Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,547 topics in this forum
-
Things I've noticed in TC videos: -Alot of passes are going to the TEs, all 3 of them, nice -We are running alot of screens -Several "Wolfe up the middle plays" =/ -Forte looks alot faster and agile than he looked in the college videos I saw right after the draft -Pass protection is scaring me, Qbs are having to step up a whole lot with not much time
-
- 4 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
I know I've been absent from the board for most of the season but work had called. I still have been fuming over what transpired the last 2 months or so. Here are the Top-10 things that need to happen prior to 2012 if we have any hope: 1. Jerry Angelo needs to go before the draft. If McCaskey want's to make a name for himself on this team, this must be done. JA has pissed draft after draft away and they can't afford to let him shyt the bed again. JA has neglected to get a decent second string. He hasn't taken into account injuries occur or people won't pan out. 2. Martz and his offense need to go. For the last 2 years, they haven't clicked until 5-6 weeks …
-
- 27 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
1. We need to get rid of Kreutz and Garza they are old and can block well anymore. Get Mankins as a FA and draft a center 2. We need to get a WR like TO, Fitzgerald, Ocho Cinco, V.Jackson, Moss, Rice, someone that can be a no#1. Draft either A. Brown(southern miss) or Baldwin(Pitt) 3. Get a true man playing corner like Bailey or Asomugha. Jennings to short and Tillman getting old and slow 4. Use the Damn play book to use the screens, passes to the RB(Forte over 500 yrds) use the big TEs Olsen & Davis is jump ball in the red zone. 5 Use Hester on both kick offs and punt returns.
-
- 15 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
-
I had what I thought was a pretty interesting thought while I was over at my buddies. He brought the topic of the hybrid D and the whole giving Ds different looks like that has been talked about all offseason. I know the Bears have said they are keeping the 4-3, but I don't know if that completely rules out some 3-4 sub packages. Seattle is a 4-3 team but they also had some 3-4 packages. I wonder if the Bears might do some of the same. I thought up of a scenario where the Bears draft a guy like Hageman or Tuitt to be the the 3T in 4-3 formations. That would then set up a possible 3-4 setup of Hageman-Ratliff-Houston as your 3 down lineman and they kick back Youn…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
One of the first thoughts I have is the way Allen abused Pace the last time we played, and regardless how often that happened, we continued to play Pace man-to-man against Allen, w/o giving him any help. Well, we now have Williams on the left side, and I just hope we do not make the same mistake. Every team that faces Minny uses a 2nd blocker on Allen. Allen will crush Williams if we don't give him help, and that could end up being the sort of game that shatters a young mans confidence, not to mention Cutlers neck. We need to really focus on Allen and give Williams plenty of help. With Wale out, I wonder who gets his snaps. Adams? Anderson? Idonije? Frankly…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
It seems Fairley has run afoul of Lions' management. http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/...ot_pick_up.html If you recall Peppers was accused of 'taking plays off now and then' but still did pretty well when he played in Chicago. And Fairley is younger...fifth year in next season (2015). Would Chicago benefit from looking into this? Maybe Fairley could prove to be a decent 3T or NT given the right situation? My thought is he played too much into the free for all no discipline that was Schwartz' coaching and became lazy because of it. Maybe with the new staff in Detroit he'll do better? Maybe he'd do better in a different NFC North team?
-
- 2 replies
- 737 views
-
-
A couple of thoughts came to mind on the roster Does anybody think that is Grasu is up to par, his upside would put him back at C and move Whitehair out to LT? They are almost the exact same size , Leno's arms are 1 and 1/2 inches longer but I think Cody could absolutely handle the spot.
-
- 13 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
-
This is my positive side to the season, I also will add Cohen on there as an impactful player this year. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2718148...r-chicago-bears
-
- 0 replies
- 816 views
-
-
-
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...neil09.article# The above article talks about the importance of keeping our D off the field. I have preached this for years and have been met with strong debate. This article doesn't vindicate me by any stretch, but does convey my exact thoughts on the situation and will use that as a sounding board, because there is no way I could have said it better. I posted in another thread that Martz would not provide an advantage needed in Time of Possession (TOP). I'll admit being half wrong about his offense's ability to hold a TOP advantage. With the other half yet to play out, as we will need to see it with Bears player…
-
- 16 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/telander/27...-rick01.article I think many can agree with it.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
I think it's clear that he has to go. To me, it seems almost as if he has lost the locker room, and that he's been way too soft on the players. Not only were our players getting tossed around like rag dolls today, they showed no emotion and no heart. I place that directly on the HC. It's obvious he hasn't been doing a good job and the D was more successful under Ron Rivera. Change is needed and I'm all for it. While I would fire Lovie and the whole coaching staff, I would keep Angelo for at least 2 more years. As for who I would hire as a replacement for Lovie, it would likely be Cowher (if he wanted to return to the NFL). I like Spagnola, but it looks like he has p…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I'm just going to preserve this and track this thread as we go through the year.
-
- 4 replies
- 219 views
-
-
How many times are we going to beat a dead horse here? Where the hell is the pass rush?!
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Newly-acquired defensive tackle Brian Price has passed his physical with the Bears and will wear No. 95; LB Adrien Cole switches from No. 95 to 49. So switching from 95 a LB number to 49 a RB/DB number to me is just telling him that he will not make the team.
-
- 9 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
I touched on this in another thread, but I think the Bears have to be at least considering drafting two WRs this year if the value is there. I'm sure they would still love to add a veteran (particularly Holt), but the amount of research the Bears have put into scouting the WRs suggests to me that they would probably be interested in getting a couple new bodies in there. So, if that's the case, which two WRs do you draft and where do you think you can get them?
-
- 9 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Simply put, this is yet another game in which the coaches had a severe impact on the outcome of the game. They timid, no-balls strategies cause and allow complacency, not to mention emboldening the opponent with all sorts of energy and momentum. OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR The offense did better this game, but simply put, Turner has not fully learned his lesson. He still doesn't understand how to call a game, and all too often his calls are predictable. A shotgun pass on third and short is a horrible call, and then to go to the same formation on another third and short is basically telling the opponents, "Hey, we know it didn't work last time, so we'll definitely run …
-
- 36 replies
- 7.5k views
-
-
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/09/21/ang...-bears%e2%80%99 He is out of the mental hospital...I am convinced!!!!
-
- 37 replies
- 6k views
-