Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Grouchy Bear,

    Heistand on his guys. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5919

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. Started by Grouchy Bear,

    Somebody might have already brought linked here already but just in case, Grouchy is keeping his eye out. http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?id=0...mp;confirm=true

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. Started by defiantgiant,

    Per the Bears' website, Earl Bennett is changing his number from 85 to 80. Apparently he wanted to go back to his college number (10) but the NFL won't let you switch from an 80-89 number to a 10-19 number. Seems like a dumb rule to me. However, he's now got 80, Berrian's old number. The superstitious part of me thinks that could be a good thing. The article also lists the new rookies' numbers, and there are a couple of other familiar ones: Earl Bennett: 80 (Bernard Berrian) Al Afalava: 46 (Chris Harris, Doug Plank) Mike Rivera: 59 (Rosevelt Colvin, Ron Rivera) Derek Kinder: 83 (Willie Gault) D.J. Moore: 30 (Mike Brown) ...then again, Rashied Da…

    • 10 replies
    • 3.5k views
  4. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/...tryout-players/

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Started by Connorbear,

    Not sure how many of you know I am now the lead sports reporter for The Woodstock Independent and the Harvard Main Line two local papers in McHenry County. I have been in the job since August of last year. After the Packers beat the Bears and were headed to the Superbowl, once of our young stringers at the paper contacted the office and asked if he could try to get a press pass for the Superbowl to cover Bryan Bulaga from the Packers (Bulaga went to Marian Central in Woodstock). We told him yes, wished him luck, and thought there was no way he would get one. Later that week, he called to say after 30 plus calls and several emails he had succeeded. His pass a…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. Started by Pixote,

    I loved this bit from the Daily Herald, actually got a good laugh out of it to start my day. Some NFL Predictions to make you laugh or cry

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
  7. Started by nfoligno,

    From the Sun Times, Brown was due to get $500k base this year, but that just went up to $5m. The report says he also gets another $5m up front, which could be a signing bonus or roster bonus. Unknown at this time. He was also due a $600k (other bonus). He also still had (I think) around $1m due in bonus allocation from his original signing bonus. If it was a SB, then his cap hit jumps up to around $8.5m. If it was a roster bonus, his cap hit jumps to around $11m. Both of these are not counting the $600k "other bonus". This is pretty significant, as Brown was due to hit our cap for around $2m, but will now cost better than 4 or 5 times…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
  8. Started by GrizzlyBear,

    I believe We keep 3 Qbs. I beleive Steltz is kept over Bullocks at safety I believe Iglesias assured his staying I beleive Rideau did not show enough to stay I believe Davis Did not show enough to stay I beleive with Jones departure AP sticks and Jones is released I beleive McGlover stays on the Bears With all that here is my 53 QB: Cutler, Hanie , Basanez RB: Forte Wolfe AP, Mckie OL: Kruetz, Omalyie, Garza, Pace, Williams, Schaffer, Buenning, Beekman Wr: Bennett, Hester, DA, Iglesias , Knox, Toss a coin for Davis and Rideau DL: Harris, Brown, Oly, Anderson. Harrison, Adams, Idonije, Toeaina, Gilbert LB: …

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. Started by Wesson44,

    http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune.com/c...-camp-20140516/ Must say we are looking good!!!

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. Started by jason,

    I think this is a clear indication of how badly the Bears' coaches have done. Actually, nevermind, it's only the tip of the iceberg. Bears coaches near bottom of league

  11. Started by defiantgiant,

    The Sun-Times just posted some other notes from Bears OTAs. In the secondary, Woodny Turenne apparently looked good (you can see him doing drills in the rookie minicamp video, he's wearing #47) and Zack Bowman is back at corner. Apparently the move to FS was just a depth thing, like Idonije playing tackle since Harris and Harrison are out. The thing I found most interesting is this note about the offensive line: "Here is how the second team offensive line stacked up--LT Cody Balogh, LG Frank Omiyale, C Tyler Reed, RG Dan Buenning, RT Kevin Shaffer. Buenning worked in practice as a backup center for most of the second half of last season. Offensive coordinator …

    • 24 replies
    • 5.3k views
  12. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    In the locker room, as per Michael C. Wright. I am sure we will find out soon. I wonder if it is players or coaches or both.

    • 21 replies
    • 2.9k views
  13. Started by NAMEDSONPAYTON2,

    Our Defense has been good/great for awhile, the difference this year is Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jefferies. They have been helping us with first downs/time of possesion, which helps out the defense able to rest more. Boy did I hate the last 10 years when the offence kept getting 3 and outs and watching the defense get up off the bench like " Man can we get a little more rest"? Last night when Tillman got the pass interferance call in the endzone I thought, and still believe Urlacher tipped the ball and was shocked that lovie or the announcers did not notice this. If anybody taped the game please look at that play and let me know what you think. Also Suh's tackle o…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://www.chicagobears.com/photos/

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. Started by nfoligno,

    Okay, w/ all the negative criticism, I wanted to mention a few players I thought had a pretty good game. You know how I am a glass half full guy and can't stand all this pessimism Offense Forte - Lets start w/ the obvious. I thought this may have been his best game. Sure, he may have had others w/ better stats, but they were against cream puff defenses. Here, he faced an elite defense, and had a solid day rushing, and a great day receiving. That TD catch was a freaking thing of beauty. OL in general, but Beekman and Kreutz specific. Sure, Rex faced pressure, but there were many downs he seemed to have plenty of time. Add to that how we were able to …

  16. Started by Connorbear,

    - The block by Beekman on Forte's TD run - a thing of beauty. Beekman has really suprised me. - The swing pass to Olsen that broke for about 25 yds. Great play call and execution. - The catch by Booker. Best I have seen by a Bears receiver in yrs. - The sideline pass by Orton to Davis for 34. May be the best pass that Orton has thrown this yr. - LaRocque getting a special teams tackle (I think his 1st as a Bear). Welcome to the NFL kid. Kudos to the entire team for an outstanding job of executing today. Here's hoping Nick Roach injury is not going to keep him out long. Peace

    • 6 replies
    • 2.2k views
  17. Started by tshanno,

    Its been a while since I posted here. I htought I'd throw up the latest blog entry for comment. I'm sorry to say that is looks like you'll have to go to the website for the links. If I get time I'll start posting them here on a more regular basis. Tom S. -- http://chicagobearsfanforum.com/blog/?p=240 The Bears and the NFC North * Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune points out that the Bears took DT Marcus Harrison one spot ahead of where the Packers were going to take him in the third round. Pompei goes on to say that with Harrison’s off field problems this could be a blessing or a curse. Here’s hoping Harrison doesn’t own a boat. * Receiver …

    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  18. Started by AZ54,

    Much focus is put on the Glennon show but there were a couple good things in the Tampa game. Eddie Jackson...still a rookie and still learning but he looks like a long term starter for us. On more than one occasion he ended up arriving at the WR with the ball. Given our CBs were Cooper and Fuller I was worried about DeSean Jackson having a big day. That didn't happen and I think Jackson was a big part of that. He made a great TFL in the 2nd half. Overall he finished as our leading tackler. Kyle Fuller... through two games against two very good offenses Fuller has been good. Not great but good, and I'm one who wanted him off the team. He's been good en…

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  19. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/1...dly-reader.html

  20. Started by Grouchy Bear,

    First, I don't know what to make of what was said at the press conferences with Angelo and Lovie after our last game. Also later thru newspaper and radio interviews. Plus toss in with Turner chiming in with his views. Does it sound like their all on the same page? I must admit Lovie has some big cajunas to come out and say he will be more of HC/DC, Babich DC/LB , hiring Marinelli DL/assistant HC and Hoke DB. If this does not workout next season ( which I pray it does work ) even with or without some help from FA's or within the Bears Org. lovie is putting his head on the block. I would consider the minimum would be a top 10 Defense a success. On offense,…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.