Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
After three games, it is clear to me that the OL unit rested on the laurels of last year. I'm not concerned because there has been steady improvement from week to week. Daniels will be fine at center once he gets his calls right. Leno looks he didn't work at all in camp, but is battling. Long looks very rusty, hopefully not washed up. My main thought is that Nagy had the entire offensive side of the team not ready for the start of the season. Looks like he's righting the ship weekly.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Cutler day to day with thumb sprain. Trevathan thumb surgery tomorrow. Does not sound like they are putting him on IR. Houston looks like he may be done for the year with a knee injury (I would say he is done as a Bear). Goldman - Ankle sprain, no break. Waiting on MRI. Staff is positive at this point. Amos and Callahan - Both on concussion protocol. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0920-story.html
-
- 8 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
The Bears HAVE to trade down, here's to hoping San Fran wants Vaccaro S or Allen WR. Bears get 1-31,3-74, and 4-128. 1-31 Alec Ogletree LB - Has the skills to cover a lot of field in the middle like #54. Needs some fine tuning but was always a top LB. 2-50 Arthur Brown LB - Why not rejuvinate the history of LB, Eventually takes Briggs spot. I'd trade back up w/ a 4th if have to. 3-74 Ryan Swope WR - Dangerous slot WR is what the Bears need between the beasts, he has speed to stretch also 4-117 Brian Schwenke C Cal - Quick, athletic and fits a zone blocking scheme. 4-131 David Bakhtiari G/T Col - undersized for T, but can play G and …
-
- 5 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Football is an entertainment business. Judging by the empty seats it is not entertaining and not a very good business. I heard estimates of 11k empty seats. Soldier field is the 5th most expensive stadium that has a fan index rate of $557.18 (4 tickets ((avg price)) two small beers, four hot dogs, program, and two adult caps). That means that there is roughly 2750 units that can be associated with that index. So with that loss last night the bears potentially lost over 1 million in ticket sales and revenue from vendors. Now I know a lot of those empty seats are from ticket holders. But this is a trend you don't want starting. Vendors feel it, restaurants and bars …
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...-of-real-value/ I can't believe he received 36 million with 26 guaranteed. I only mention this, because he's done very little throughout his career and it makes Cutler's deal seem like a steal.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Every year it amazes me how many rookies go unsigned into camp, and sometimes into the season. Looking at this year's list, there were a bunch of players that could've ended up on the Bears. Guys like Blackmon (if we traded up), Kendall Wright, DeCastro, and Poe from the first round come to mind. Some others like DeVier Posey and Trumaine Johnson from later rounds are also unsigned. What could you possibly be holding out for? You are basically slotted, and unless the team is under-cutting the slot, these should be easy deals. I love that fact that the Bears are great at getting rookie players to sign, sometimes the entire rookie class signs before some other…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Last chance at a roster spot everyone!
-
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I thought I'd throw a shout out to the veterans in the room with the title of this thread, although I know I'm mixing terminologies with the Hot Wash and SITREP meaning essentially the same thing. What can you expect from a Navy guy? Anyhow, I wanted to start a thread on overall post-season thoughts (sadly yes that's where we are) and most notably something I'm sincerely concerned about; where will Fangio end up next? I can only hope back in Chicago... I still love watching football and although the beloved are no longer in the mix as a fan of the sport, I'll still watch and cheer for a team (or two) that I think are deserving. For now my pick for this years …
-
- 9 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
My best draft memories were being on the old site when: 1. The debate when we drafted Ced Benson over Mike Williams when guys were so pissed they were ready to travel cross country to kill each other, and 2. The following year when we traded out of the 1st two take Hester & Manning. Some were ready to burn down Halas. The Super Bowl seemed to lighten everyone up. Everyone was happy with Olsen and then Williams the following year. Either way, it doesn't feel like a draft unless someone calls JA a dirty rotten worthless cock-sucker. I'll be in the chat room all night and tomorrow. (I'm continuing my Al Bundy vacation in the garage with the Bud L…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
There is a good chance that the Bears top 4 franchise receiving leaders are currently on the team. Johnny Morris is #1 in Receiving Yards with 5059. DJ would need 2.5 more years with his average numbers to surpass Morris as the franchise leader. Then you have Odunze, who as a first round pick will more than likely get a 2nd contract. If he gets one, and just say he puts up his rookie numbers annually, he would surpass Morris halfway thru Year 6. Then you have Loveland and Burden. Both have the highest pedigrees of Receivers that the Bears have drafted (besides Odunze lol) since Alshon (3rd in franchise). A wild note about Alshon, if he stayed with the Bears, he…
-
- 12 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/sports/...ngs-saints-game It is awful... Sounds like a bad Christmas song.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Bears | 10 on bubble to make team Comment (0) Wed, 02 Sep 2009 20:35:18 -0700 David Haugh, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears QB Brett Basanez, FB Jason S. Davis, TE Michael Gaines, WR Brandon Rideau, OL Cody Balogh, DT Matt Toeaina, DE Ervin Baldwin, LB Kevin Malast, CB Trumaine McBride and S Craig Steltz are on the bubble to make the team's final roster.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Up until he went on IR, Mitch Unrein was having a career year. In 12 games he had 1.5 sacks and 24 tackles. That's not a joke. That's his career year. Meanwhile, Hicks has 8 sacks, 38 tackles, and is a general terror on the field. The Bears need to upgrade Mitch Unrein more than they need to upgrade OLB. This is something I said last year. The same holds true. I think at this point I would prefer the Bears to start with a trade down then... 1. Mike McGlinchey, OT, ND - Could start LT or RT, whichever. 2. Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame - Great size and speed. #1 immediately. 2. Da'Shawn Hand, DE, Bama - He's got incredible strength and could be a s…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Like it or not, we added to our pass rush. We will all be gellin like McClellin soon I hope. But I like what round two can bring, the other big need, OT or Oline. One will be availale come #50 Cordy Glenn G Peter Konz C John Martin OT Mike Adams OT Bobby Massie OT Jeff Allen OT Mitchell Swartz OT I hope Emery's plan comes together like he planned and adding a potential starting OLT happens in RD2.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Offense: Overall Gase did a good job especially considering he had to work with a limited Alshon Jeffrey and Royal was out again. There are still gaps on the roster that need to be fixed but more on that later. Considering what he's working with on our Oline, WR, and the backup RBs (not that they were a problem) against a very fast defense he called a good game. He stuck with running the ball late when everyone knew it was coming. Cutler: Rarely did he have more than 2 seconds in the pocket before he had to avoid pressure. Despite all that he kept his cool and moved around well enough to extend some plays. Other times when it wasn't there he just folded…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I think Tremaine Edmunds is going to get cut soon. Whether we cut him or trade him, whether before or after June 1st, the result is the same. We will open up $15M in Salary Cap space. Of course I'd rather get something for him, even a 7th rounder, but if a team trades for him, they'll be on the hook for the $15M this year, and I don't see anyone paying him that much. It's possible if two (or more) teams want him AND can restructure him in a longer term deal to something more appropriate, then maybe we could get some value in trade, but I think it's much more likely that teams will just wait for us to cut him. There's no real benefit in waiting, and we …
-
- 26 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Really loving Terrance Brooks at FS. I think Donald is the pick at 14, assuming he's there. His instincts are top notch and fast as hell. Plus he's got the boom on his tackling. These two are day 1 starters and solidify the front and back of the D. Hopefully can find a decent LB to step in
-
- 10 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Steve Rosenbloom has kept his mouth shut since the bears seem to moving in great direction, Marrotti pulled this as well. Wonder if his thoughts are resign like Jayhole did or still stick his finger socket as soon as omething goes a little wrong. God i hate that guy.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Championship game next week do I start Manning at the Jets with the chance he gets rested or Ryan v Bufallo??
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
He does a very good job breaking down McPhee's game. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYzfVBuCfGz-oF3aOCGgO5g To reference Jason's post about concerns with Floyd keep in mind what you see McPhee cannot do (as compared to Von Miller in video) and what we know Floyd can do as he gets upfield quickly. Where Floyd will really need added strength is holding himself upright as he bends around the edge. I think that's the component of his game he'll have to work on the most.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
-