Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
Take it FWIW, but McShay has the Bears taking Hightower at 19 OVER Coples who goes #20. McShay states in the opening paragraph he based his final picks on talking to scouts/personel around the league.....for him to predict Hightower over Coples to the Bears is surprising. I will say this- I want Emery to draft who he wants and not who Lovie/Tice/Marinelli want. If he feels Hightower can be Urlacher's eventual successor then let Emery do his job and make that pick.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
This is interesting. At a minimum it will generate the usual comments about how PFF scores don't always match performance. Nonetheless there is Trubisky sitting right alongside Watson and Mahomes (in a very small sample size) not far above. https://twitter.com/PFF/status/950778207325...com%2Fnfl-draft Myles Garrett will be stud. QB is still the more valuable position. The geniuses in SF can't possibly be happy with Solomon Thomas. I still think he'll be a good player and as a fan of his in the draft expected better play from him. That's close to being a bust in the top 5. Reuben Foster makes up for it late in the 1st Rd. Jabril Peppers pla…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I personally think AROB is a top 5 or 6 best WRs in the league. Having said that, for the 18.6 mil it will take just to tag him this year should we? How about sign a Cory Davis made 6 mil last year, ( maybe 10 m) and Curtis Samuel who made 1.6 last year (6 mil contract for this year) and throw in a Phillip Dorsett 1.2 mil this year (3 mil contract). None are as good as AROB but gives us a upgraded WR room, for almost the same money. That way we can concentrate on upgrading the OL and a QB prospect in the draft.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Sounds like Goldman might be out of shape or retiring or something, he didnt show for mandatory minicamp after sitting out the year last year. It doesnt sound like a contract dispute the way Nagy talked about it. People were very forgiving that he chose to sit out the season last year - I always thought it showed a lack of heart for the game and the team. Also, if he's pulling this crap, it would have been decent of him to give us a heads up before the draft. He is currently on my crap list.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/...an-support.html
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...ckout/#comments
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/15/...jones/#comments DGB says: July 15th, 2008 at 2:30 pm As a Lions fan this only assures me that KJ will get fully healthy, come back stronger than ever, and royally stick it to Detroit. Good times to come… ugh.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
also heard they are sitting earl bennet? some strange end of season moves.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
DB evaluating isn't my area of "expertise" but we need em, so I think we need a thread about em. Justin Gilbert ran the fastest 40 at 4.37, he's 6 foot even but has some of the longest arms in the draft at 33 1/8, only Keith McGill has longer at 33 1/4. If the Bears fill out their DL in FA Gilbert looks like he could he has the length and speed to hang. Announcers are raving about him. Darqueeze Denards measueables don't look that great, an inch shorter than Gilbert and his arms are 3 inches shorter. He ran a 4.51, which announcers say was good enough.I loved him early on, for the most part just because a nickname like "Mr. No Fly Zone" makes it sound like you'r…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Willie Young is tied for second with three sacks so far. Conte and Fuller are tied for first with two ints each Cutler is tied for second with 6 TD passes with P.Manning
-
- 7 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Chicago Bears Round 1 (3): Jamal Adams, S, LSU Round 2 (36): Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama Round 3 (67): Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson The Bears' secondary still needs a lot of work, but the good news for Chicago fans is that this draft is ripe with playmakers in the defensive backfield. Adams is the most complete DB in the class and one of the best safety prospects I've evaluated in recent years. He can cover the slot or patrol the deep half, and he's an elite run defender. I'm not as high on Humphrey as others, but he has a very high ceiling because of his size (6-foot, 197) and fluidity in coverage. Watkins is capable of developing into a three-down player i…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Because of a previous discussion on this board, I thought about analyzing only the OL during an entire game. It took a second to train my eyes to only watch the OL, and even then it was difficult a few times, but the focus was there 99.9% of the time. I realize everything is subjective in this regard (i.e. scheme, blitzes, pickup responsibilities, etc.) but I tried to focus on what the jobs of the OLinemen were. For instance, in the 17th offensive play in the first half Bell had a great rush pickup; the fact that the defensive player got in without being sniffed is a negative on the OL. I realize this is not always accurate because in some alignments the OL is not res…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Lions | Cliff Avril receives franchise tag Mon, 05 Mar 2012 08:19:53 -0800 The Detroit Lions have placed the franchise tag on impending free-agent DL Cliff Avril, according to a league source. Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1oGHcAAit
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I imagine he's lost a lot...But the Colts got Landry, so they dropped Zib. I liked him a while back, but I'm not sure how I feel now.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Our desire to get rid of Alex Brown was a suprirse. IMO this is purely money driven. I'm wondering if there's anybody else we're not thrilled with we'd consider dumping to save money. Here's a few that pop to mind: Olin Kreutz--His play has dropped off, he's getting old, and he's making good money. We've talked about Beekman could play. (although we'd need another guard) Devin Hester--He's making one helluva a lot of money to be a mediocre receive & mediocre punt-returner. He's a bad route runner which makes him a liability for Martz. He's been a bad return man for 2 consecutive years. Tommie Harris--He needs to look impressive during TC. The y…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
If the typical 5 technique is 6 foot 5 and 300 lb I can't see currently on our roster who plays this. Can Goldman drop 30lb and be quicker, can Lamar Houston play this position but may be bit short. Mitch Unrein has this size but shouldn't start for us. Who is available in the draft because it doesn't like my wish is going to happen that we trade for Wilkerson.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
He was released and appears to be an absolute locker room treasure. And that's on top of being a damn fine fit for the 3-4. His stats drop off is directly related to the move to a 4-3. He could be a great mid-range guy. Of course, OLB is about the last position of need, so there is that.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/be...for_left_g.html Peace
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
Now that we've all had some time to research/obsess about the draft, I always like to get feedback on guys people really like or really don't like. It can be for the Bears specifically or just in general. Who's the late round guy you are pounding the table for? Who's on your bust list? Can we have a thread that doesn't devolve into a Caleb Williams cat fight? These are all questions I want answers to. MY GUYS: - Brian Thomas, WR, LSU - I've said it before, but he looks like George Pickens if Pickens could get separation. - Jamari Thrash, WR, Louisville - I like that he can play both inside and outside, isn't afraid to go over the middle, has speed, and…
-
- 10 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/ I chose Halas, Ditka, Butkus & Payton....so many other worthy choices.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-