Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by jason,

    I'm looking for the video of Robbie Gould's horrible miss in 2005 vs. the Niners. Recall that it was the windiest game in NFL history, and he hit one that seemed to be 20-30 yards wide right. That was also the game Vasher returned the missed FG for 108yds. I need to show it to a coworker who is a Packer fan who swears that a game couldn't get windier than last Sunday.

  2. Bears move fan convention to Soldier Field, push back to June The Bears are moving the site of their annual fan convention to Soldier Field. The event, which was a sellout last spring for the first time, had been held at the Hilton and Towers since its inception. Now, the franchise will have more time to put a disappointing season behind before the rah-rah for the 2008 campaign begins. The team said there will be more room for events at the stadium. The event, which typically was held in March or early April, has been pushed back to June 7-8. This should make it easier for the organization to attract players on the current roster to the event. This …

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  3. Started by kledanhoj,

    Wow, lot's of familiar names here. I wasn't feeling it at that other place.. Good to see everyone....

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  4. Started by adam,

    Everyone knows how bad our offense was this year, but looking at the numbers, our defense fell off just as much from 2006. They were worse against the pass by 37 yds/g, worse against the run by 23 yds/g, had 2 less Defensive TDs, and were worse in every major defensive category other than sacks: > 06 - 07 INT 24 - 16 FF 23 - 20 PD 85 - 64 SK 40 - 41 Losing 11 Turnovers is huge for this team. Also, the passes defended drop-offed considerably (Vasher?). I hope the Bears can also defend better against the screen pass. We seemed to get burned all day by that play. Hopefully this was related to all the injuries on the defense.

  5. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4249

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  6. Started by balta1701-A,

    This is pretty much expected, with Trent Edwards taking his job. There's a few teams he could/would be an upgrade for, and he has a short contract. If I were the bills, I'd try hard to honor his trade request, maybe pick up another draft pick or a player some team wanted to discard. With a young team in need of talent, I think you do have to move him, even if you only get a mid-round pick for him or something like that.

  7. Started by bear trap,

    sheesh I don't get on for a while and all #### breaks loose! Well a good saying is I once was lost and now am found, glad to see you all again!

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  8. Started by madlithuanian,

    I have a frined that went to Wheaton that swears this guy will end up being a darn good LB in the NFL. Seems like a decent enough prospect in the late rounds... Does anyone have any info or insight? http://condraft.com/database/division-iii/...aker/index.html

  9. Started by Noots,

    If I were Turner, Angelo, Lovie...regarding Rex Quite honestly, I think they really should cut the cord...but let's put that thought aside and pretend for a moment Rex is re-signed, and the starter. 1. JA needs to rebuild the line. I would look to add two new linemen this year, and they'd need to be extremely strong run blockers at the point of attack. I guess I'd try to find guys that Rex could see over without sacrificing pass blocking ability due to short arms. LOL. 2. Ron Turner needs to do a couple of things to get Rex back on track, from a schematic perspective. I'm not saying this is ALL he should do, just that I didn't see much of this and it needs…

  10. Started by DrunkBomber,

    After spending Tuesday interviewing with the Baltimore Ravens regarding the team's head coaching vacancy, the Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator was offered the position, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter. Garrett spent more than six hours interviewing with the Ravens, who preferred not to let Garrett leave without signing a contract. Garrett, however, followed his time in Baltimore with a flight to Atlanta, where he will discuss the Falcons' head coaching position that has been offered to him by team owner Arthur Blank. Meanwhile, the Cowboys view Garrett as a future head coach and are willing to match any salary that is offered by Atlanta or Baltimore to r…

  11. Started by madlithuanian,

    Byrd promoted in coaching shuffle The Bears added a third wrinkle to the changes on the coaching staff as assistant defensive backs coach Gill Byrd was promoted to assistant DB’s/safeties coach. The club announced the move Wednesday afternoon when it also got around to officially naming Lloyd Lee the new linebackers coach, and announcing the addition of Eric Washington to the staff as an assistant defensive line coach. Byrd, a former Pro Bowl performer for the San Diego Chargers, has been on the coaching staff for the past two seasons and was elevated to assistant DB’s coach last season after serving as a quality control coach in 2006. http://blogs.sunti…

  12. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    I believe there's a coin flip for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks this year (could be wrong on the numbers). When will this flip take place? Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  13. Will Dent ever make it in? If Hampton is in, Dent should be as well. There are very few Defensive Ends who were Super Bowl MVPs. 34½ sacks in 2 years is Madden-silly. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4289

  14. Started by OmahaBear,

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tnC8BtNBNLo

  15. Started by Da Bears 88,

    I just noticed that he hasn't missed a game in his career. 2003: 16 games 2004: 16 games 2005: 16 games 2006: 16 games 2007: 16 games Very impressive for an outstanding special teams guy.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  16. Started by nfoligno,

    I started to talk about this in another thread, but felt it might be an interesting topic to start new. We have something like $30m in cap space. I think we can all agree we are not going to spend $80m in cash, or whatever, to sign 4 or 5 big names, including our own. So the question is, how will we use up all that space. Signing a bunch of mid tier FAs will not use up the space. W/ that in mind, I am wondering if we will see some big roster bonuses this year, as opposed to using just signing bonuses. By doing this, we would still use up the cap space this year, while at the same time, improving our situation in the future. Harris would be a prime c…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  17. Started by nfoligno,

    I read more and more about this guy. He was an OG in college, but finished the year at LT. I am reading he is a stud OG, and many/most believe he can move to LT in the NFL he is so good. He is going to be a 1st round pick, but w/ such a solid OT class, he is more likely to last to the back half of the 1st round. I mentioned earlier about trading up into the late 1st. Could he be a target too. The more I read about him, the more I love. If you believe the writing, at worst, he is a stud OG. At best? He could be a stud LT. If we do not take a OT w/ our 1st pick, what about moving up and taking him next?

  18. Started by GakMan23,

    Patriots | No franchise tag for Moss Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:39:15 -0800 John Clayton, of ESPN, reports the New England Patriots did not place their franchise tag on impending unrestricted free-agent WR Randy Moss before the deadline.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  19. Started by bradjock,

    Below I've posted the blog from profootballtalk.com that says Dante Stallworth is getting no interest. That's awesome. It means that either: a) FA WR's like Berrian won't command HUGE $$$'s, and If Berrian walks, it's one more guy the Bears could get to replace him. NO MARKET FOR STALLWORTH A league source tells us that there's little or no interest on the open market for receiver Donte' Stallworth, whose tenure with the Patriots is ending after only one season. A year ago, Stallworth was believed to be one of the hottest free-agent receivers on the market. After languishing on the shelf while the big money flowed, Stallworth signed a long-term …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  20. Started by GakMan23,

    Cowboys | Team reaches long-term agreement with Adams Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:51:22 -0800 The Dallas Cowboys reached a long-term agreement with OT Flozell Adams Thursday, Feb. 28, which means Adams will likely end his career as a Cowboy. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.