Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
Seems like this deserves its own thread as we enter the FA and draft season. If this is the direction Eberflus wants to go it's hard to say how much he can implement this offseason. https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/10/2/21497914/colts-scouting-journal-time-to-stop-calling-the-colts-a-cover-2-defense
-
- 7 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Caught this from the Sun Times Briggs' deal has protection for team after 2009 The Bears have never had issue with the performance Lance Briggs has provided on the field. Ultimately, it’s why general manager Jerry Angelo said at the combine that he did not have a problem investing in the three-time Pro Bowl linebacker long term as a core player after he earned more than $7.2 million last season with the franchise tag.... But they’ve also protected themselves in the future. Briggs’ $3.3 million roster bonus for 2010—the final roster bonus in the deal—does not come due until June 10 of that year. That’s three months after most roster bonuses are paid at or near …
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Since it was reported that the Bears are out of the race for the high priced Rolle who should we go after either Atogwe from the Rams, Clark from the Steelers or even Sharper from the Saints. Who would you pick for the upgrade?
-
- 11 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
-
Now that we know what the Bears roster will look like what are your expectations for the season. I will be surprised if they are less that 9-7. They have retooled their entire offense. Not one of their top four wide receivers and tight end were on the team last year. And they played in an offense that was stuck in the forty's. You bring back a defense that was a top ten with two new young players in Smith and Mack. A new head coach who is suppose to be cutting edge on not only scheme but also play calling. How does that not translate to four more wins? I know we're in a tough division but what do the Lions really have. And take away Rodgers and the Packers are b…
-
- 11 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
I hate the guy but those commercials are effing hilarious!
-
- 2 replies
- 1k views
-
-
-
All this information, I have come up with a new plan. Instead of the big score, lets add several smaller contracts. Jeremy Mincey/DE/6-3 270-57 tackles-8 sacks-1 intec-2 knockdowns-4 FF and he is only 26. Tracy Porter/CB- with all the contracts NOs has to worry about, he could be gotten for a song and a definite upgrade for us. Laurent Robinson- at 26 could be turning into a #1 with 11 TDs in 54 recp. Eddie Royal- a cheap addition that could score big with Cutler. Jason Jones/DT-Tenn has some cap issues-last year as a DE he stuggled, but put him back at DT. Brilng back Graham,McGown,Stelz,Davis,Okoye Draft; #1 Adams/LT #2 Randle…
-
- 0 replies
- 735 views
-
-
There's a ton of skepticism going on, and I'm also a bit worried. However, there are some positives besides the spin the bears are putting on it... 1. Reporting to Teddy might be a blessing. Any GM worthwhile will see Teddy as a piss ant and do what he wants to do. It'll be like virtually having no boss. So, for a strong and smart GM, it could prove a blessing. 2. Stuck with Smith. Well, assuming it's truly locked...then after one season, he could be ousted potentially. Also, what if, Smith actually excels? What is a barrage of new talent makes all the difference? Smith isn't the worst coach. He's certainly not the best. But he might be good enough…
-
- 10 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
Whoever the Bears choose to run football operations, might have difficulty drafting in terms of taking players that fit a certain scheme. With Martz gone, I think offense will be easier. As for defense, if your the GM would you take guys specifically that fit the cover-2 or would you grab a player that would fit a more traditional style defense? Luckily our biggest needs are on the offensive side of the ball and thats were I would go heavy early. But if we fail to make the playoffs again next year, Lovie might just get shown the door and then we are stuck with players that might not excel in standard 3-4. Seems like we are back to square one when JA had to draft for J…
-
- 17 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62-zJzB-chA http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...avanaugh-video/ Last word on the Aaron Rodgers-Jan Cavanaugh video Posted by Mike Florio on January 17, 2011, 6:31 PM EST When we posted on Sunday the item regarding video from WBAY-TV showing Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers breezing by a breast cancer patient hopeful that he’d sign her hat, we knew there would be a reaction. Packers fans, basking in the franchise’s biggest win since Brett Favre left town, have no interest in any criticism of their new green-and-golden boy. It’s obvious. It’s predictable. And we don’t blame them for being protective of their sta…
-
- 12 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...he-trade-block/ I wonder what it will take and if we have enough, but the possibility of getting a young starting quality guard should at least be looked at.
-
- 0 replies
- 795 views
-
-
What's your opinion on these designs? Apparently the NFL had an artist do a do over on helmets and uniforms going forward.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Hey Guys... Just stumbled upon this site. I cant believe I havent found this before lol... I'm a huge Bears fan (Like all of you), so I hope I can be a good active member here.. I'm a college student, so I will have some free time to post.. Plus I am the main Bears writer for Chicitysports.com (Check it out, lol)...
-
- 19 replies
- 4k views
-
-
-
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=...video_processed Jay's a pretty good actor! haha
-
- 8 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Bears have claimed K Robert Aguayo off of waiver from TB
-
- 21 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...acing-kickoffs/ I didn't like it when I first read it...but it's growing on me. hester's a better punt return guy anyway! (If we keep him!)
-
- 8 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
I was just reading the new kickoff rules for the 2024 season. At first glance, it is quite a change. However, I think it will accomplish the goal of making kickoffs once again a vital part of special teams instead of an afterthought. Here is a link to the story (and new rules) on NFL.com. (What do you guys think about the new rules?) NFL owners pass new hybrid kickoff rule at Annual League Meeting In summary, if the kickoff lands between the goal line and the twenty-yard line, it must be returned. However, the alignment of the players and the point of release are totally different. Special teams will have to spend a lot of time getting ready to take advanta…
-
- 20 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
While there was nothing spectacular on our KRs I did like the speed and vision Rashad Ross showed later in the game. He's in a tough spot after only joining the team on Sep 1st and just a few weeks later he's out there auditioning for a full-time role. I couldn't find much on him in terms of draft profile and I don't remember him as a standout at ASU. Looks like he ran a 4.34 forty at his pro day http://www.houseofsparky.com/2013/4/26/425...rashad-ross-asu "The fastest players on the day were wide receivers Rashad Ross and Jamal Miles, who ran 4.34 and 4.44 in the 40, respectively." I don't know if he's the answer but he appears to offer a bit more than Se…
-
- 1 reply
- 698 views
-