Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...s-came-calling/

  2. Started by dawhizz,

    In David Haugh's new column: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,4846510.column I still don't like it. Haugh rattles off his stats over four years like it's some impressive feat when other WRs had that in one or two years sometimes. I'd rather take Barden.

  3. Started by Daventry,

    Hi All, Just wanted to say thanks to Pixote for starting this great forum and for all who contribute, I benefit so much from being a part of this forum! I would never be able to know nearly as much about the Bears and football in general if it were not for this board, many members here are knowledgeable and helpful and I learn a great deal from reading the posts! Keep on making this board a great one, thanks to all!

    • 12 replies
    • 2.1k views
  4. Started by dawhizz,

    Trade #11 & #206 to Bills for #19, #80 (3rd), #117 (4th), and a 3rd next year. Bills, who got two comp picks, move up to draft Shaq Lawson and fill a desperate need for a pass-rushing DE. I don’t love the value for the Bears at #11. I don’t think Stanley or Buckner falls. I want a CB, but Hargreaves and Alexander don’t fit the Fangio DB model. Robinson makes sense, but in a deep DL draft you can get similar value in the 2nd, I think, and the other good pass-rushers seem more like 4-3 DEs. I’m warming to the idea of Elliott, but I think he goes before this. I’d consider QB, but I’m personally not enamored with this class at the top. So I trade down and get some…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.1k views
  5. With us on the new server and new software - please let us know how it is working. If you are running into any issues let us know. My immediate reaction is wow is this site running fast. I also recognize we will have some hiccups as the dns propagates.

  6. Started by Pixote,

    This to me is a bigger concern, more important to the Bears success this year, than David Hester trying to strike it rich. I will be looking more at this and the development of the offense as a result than David "I am mad and I want my money now" Hester. Bears' season on the line

    • 5 replies
    • 2.1k views
  7. Started by adam,

    I don't know how I missed this, but there have been multiple reports about Cohen not looking very good: June 16th and July 9th. Both reports say he was walking stiff, etc. He tore his ACL in late September, so we are 9 months post injury/surgery. From reading articles, that is about the time most athletes come back from the injury. With less than 2 months until the season, there is a chance he may not be ready Week 1. Something to monitor, because Cohen's entire game revolves around his ability to change direction and his lateral quickness. If he can't do that as well, his value drops to almost zero.

    • 19 replies
    • 2.1k views
  8. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    2. Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma ---I love this guy. For some reason, I think he'd fit in well here. 3. Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconsin ---A DE for Marinelli to toy with. 4. Sebastian Vollmer, OT, Houston ---Pace is old and often injured, and who knows about Williams. OT is still a ened. 5. Chip Vaughn, S, Wake Forest ---S depth to go with Earl, Bowman, Manning, Steltz, and Bullocks. 5. Coye Francies, CB, San Jose State ---Walterfootball and I agree- this guy has so much pure talent it's ridiculous. 6. Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse ---Best FB in the draft, IMO. 7. Jeremy Childs, WR, Boise State ---WR depth. 7. John Gill, DT, Northwestern ---…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.1k views
  9. Started by nfoligno,

    Okay, I am sure many have read about this by now, but it is being reported that we (Bears) are playing some games w/ the media. Sunday nights game is on NBC, and it appears standard operating procedure is for Bob Costas to interview numerous players/ personnel from each team. Well, the bears refused to have anyone appear for Costas, and NBC was forced to use some local media guys to give insight leading up to the game. There are going to be a couple trains of thought. Some will say, "who cares. Its about what happens on the field, not off." To an extent, I can understand this belief. But more and more, I just disagree. We have all heard the phrase "percep…

  10. Started by AZ54,

    For those who believe Pace will shy away from players with an injury history early in the draft, keep in mind that Jonathan Allen has had at least two shoulder surgeries and it's rumored there was a 3rd surgery that was not reported. Medical checks at the combine will be very key for his draft status and this is certainly a concern for a DT who is a little bit undersized. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2686747...de-in-nfl-draft

    • 11 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. Started by OmahaBear,

    looks like we need a mulligan on this game...

  12. Angelo has given us poor offensive line, 2nd class wr, d-line that is ineffective and bad drafts with Tommie and tank. Etc etc . Lovie lost the team with these ridiculous performances. Lovie tolerates turners poor performance. I think it's just better, especially with a franchise quarterback, to start fresh. New gm, new coach , new scouts, new assistant coaches. If Phillips was a real team president he should go too, but he is just a figure head.

  13. Started by Stinger226,

    CBS sportsline listed a writers top 100, so (without cheating) can you name the 4? Honestly I would have missed one of them, but got the other 3.

    • 12 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    Wouldn't it be nice??? Bears 1985 I especially like the Payton part in the middle...truly poetry in motion and the part when Covert is planting LT. The Bears of 2008 could so much be like these guys. Singletary = Urlacher Wilson = Briggs Dent = Ogunleye/A. Brown McMichael = Dvoracek Fencik = M. Brown Frazier = Tillman Suhey = McKie Hilgenburg = Kreutz Butler = Gould McMahon = Orton (a bit of a stretch??) Payton = Forte (I know, a REAL stretch and blasphemy..but similar no?) The others the 2008 team needs; Hampton, Gault, Van Horne, Covert, Marshall, Bortz, Perry, Thayer and especially Ditka. A swift kick wouldn't h…

  15. Started by AZ54,

    Seeing as JA loves to grab off the chart DBs here's a guy who might be on his radar if we don't go FS in Rd 2. I'm sure many would be thrilled to have another drafted player changing position if he comes to the Bears. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ati8...o&type=lgns FS DeAngelo Willingham, Tennessee (5-11, 217) No prospect in this year’s draft class has endured the type of roller-coaster ride that Willingham has been on since September. He started the year as a mid-round cornerback prospect and was ranked by Blesto and National scouting services as a top-20 senior corner. Willingham’s knack for the big play and timely hit early in the 2008 sea…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.1k views
  16. Started by jason,

    Or should the Bears hold a press conference where numerous coaches, players, and analysts point out horrible he is BEFORE cutting him.

    • 14 replies
    • 2.1k views
  17. Started by madlithuanian,

    They are #23, Bears are at # 17... He can be had at the moment all else being equal. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...aiver-priority/ 1. Bills. 2. Panthers. 3. Cowboys. 4. 49ers. 5. Broncos. 6. Lions. 7. Vikings. 8. Bengals. 9. Browns. 10. Chargers. 11. Cardinals. 12. Jaguars. 13. Rams. 14. Raiders. 15. Redskins. 16. Seahawks. 17. Bears. 18. Dolphins. 19. Eagles. 20. Texans. 21. Packers. 22. Saints. 23. Titans

  18. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    As the honorary Alaskan Chapter President of the Rashied Davis fan club, I felt compelled to post this. Good work Rashied. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,0,735657.story

  19. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    Trade Briggs to the Giants for Osi Umenyiora. Trade Knox for a 5th. Extend Idonije, Urlacher, Graham, and Okoye. Cut Omiyale, Wootton, and Spaeth. Sign Robert Meachem, John Carlson (with a new OC, the Bears need an actual TE), and Kyle Orton. Franchise Forte. 1) Reily Reiff, LT, Iowa ---All of you know me as the guy who never wants OT's this high. However, there's a good chance the Bears will be in position to draft a future LT in round 1 rather than a guy later in round 1 who might be a RT. Reiff could actually play LT in the NFL. 2) Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa ---I didn't do this on purpose with 2 Iowa guys, but I love McNutt. He's a very good player. I…

  20. Started by CrackerDog,

    Guys, I think it's noteworthy that it seems like nobody "hates" Trestman. I think we're unified in believing it was time for him to go but there aren't any of the usual type of posts regarding his departure. I remember how much I hated Wanny at the end of his term and there were certainly Lovie haters when his time came. I guess it's mostly because we feel like he was a good guy who was in over his head and the venom belongs elsewhere, with those that put him in the role in the first place. Let's hope we don't have to fire our next coach for a LONG LONG time.

    • 5 replies
    • 2.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.