Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    Absolutely fascinating, imo. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...ory.html#page=3

  2. Started by Pixote,

    I was upset when I first learned of Cliff Stein leaving the Bears. I was even more alarmed that it was rumored that Warren was the one who showed him the door. I just read an interesting article describing in detail the rise and fall of Cliff Stein and now fully understand why he was dismissed. The article describes Stein's change in approach to contract negotiations that had become an issue with players and their agents. It also mentioned that he felt Phillips and Stein mishandled negotiations with Arlington Heights which has led to a stalemate in Warren's plans for a stadium there. Finally, it states Warren is concerned that there are "leaks" in the front office o…

  3. Started by BearFan PHX,

    I've been seeing a bunch of online rumor-mongering around the idea of a trade deadline deal for an Offensive Lineman. All of it seems to be around the Guard position. There are at least three different names I've read. I'm not saying this is going to happen at all. Just that people farming for clicks have been saying it. But my question to you guys is, if you were going to trade for an OL at the deadline, and assume the player would be pretty good, but not necessarily blue chip, like a top 10 guy, but not a top 5 guy - which position would you trade for? Which current OL would you replace? For me the OG question has been a little better with Pryor and Jenkins/Mu…

    • 10 replies
    • 898 views
  4. Started by AZ54,

    With the owners meetings completed and just a few weeks before the draft any remaining free agents are getting nervous to find roster spots. This is where Pace often does a lot of work to fill out the roster. I think he's done with big contracts except for any extensions he wants to do with our current players (reportedly Goldman, maybe Amos). We have almost $28mil in cap space and have yet to cut Freeman which opens up another $3.5mil. That leaves room to sign a "name" player on a decent low risk deal. About the only "name" player I'm interested in is Jonathan Hankins because I think if his asking price drops low enough he can add some starter level depth while le…

  5. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...ments_Container Everyone on this site should check out this piece. Really good stuff from Gannon. Dang it, I really want Rich as our QB coach after seeing his quotes and comments. Just makes a ton of sense.

  6. Started by sussnk,

    So my brother scored some tix to the Bears/Vikings game in Nov. Now the question is...where the heck can we tailgate?? I see that there are passes on sale on Ebay but holy smokes they want a pretty penny for those lots now! isnt there a lot off of I-80 by McCormick place that you can pay as you get there??? Any other suggestions other than underground? thanks!

    • 0 replies
    • 898 views
  7. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    This is more along the lines of a leader that we and other players on the team need to see. More Paytonesque where Matt believes actions are louder than words. So true. http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpos...amp;src=desktop

  8. Started by 'TD',

    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...d-nfl-1-2-cases McDonald was cleared of the domestic violence charge but still has the sexual assault case pending.

    • 0 replies
    • 897 views
  9. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    With Demps designated to return, the Bears can no longer bring back Kevin White this year, which officially ends his season. Demps joins Hall as the two (and only) players that the Bears can designate to return from IR.

    • 3 replies
    • 897 views
  10. Started by AZ54,

    Interesting pick and this is likely a by-product of all the time they put into Devin Singletary. You can't watch an FAU game without wondering who the other guy in their backfield was. If you liked the idea of taking Tony Pollard late in the draft you will like Whyte. Similar style players and I'd say he has a shot at replacing Davis in the backfield in a year or two. In the meantime he offers some KR return ability so that might be his best chance to get on the field this year. This year I see him ending up on the practice squad. Edit: If he reaches his potential I can see him helping free up $8mil in cap space by filling the roles of both Davis and Patterso…

    • 2 replies
    • 897 views
  11. Started by ChileBear,

    I'm seeing that MLB stars are opting out of the season. I can agree with their decision, and feel that this is going to give a bunch of MLB wannabees a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make the big leagues. I wonder, with the way things sit now, will that spill over to the NFL? Where would we get "replacement players"? It would be a great opportunity for many borderline guys, but I remember the strike season and didn't like the on-field product. Great opportunity for new guys, but where would we get these fill-in players?

    • 2 replies
    • 897 views
  12. Started by Stinger226,

    Top Athlete: Alec Ogletree – Georgia – 6’3/232 The former safety has been receiving criticism from my end for a long time. Each time I watch the talented but underachieving Bulldogs defense on tape, Ogletree jumps out at me in two ways. One good, one bad. Top end speed, agility, and reaction. Closes a 5-10 yard window quicker than anyone in this class. An easy, fluid mover in coverage with fast-twitch hips. Physical tackler that knows how to finish a play when he has his weight under him. Struggles mightily against oncoming blockers. Minimal physical presence. Gets locked on to with ease and cannot free himself. A liability against the inside rushing game…

  13. Started by NAMEDSONPAYTON2,

    I hope the other team does not now what I know. I know exactly when cutler gets the snap, its right after he yells 180 hut,hut

  14. Started by Pixote,

    I know we have read articles about Kromer before and we certainly all have concerns over our OL going into 2013. I noticed this new article on the Bears official website. I am usually leary of anything posted there as many times it seems as self serving propaganda. However, I liked this one as it gave a good amount of feedback from N.O. Saints OLmen. I am anxious to see what he can do for us. New Aaron Kromer Article

  15. Started by AZ54,

    Exactly what you want in a press conference... https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-young-receivers-aim-to-respond-to-aaron-rodgers-criticism

    • 8 replies
    • 896 views
  16. Started by adam,

    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFC-breakout-teams.html Bears, Panthers, and Eagles Out of the teams that missed the playoffs last year, these seem like obvious choices along with Dallas.

    • 0 replies
    • 896 views
  17. Started by AZ54,

    I'm curious to see how he plays this season after the change in workout strategy. As I've said before this is his first offseason in an NFL training program and it should help him quite a bit. He moved fairly well for a big guy last year but a bit more quickness in his cuts would certainly be beneficial. https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/what-does-bears-coach-matt-nagy-have-in-store-for-te-adam-shaheen/ When the Bears designed their offseason training plan for Shaheen, their goal wasn’t to increase his power or strength — ‘‘I was pretty damn physical last year,’’ he said — but to make him more fluid, mobile and flexible. Part of the Bears’ focus was t…

    • 2 replies
    • 896 views
  18. Started by AZ54,

    I read this article and then looked at some stats to see where we fall. It's the end of the first quarter of the season so at this point things are leveling off and we can draw some conclusions from the numbers. https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/bears-prove-they-have-nfls-best-defense-win-over-tampa-bay Bears defensive rankings (others are from highest to lowest i.e. #1, #2): yards/gm 4th behind Jax, Baltimore, Washington pts/gm 4th behind Jax, Washington, Baltimore INTs 2nd with 8 behind Miami with 9. Jax has 1, Bal 4, Wash 3 FF 1st with 8. Jax has 2, Wash 1, Bal 2 Sacks 1…

    • 2 replies
    • 896 views
  19. Started by AZ54,

    This is a good start but is focused on our top needs CB/WR/S. There are many other players to keep an eye on this game. https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/chicago-bears-2022-nfl-draft-cfb-players-to-watch More names... https://sports.yahoo.com/2022-nfl-draft-5-college-football-playoffs-themed-predictions-171145930.html

    • 5 replies
    • 895 views
  20. Started by adam,

    I was thinking about draft order for the upcoming draft and realized we will end up in the dead zone again (14-20) unless we have a complete turnaround and run the table. Over the past 7 years, 6 teams have had only 1 selection in the first 16 picks: 01 - Andrew Luck - IND 10 - Jerod Mayo - NE 12 - Haolti Ngata - BAL 14 - Chris Williams - CHI 15 - Lawrence Timmons - PIT 15 - Jason Pierre Paul - NYG First, what seems pretty interesting is the fact that these teams represent 5 SuperBowl winners and 5 losers, totaling 10 Super Bowl appearances in the last 7 years. Now this would make sense because good teams pick in the 2nd half of the round, but I …

    • 2 replies
    • 895 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.