Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Noots,

    http://www.nootsnotes.com/2010/12/11/injur...and-at-chicago/

  2. Started by adam,

    Fields' stats really got pounded by his rookie year with Nagy. That has skewed a lot of his career numbers and brought him down to Blaine Gabbert levels, when he should not even be used in the same sentence as Gabbert. There are several comps for Fields, but some easy ones are when Year 3 QBs get their true WR1s. In these cases, you can see the meteoric jump in stats. To make it easy, I just used QBR, which uses a collection of the normal stats to come up with one number. As you can see below, Josh Allen was a league average QB before Diggs arrived, Hurts was slightly above average before he got Brown, and Tua was slightly above league average before Hill came to to…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. Started by 50england50,

    Tashaun Gipson is the free agent I was hoping to resign. I thought he played well last year considering Eddie Jackson lacklustre play. Another year of familiarity with the Bears and playing for a good contract I hope he plays great and gets rewarded by the Bears. I now feel that safety isn’t a need and Pace can draft best player available or trade up to get a QB prospect. I hope it’s the former and my ideal scenario is trade back in the first to a desperate team and pick up another 2nd. I wouldn’t be against giving up next years first for a high 2nd and another pick or 2. I would love to come away with 2 OT’s, a developmental QB, a CB and TE with these picks m…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    -The WR's/TE's can't catch. Marshall had 2 drops today as did Kellen Davis. Hester and Jeffery EACH dropped a TD. -Cutler didn't play well although drops never help. -Even though the OL is playing alright, they had a hold and then a false start on the one drive after Forte had a long run + a personal foul. -Forte had 85 yards on 13 carries. Only 13 carries? Why even sign him to an extension then?

  5. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    Where do I get one? Figure if you guys don't know there is still time to ask Santa. http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/18376...grater-headgear

  6. Started by BearFan2000,

    We had our fantasy league draft yesterday, 10 team PPR 16 round draft. I drafted 4th Start - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 Def/st, 1 Kicker, 7 bench spots. Below is my full draft, current starters for week 1 are in bold. What do you think? I like my backs, I think I'm a little weak on WR and TE. QBs went early so I ended up taking Kapernick, but the early rush on QB allowed me to nab Forte in the second. I'm considering trading James Jones, DeSean Jackson or maybe even Cobb and or a RB to upgrade either WR or TE. All in all I feel like it's a solid team. Far better than last years draft. QB1 - Colin Kaepernick vs GB QB2 - Cutler vs Cincy …

  7. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://www.chicagobears.com/news/chalk-tal...cc-2f344c226106 The Bears assigned numbers to their rookies on Thursday and first-round pick Leonard Floyd was given No. 94. Here are the numbers the other draft picks were given: Guard Cody Whitehair (65), defensive end Jonathan Bullard (69), linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski (44), safety Deon Bush (26), cornerback Deiondre' Hall (32d), running back Jordan Howard (24o), safety DeAndre Houston-Carson (36) and receiver Daniel Braverman (83). From what I understand, Floyd’s No. 94 is pretty much set in stone. But the other rookies could change their numbers after the 53-man roster is set the week leading into the regular-season ope…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Started by Stinger226,

    Taylor Boggs/OC was signed today, which means Whitehair is moving to a OT spot or, Grasu backup spot is in jeopardy . Also Jaye Howard a 5T that was cut my KC a few weeks ago, visited the Bears today. I would say if healthy, we have another new Bear.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Started by madlithuanian,

    Welcome to NY kiddo!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. Started by Connorbear,

    Houston has 4 sacks since returning at the beginning of the month. Do we try to sign him for next year? Given the issues we've had at OLB, he seems like a good option. Peace

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. Started by Mongo3451,

    We saw some good things Monday night with our offense dominating in yards, points and TOP. When Ryan Poles told the coaching staff that it was time to access what we do best, I believe the time was right. While the outcome is something we've been looking for, it's not the model for our future success. Current success dictates that we use Justin as a weapon on the ground. While running QB's might win an MVP, none have won the Super Bowl. While Justin can have success being Lamar or Cam, his ultimate success would be Steve Young or Josh Allen. I simply don't think it's sustainable. Also, as much as I love a good run game with a back like Henry, they ain't going a…

  12. Started by Noots,

    http://www.nootsnotes.com/2010/12/06/noots...win-at-detroit/

  13. Started by Wesson44,

    At 6-3 202lbs and running a 4.4-4.5 we need him I think What do you think Three-year starter who established himself as one of the finest receivers in UNM and Mountain West Conference history...earned first team all-MWC honors as a junior and senior to become one of just three Lobo WRs to earn first team all-conference honors twice in a career, joining Terance Mathis (1986-87, `89 WAC) and Preston Dennard (1974, `76 WAC)...a complete wide receiver who was smart, polished, ran great routes and became a very sure-handed pass catcher...excellent "football" speed, running as well in pads as he did without...a tough, aggressive player who was not afraid to go across the …

  14. Started by Wesson44,

    Rejoining Smith with Bears the perfect situation for Marinelli By: Larry Mayer | Last Updated: 1/16/2009 4:07 PM LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Rod Marinelli leans forward in his chair, remote in hand, staring intently at a big-screen television in his Halas Hall office while breaking down tape of the Bears defensive line. Spend a few minutes talking to the team’s new defensive line coach and assistant head coach and it’s clear that there’s no place he’d rather be. Marinelli interviewed with the Seahawks and Texans but couldn’t pass up the chance to work with Lovie Smith in a defensive system they learned together in Tampa Bay a decade ago. Rod Marinelli bring…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. Started by flea,

    Dear god it actually looks like I get a win. :D

  16. Started by madlithuanian,

    ...need I say more.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  17. with no GM in place: a good or bad choice, i don't know. here ya go... "Report: Bears Have No Interest In Rex Ryan Former Jets coach Rex Ryan is not among one of the coaches the Bears are interested in interviewing, per a report from ProFootballTalk.com." http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/01/03/rep...st-in-rex-ryan/ we would consider quinn a DC who has never been a HC and no offensive anything experience over ryan a defensive minded coach who has been a HC in the NFL. where is the logic in this? go figure.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  18. Started by bradjock,

    While there's the immediate notion that Rosenass clients are "waiting it out," don't forget that Dez Clark is a Rosenass client and he was able to get a deal done today. That means the other 3 are definitely waiting until free agency. To me it seems incredibly likely we'll lose all three. Brendon Ayanbadejo--He told the Sun Times he was happy as hell in the pro-bowl to actually get to play linebacker again & he knows he won't have this opportunity with the Bears. He sounded disgruntled the Bears never gave him an opportunity to move off of special teams. This reminds me of when Dante Wesley signed with the Bears because he wanted to the chance to play cornerb…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  19. Must-Read Article with Urlacher Quotes One of the better articles I have read with quotes from Urlacher. Let's face it, he has never been a good interview, he will never be a color analyst on Fox, or teach Speech at a college. However, he comes off excellent in this piece.

  20. Started by jason,

    Don't shoot the messenger. http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/20/s...hrough-2-weeks/ Interesting that Whitehair, Sitton, and Massie are well below average. Having said all that, it is PFF, so The team needs Long on the field. And the offense desperately needs two tackles. I'd be willing to be Leno isn't much above the others.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.