29 replies
    • 2.3k views
  13. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    1. Cutler was great. Aside from his pick-6 and first 10 throws, he finished 20-25 with 320 yards and 2 TD's. 2. Maybe I'm over-reacting but I think Alshon Jeffery will get to 1,000 yards this year. 3. Marshall is a beast. Bennett is a nice compliment to everything the offense has. 4. Putting the first few plays to the side, the OL wasn't too bad. Freeney going out helped too, I'm sure. Spencer is clearly the worst OL they have, however. Maybe it's already time to give Williams a try there? 5. Tim Jennings was awesome today. Peppers and Melton were forces. Briggs was fun to watch.

    • 19 replies
    • 2.3k views
  14. Started by Connorbear,

    from the Sun Times. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear01.article Would love to see Rosensleaze having to come back to Angelo to talk contract. JA should tell him no negotiations - this is the contract, take it or leave it. I still think Berrian is gone. Peace

  15. Started by jason,

    Did the Bears pay too much? I read this tidbit from Sun Times and have a bit of confusion within me: What was the actual cost of the Cutler trade with Denver? The Broncos drafted defensive end Robert Ayers with the Bears’ first-round pick in 2009 (18th overall). The 49ers acquired the 2010 first-round pick from the Broncos and drafted offensive tackle Anthony Davis with 11th overall pick. And the swap of third/fifth round picks turned into a trade of wide receivers — Mike Wallace (by the Steelers in the third round) for Johnny Knox (by the Bears in the fifth round). Trading for Cutler certainly changed the course of the franchise, and there is no guarantee…

  16. Started by madlithuanian,

    BEARS PLACE VASHER ON IR Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2008, 1:19 p.m. If the Chicago Bears are going to return to the postseason in 2008, they’ll have to make it happen without starting cornerback Nathan Vasher. On Saturday, the Bears placed Vasher on injured reserve. The team announced the move via e-mail several minutes ago. Vasher has a broken hand. Recently, coach Lovie Smith wouldn’t comment on whether the injury would end Vasher’s season. To fill the spot created by the move, the Bears promoted fullback Jason Davis from the practice squad to the active roster.

    • 6 replies
    • 2.3k views
  17. Some people think that Kingsbury has did a better job with a rookie QB than Johnson with Goff. Pluses: former HC Has developed QBs Has a relationship with Caleb Did have some success but failed after Murray got hurt. He may be looked at as a viable candidate for a HC job.

    • 27 replies
    • 2.3k views
  18. Started by Mongo3451,

    Thought I'd throw this out there. It really struck an important tone in the importance of picking OL. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...,7056029.column

  19. Started by bradjock,

    LOVED the Jones signing. What's not to like? I'm pretty damn happy with everything we've done this off-season. We've resigned our own guys, cut dead weight, and hope to have their replacements: Archuletta gone, Draft Steltz Cut Moose, sign Booker Lose Berrian, get Lloyd Dump Miller, draft Williams Fire Benson, sign Jones For every action, there's been reaction. (ok, we're still looking for a 3rd string QB, but I suspect we'll find one soon enough) But we've yet to replace Ruben Brown. I wouldn't mind seeing St. Clair play LG, but to assume that Williams is actually ready to start at LT is a huge assumption. As for Metcalf, just about every year …

    • 5 replies
    • 2.3k views
  20. Started by dawhizz,

    I touched on this in another thread, but I think the Bears have to be at least considering drafting two WRs this year if the value is there. I'm sure they would still love to add a veteran (particularly Holt), but the amount of research the Bears have put into scouting the WRs suggests to me that they would probably be interested in getting a couple new bodies in there. So, if that's the case, which two WRs do you draft and where do you think you can get them?

    • 9 replies
    • 2.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.