Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,547 topics in this forum
-
The Bengals responded to the smashmouth conditions by feeding the ball to running back Cedric Benson 38 times for a career-high 171 yards. With 118 of those yards coming in the first half, it marked the first time since Dec. 11, 2005 against the Browns (when Rudi Johnson had 124 in Cincinnati) that the Bengals had a 100-yard rusher in the first half.
-
- 0 replies
- 799 views
-
-
So I got an email today from NFL Sunday Ticket that the preseason game would stream on my NFL Sunday Ticket app today, sort of a test out the software pre weekend offer I guess. So Ive got my app open, and I can see the other games, but the Bears feed is just black. It's not blacked out in Arizona. Anyone else seeing this too? I had the same result on multiple devices.
-
- 6 replies
- 799 views
-
-
With Fields now also a runner and the emergence of Herbert in this scheme, it really looks like Montgomery is the odd man out. He has only had one rushing day over 70 yards all season, and since the offense started scoring 30 a game, he has averaged 3.55 yards a carry and 47 yards a game. He is on pace for a career low in attempts, yards, yards per carry, and TDs. His longest rush this year is 28 yards. Obviously he is going to command more than his rookie deal, but I can't see him getting anything like even what Conner or Fournette got (3yr, $21M). What do you think he is worth? Do you think the Bears give him that contract? I say they don't and let him walk.…
-
- 10 replies
- 799 views
-
-
Several times during the Lovie years, we saw pointless wins that allowed the team to misleading hope, while simultaneously submarining any chance of stockpiling draft capital that helps build franchises. The team has hovered around .500 year after year since 2000. Since 2000, believe it or not, the team has an average of 7.9 wins per season. Of the 22 seasons, 12 have been +/- 2 wins of .500. That's treading water; it's not building a franchise. For 30+ years I have heard about how the meaningless wins help in some way, whether it be cohesion, camaraderie, or confidence. But for the Bears, that doesn't appear to hold true. That's why I think this year is so perfect. …
-
- 6 replies
- 799 views
-
-
They have the Bears at 21 so still bottom third. I hope we surprise a lot of people this year.
-
- 7 replies
- 799 views
-
-
OLB Khalil Mack, CB Kyle Fuller, returner Tarik Cohen, and FS Eddie Jackson. The biggest challenge will be getting Akiem Hicks into the Pro Bowl. The last I read he was way back in fan voting but I have to think players and coaches will close that gap. http://nfltraderumors.co/2019-pro-bowl-voting-leaders/
-
- 1 reply
- 799 views
-
-
I came across this while doing some draft research. https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/david-montgomery-contract-chicago-bears I've already said I'm in favor or re-signing him and keeping him around while Fields' develops. However, as in that article, there is a good argument to be made about how difficult it can be to get value out of a RB on an expensive 2nd contract. With that in mind IF your decision as GM is to... 1) Let him ride out his existing deal (play next year) and then let him go seeking a potential comp pick in exchange 2) Herbert is good enough to your starter .... should we trade Montgomery this offseason? A good RB a…
-
- 4 replies
- 799 views
-
-
Whitner to Cleveland, Ward to Broncos https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter
-
- 2 replies
- 799 views
-
-
Just kidding, but here are some videos of Ryan Pace if you haven't seen them: http://www.neworleanssaints.com/media-cent...70-0645c279fa4d http://www.neworleanssaints.com/media-cent...cf-c411bc91921c
-
- 0 replies
- 799 views
-
-
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/9290679-419...on-is-back.html
-
- 1 reply
- 798 views
-
-
What are they waiting for? Colts and raiders didn’t take long. Fire his butt already, let’s move on.
-
- 0 replies
- 798 views
-
-
Here is where the Bears are being drafted for FFB. Our top positional player is Burton, a top-10 TE. Trubisky - 25th QB, ADP 124.7, 13th Round pick, behind Mahomes, Mayfield, Keenum, Taylor, and just ahead of Jackson who is not even the starter. I figure he will end up in the middle of the league, 12th-16th but I don't see him as the 25th best QB in the league. Howard - 14th RB, ADP 30.0, behind McCaffery and McKinnon, and barely ahead of Mixon. Howard gets no love every year. A perennial top-10 RB and he is rarely drafted there (except in Bears leagues lol). Cohen - 35th RB, 108.8 ADP, this actually seems about right for a #2 RB, and if he is also returnin…
-
- 0 replies
- 798 views
-
-
I want a fast RB to compliment Montgomery, and hopefully someone who is better than Cohen at the combination role. Enter from Memphis Antonio Gibson..
-
- 2 replies
- 798 views
-
-
As usual, I'm serious about this. The Bears would be better off just going with Alabama and/or SEC players instead of trying to outsmart everyone. First step: Trade back, and pick up an extra pick. To make this easy, let's say the Bears get another 2nd and that's it. 1st - Christian Barmore (DT) Alabama - Too good to pass up, sets up multiple possibilities, insurance for Goldman as well 2nd - Alex Leatherwood (OT/OG) Alabama - Starts immediately. 2nd - Kellen Mond (QB) Texas A&M - QB of the future. 3rd - Dylan Moses (LB) Alabama - I don't care about the injury; he's a monster. 5th - LaBryan Ray (DE) Alabama - I think he could be …
-
- 0 replies
- 797 views
-
-
Quarterbacks (2): Jay Cutler, Caleb Hanie. When you have an elite quarterback, it's easy to go with just two. The team will look for a third for the practice squad and consider Brett Basanez. Running backs/fullbacks (5): Matt Forte, Kevin Jones, Garrett Wolfe, Adrian Peterson, Jason McKie. It's been an uphill battle for Peterson, but he ran very well at Denver and always has been reliable on special teams. ''I just show up on film,'' Peterson said when asked how he evaluated his chances. ''If they stick me out on the field, I am going to show up. I'm going to let the chips fall where they do. I'm not losing sleep over anything.'' Jones hasn't sparkled i…
-
- 1 reply
- 797 views
-
-
I finally got back into LA after the game yesterday, and celebrating at Ditka's afterwards! What a game! I've never seen that kind of offensive and ST outpouring of points! The D had me irritated for the first half, but the O was on time! As was the entrie ST crew! The crowd was really loud and really got behind the Bears. There were some boo's when Detroit scored on long drive, but justifiably so. SMith again made good adjustments at the half, yet couldn't again get it right on D at the beginning of the game. It's looked like deja vu other than the O coming to play! Kdos to the entrie O and ST...and to the D in the second half! (Could the D from t…
-
- 0 replies
- 797 views
-
-
He's just been promited to the 53 with the Seahawks today per KFFL.... Just thought some here might want to know that...
-
- 0 replies
- 797 views
-
-
Anyone have a status on either player? Also, what the word or Kwiatkowski and Compton? Peace
-
- 2 replies
- 797 views
-
-
Manning will return kicks in St. Louis.
-
- 0 replies
- 797 views
-
-
I been hearing this crap from some posters that feel our scheme does not fit the players taken. Well let me be the first to inform you all. We have no idea what the scheme is!!! Tice in for Martz means quicker throws different line calls and audibles. Big difference from Martz. We also dont know what Marinelli has in store for the D. With no OTA's last year it put a crimp in what anyone could do. With Martz gone it makes for a real different offense on the field. So your criticisms are a moot point, You have no idea what our scheme is going to be anymore then I do.
-
- 1 reply
- 797 views
-