Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
Roster construction is all about bang for your buck. How can you squeeze the most out of the least while staying under the cap. At the end of the day, production has to match the pay in order to field a winning team. Based on 2020 cap hit and AV, here were the top 10 most productive players per dollar last year: David Montgomery Tashaun Gipson Bilal Nichols Darnell Mooney Jaylon Johnson Cairo Santos Brent Urban Barkevious Mingo Anthony Miller Roquan Smith The worst values were Skrine and Demetrius Harris, but interestingly enough the next 3 players that had cap hit over $1M and an AV below 10 were: Foles Fuller Graham The bi…
-
- 13 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
He does a very good job breaking down McPhee's game. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYzfVBuCfGz-oF3aOCGgO5g To reference Jason's post about concerns with Floyd keep in mind what you see McPhee cannot do (as compared to Von Miller in video) and what we know Floyd can do as he gets upfield quickly. Where Floyd will really need added strength is holding himself upright as he bends around the edge. I think that's the component of his game he'll have to work on the most.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
-
-
Per Rotoworld: I would actually really like this re-hire. Fewell was our DB's coach in 2005, and has been the DC in Buffalo since 2006. Like Rotoworld mentioned, having him focusing on the Secondary and Marinelli on the D-Line could make for a solid team of coaches.
-
- 48 replies
- 10.3k views
-
-
Through his representation the Milton Bradley Agency Lemonej would like to formerly apologize to Terra T for comments he made in regards to his Ronnie Knox post could there be any relation? It was not my intention to offend anyone and my personal frustration boiled over and I said somethings I shouldn't have said. Hopefully we have cleared the air and we can move on.This fans board and posters deserve to be treated with respect and in the future(going forward) I plan to refrain from wearing my sensitivity on my sleeve. Sincerly Eric "lemonej "Jacobs ps Though I did this tongue in cheek to make fun of myself I really do mean I'm sorry!
-
Adam, I'm hoping you can run with this for me... Pace: He has made some good picks and some duds, so let's focus on the trades. Shaheen is a solid bust. So we spend a second rounder and give up what to move up? Montgomery is solid, but unspectacular. We give a second rounder and what for him? Miller is another second rounder etc... Now, let's go to Mack; two firsts and what else? Trubisky... did I miss any. Can you add all of this up, because it seems like a draft and a half has been spent. Looking at our biggest needs right now. Assuming Trubisky is the starter and we didn't trade up. Who could we have drafted and would we have needed the Mack trade?…
-
- 12 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
None of us on here are pro scouts or work for a NFL team so we have to take our opinions as little valve in the scheme of things. The draft always intrigues me and spend a lot of time checking out draft sites, mock drafts,ect. and would have made different choices at every point of the draft, but it is like a hobby for me and not my job. I have liked what Emery has done in FAgency and will have to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how this draft class turns out. McCellin-I as well as others seen him in a OLB spot but that doenst mean he cant play DE in a down position, What I like, his name is easy to spell, football instincts, high motor, speed, foo…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I never realized how many players are free agents next year. My guess is that we'll see some mid season extensions to go against this years cap. That will leave additional money to make splashes, if needed. I'm not a cap guy, but it makes sense to my limited knowledge. Thoughts?
-
- 0 replies
- 730 views
-
-
Arthur Blank...Look at where the last 2 organizations that have hired big time college coaches who move along for the money have wound up...you and the Dolphins. STAY AWAY. He'll come up, lose for a year or two, and then be right back being worshipped by some big money college team in the SEC. And Carroll...you're out of your mind if you take that job, I don't care what the money says.
-
- 5 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44011 Capone: When you two were working together, did you feel like you were doing something rebellious or something that was feeding what they now call the “Counter Culture?” PF: Me and Roger? I had seen some of Roger’s films, once I knew that I was going to be interviewed [by Corman], I thought “Well I better check out some stuff.” I was impressed by what he was able to pull out from the core of zip and make something of substance. And I met him for a film that was untitled. I showed up looking really bizarre. I had a pair of glasses on that Brian Jones had given me, and they were kind of octagonal, but there was a mirror on the …
-
- 0 replies
- 968 views
-
-
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...tml?eref=sihpT1 How dare he predict we lose the Superbowl. I love the path he predictd we take to get there though!
-
- 13 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...qb.draft/1.html The three teams I didn't like: 1. Chicago. The Bears had 12 draft choices this year. No quarterback picked. Chicago had nine draft choices in 2007. No quarterback picked. Chicago had seven draft choices in 2006. Three years with a quarterback need, 28 draft choices, and never a passer picked. This isn't odd. It's negligent. The thing that drives me craziest about the draft is when you see a team with talent not doing enough to bolster the most important position on the field, over and over and over again. With Chad Henne, who absolutely should have been a first-rounder, and solid guy Brian Bro…
-
- 43 replies
- 14.5k views
-
-
Favre should NEVER play for the Bears, or the Vikings for that matter. Vomitous was the word he used. I completely agree. It's vomitous to consider the idea if you are a Packer fan losing Favre, or a Bears fan possibly gaining Favre. I know it's completely unrealistic, and will never happen, but it's mostly because Favre should be smart enough to know that playing for either the Bears or the Vikings would be a gut-punch to all his most loyal fans. With that said, have Bears fans become so desperate for a competent offense that they are willing to push aside decades of a heated rivalry, decades of genuine anger and hatred, to sign a guy who has continually rip…
-
- 16 replies
- 4.2k views
-
-
In his Monday Morning QB article which he runs every week, he gives his votes for the AP All Pro. He picks Cribbs over Hester for KR/PR. How the hell can he justify that??? 2. I think, as a sort of Fairness in Voting deal, I am going to list my ballot for the annual All-Pro Team that the Associated Press has 50 members do each year. The AP recommends we vote for a left and right tackle, strong and free safety, et cetera. My team, with comments where appropriate: Offense WR: Randy Moss, New England. T: Joe Thomas, Cleveland. Not that hard a pick. Played every snap, was better than Walter Jones, and was the biggest reason why a D-minus line in 2006 played li…
-
- 33 replies
- 11.6k views
-
-
I'm not a huge Peter King guy (his fantasy advice in particular usually stinks) but he does talk to a ton of people in football, so it seems worthwhile to see what he says about these guys. I find it particularly interesting that he sees Andre Woodson in the 4th-6th round. I know he's had a fall from grace, but that seems pretty silly to me. I also can't quite shake the possibility no one is talking about that Matt Ryan is there at 14. We've seen QBs fall in recent years, and in this case it would only take three teams passing (Miami, Atlanta, Baltimore, unless Carolina shocks and would take him) since no one behind us would trade up for him. http://sportsillustrated…
-
- 5 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Kenny Britt is flaky. Darrius Heyward-Bey's hands and route-running are suspect. Hakeem Nicks was overweight and not in great shape when the Ravens worked him out Friday. In other words, the receivers are a suspect group, and a few of them we thought would be picked in the first round are going in the second. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...20/draft/1.html Let 'em fall. The Bears will scoop 'em up...
-
- 8 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
http://img.ibtimes.com/www/articles/201109...-for-season.htm Very shady with his new rediculous deal. Sucks to see a guy hurt, but be nice to see the Colts suck
-
- 10 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
So got another "off the wall" scenario for you. WHAT IF Peyton was to decide to retire? Would he be worth considering as an OC? What about at least a QB coach? We know he's a student of the game. He has a few weeks to decide and is closing in on 40 (which makes him older than our GM by the way).
-
- 7 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
I thought this would be interesting to see where people think he is going based on the different situations. Do you think he should do a for-tv special like Lebron an donate proceeds?
-
- 21 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/...nfc-north-team/ 5 D players & graham short of a ST sweep
-
- 9 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/...-chicago-bears/ Pretty good read. Some interesting stats I was not aware of (Forte bad at pass blocking).
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
-