Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
From the Audibles section which is supposedly a collection of quips from various coaches, scouts, and front office personnel speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Tommie Harris used to be one of the quickest defensive tackles in football. Now he is not quick and he has lost his strength. It's not a good combination. When he is caught - and he gets caught a lot more than he used to - he often gets buried, like he did against (Eagles OLT) Jason Peters." So, we're not the only ones who have noticed?
-
- 4 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
http://www.nootsnotes.com/2009/12/07/noots...-over-st-louis/
-
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
One of the first thoughts I have is the way Allen abused Pace the last time we played, and regardless how often that happened, we continued to play Pace man-to-man against Allen, w/o giving him any help. Well, we now have Williams on the left side, and I just hope we do not make the same mistake. Every team that faces Minny uses a 2nd blocker on Allen. Allen will crush Williams if we don't give him help, and that could end up being the sort of game that shatters a young mans confidence, not to mention Cutlers neck. We need to really focus on Allen and give Williams plenty of help. With Wale out, I wonder who gets his snaps. Adams? Anderson? Idonije? Frankly…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
Looks like not all our former players aren't all that!
-
- 4 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Same site; this time just select By Team http://www.profootballfocus.com/cstats.php...e=a&stats=o Kreutz is rated far and away as our best Oline. Garza is right behind him. Chris Williams and Orlando Pace are rated so poorly on pass protection it's embarrassing. Pace run blocking rating at -9.0 has to make you wonder why the staff didn't make a move to Shaffer sooner and move Williams back to his more natural left side. Then again, this is Lovie we're talking about so no need to wonder. If you look at OT performance overall Pace ranks and 74th out of 76. Ouch. (Minn OTs aren't rated that highly either, Arizona's are way down there too) It's …
-
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
ints were Rex Cutler's fault according to Jaws. it will be interesting to see what excuse some will give Rex's pick tonight
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
with a rib injury. Hopefully he will be ok. Peace
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I was not able to see the game last night, but from what I have read so far, the Bears resurrection is of biblical proportion. Anyone else wondering how a team that has looked flat and downright incompetent can suddenly look so good on Monday night against a strong Vikings team?
-
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
http://www.nootsnotes.com/2009/12/29/noots...in-against-min/
-
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
3. Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois ---This guy is an absolute beast. I'm praying he falls here. Everytime I watch Illinois, the whole OL gets toasted except him. 4. Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina ---Steltz looked OK but Afalava is a SS and we need a true FS. Williams is a steal this late. 5. Austen Lane, DE, Murray State ---Through November 19, this guy had 11 sacks on the year. This late, he's worth a try. We all know JA loves small school guys (Abilene Christian). 6. Dennis Landholt, OT, Penn State ---More OL depth. 7. Shawn Estes, C, Hawaii ---Kreutz is starting to wear down, and I'm afraid we've already molded Beekman to be an OG. Estes is a true C. …
-
On the Chicago Bears website there is the article entitled "Reason to celebrate". In the pick is Cutler, R Davis, and ???? The third guy I can not see but only a part of his number. Looking at the roster and trying to figure out what number his jersey is I am at a loss. He is one huge & homely guy, LOL. Kinda guy who would star as the "horror" in a b horror flick.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
I was considering the impact the ads and billboard might have on the McCaskey's potential decision to make changes to the team's management. Specifically, I wondered what else could be done to influence a change. As a born and bred Chicagoan and a fan of all of the city's teams I thought of changes our other teams have made and tried to make comparisons to the scenario facing the Bears. I think a good comparison could be made to the Blackhawks. Outside of the mild successes enjoyed during the tenures of Orval Tessier and Mike Keenan, this team has been mired in poor performances over the last twenty years. While Dollar Bill Wirtz was alive ,the team, to its own detri…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
At the end of the game Monday night, I was on the computer when Favre threw the TD to Rice. I walked into the living room and told my wife that I expected the Bears to lose and was at least happy they put up a great game. Further, I said that was a hell of a pass by Favre. My wife said, and I will paraphrase "I don't want to hear it. I want them to lose because of him". Got to love it!!! FYI - I hate Favre as well but respect him as a player. Peace
-
- 4 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
-
http://www.nootsnotes.com/2010/01/04/noots...win-at-detroit/
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
What is interesting to me is that the offense's poor showing has overshadowed a crappy defense. If we are talking about firing the offensive coordinator, we could call for the same dismissal of the defensive coordinator...wait... he's our head coach. Check this quote from Pro Football Weekly, when they posted today a ranking of defensive coordinators (this is a scout's take): "22. Lovie Smith (head coach) / Bears — Though Bob Babich maintained his defensive-coordinator title to coach the linebackers, Smith coordinates the defense, with great help from D-line coach/assistant head coach Rod Marinelli. Personnel utilization and an inability to maximize talent ha…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4797682 Peace
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4814933 Sources: Carroll taking Bates, NortonComment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services Pete Carroll has resigned as the football coach of the USC Trojans, the Los Angeles Daily News reported Sunday. Carroll has reached an agreement in principle with the Seattle Seahawks on a deal to be their next head coach, multiple NFL sources confirmed to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter early Saturday morning. Seahawks chief executive officer Tod Leiweke was in Los Angeles on Sunday to finalize the deal, the Los Angeles Times reported. NFC West blog ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC Wes…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
-
It was brought up that apparently the last time Tennessee was looking for a head coach that Tennessee had attempted to get Lovie Smith at that time which was roughly fourteen months ago. With Lane Kiffin's bolting to USC, Tennessee is looking for a new head coach once again. Here is the link from the article on the trib's website: http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...ovie-smith.html Personally I think that would be a good thing considering all that has transpired for the last year and one half and the fact that all the projected OCs and DCs are not coming into what is apparently being interpreted as a lame duck situation in Chicago with the win or else dema…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
-