Bears/Seahawks

Bears4Ever_34

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the first quarter is any indicator, we're going to see a repeat of last year. The offense is going to have to score 30 ppg to even be in some of these games. I have zero faith in Mel Tucker.

Also, Briggs is done. He can't run anymore.

Briggs looks fat and out of shape......

I have had the same thoughts about Mel Tucker this whole first half.... hope its just preseason.....

Man, the Bears have a lot of bad veteran players on defense. I fear this may be their downfall. Kelvin Hayden, Briggs, Tillman, DJ Williams, Adrian Wilson.. Even Jennings is looking old out there. They are in desperate need of youth. Take a page out of Seattle's book.

They have youth; SMC, Bostic, Greene, Fuller, Vereen, Young, Ferguson, Sutton etc. Problem is they got no damn coordinator.

So get ready to disown me Stinger.

Cutler sucks. Chicago paid for 7 more years of this mediocrity? I would've easily preferred a 1-2 year incentive laden deal for McCown over Cutler at this point. I know it's the preseason. But geez, this was supposed to be the "dress rehearsal". Apparently they were practicing the wrong script. Cutler was flinging it like he's been doing for the last 4-5 years (or a monkey flings poo). Hoping his team will somehow miraculously catch the ball despite all the defenders surrounding them. I wouldn't be as concerned had I not seen the previous two games. I know the Bears won those but the backups won those games, not the starters. In both previous games the Bears were behind but were able to come back and win with Palmer and Clausen chucking it to the no-names of the third string.

Defense? Didn't Chicago once be revered for its "Monsters of The Midway?" The look more the "My Little Pony Cavalcade and Emporioum." Not because they can't do it but because they have inept leadership in the form of Mel Tucker.

I like Trestman. He's starting to grow on me. But if this horse manure show continues on he'll be getting shown the exit sooner than he deserves.

The only consolation I have from tonight's performance was that the number 1 offense (Denver) was beaten worse a few months ago by this same team. Since our team was #2 and considering that fact, it wasnt really that bad... Right?

Cutler sucks. Chicago paid for 7 more years of this mediocrity? I would've easily preferred a 1-2 year incentive laden deal for McCown over Cutler at this point. I know it's the preseason. But geez, this was supposed to be the "dress rehearsal". Apparently they were practicing the wrong script. Cutler was flinging it like he's been doing for the last 4-5 years (or a monkey flings poo). Hoping his team will somehow miraculously catch the ball despite all the defenders surrounding them. I wouldn't be as concerned had I not seen the previous two games. I know the Bears won those but the backups won those games, not the starters. In both previous games the Bears were behind but were able to come back and win with Palmer and Clausen chucking it to the no-names of the third string.

Defense? Didn't Chicago once be revered for its "Monsters of The Midway?" The look more the "My Little Pony Cavalcade and Emporioum." Not because they can't do it but because they have inept leadership in the form of Mel Tucker.

I like Trestman. He's starting to grow on me. But if this horse manure show continues on he'll be getting shown the exit sooner than he deserves.

The only consolation I have from tonight's performance was that the number 1 offense (Denver) was beaten worse a few months ago by this same team. Since our team was #2 and considering that fact, it wasnt really that bad... Right?

Damn...I guess I won't watch the game....

And I agree about Cutler...and have said all along. He sucks!

But I don't want Lovie back either.

Cutler better step up....or hopefully someone else will....

Damn....another year of disappointment?

I hope not.

I think it is way early to disown anybody on this team. they just played the best team in football at there home with very little questions for them to answer. I think we are a playoff contender but not a SB one. We simply are a work in progress, and it will look better later. Preseason means very little in the total design of a team. We have work to do and lets enjoy the regular season when it gets here, it will be a rollercoaster. I like rollercoaster rides.

I think it is way early to disown anybody on this team. they just played the best team in football at there home with very little questions for them to answer. I think we are a playoff contender but not a SB one. We simply are a work in progress, and it will look better later. Preseason means very little in the total design of a team. We have work to do and lets enjoy the regular season when it gets here, it will be a rollercoaster. I like rollercoaster rides.

Agreed 100%.

Peace :dabears

Piss poor. Marshall seemed to be only guy worth his price.

I can easily sluff off a preseason loss. But the big takeaway, it that Seattle's 3rd down efficiency was something like 70%. That, will simply kill us if it is even remotely close to what the season holds.

If the first quarter is any indicator, we're going to see a repeat of last year. The offense is going to have to score 30 ppg to even be in some of these games. I have zero faith in Mel Tucker.

Fortunately, it is preseason, and if you guys remember, we did not look stellar in 1985 in the preseason

Yes, I am concerned, but still hopeful we will have a good year.

That first week in SF worries me, we always seem to suck in SF

1985 Bears Preseason Record - The only good week we had was week 4 when the starters sat on the sideline

Week 1 - STL - L 3–10

Week 2 - IND - L 13–24

Week 3 - DAL - L 13–15

Week 4 - BUF - W 45–14

Guest TerraTor

Defense is a disaster. Hiring bottom of the barrel Rooney Rule stuff and drafting trash ends up with this garbage. LOVIE left his Mark. With Shae McClellin.... If this teams goes 8-8 I'd be shocked

That actually was one of the more sensible things you've ever said. You're right, there is no way around the fact that our team will be playing it's 97th season and that in it's own right is something to get excited about. I admire the optimism.

The roller coaster you mention is one reason they created alcohol. Cheers.

i disagree. with how this defense is looking we will need to average about 75 points a game on offense. LOL!!

seriously...

DEFENSE: even in a vanilla preseason mode the players STILL look confused and unsure where their assignments should be. i can't emphasize enough that the pursuit was overrunning misdirection plays all first half leaving an entire open field for their RB to run around RT for massive amounts of yardage. this is the same CRAP we saw last year when out LB's and DE's were being sucked inside on misdirection plays making our safeties and corners make plays on TE's and RB's and it hasn't gotten any better. there just is plain flat out no containment.

next... again we see this loose cover nobody defense with holes big enough to park a mack truck in for easy receptions by anyone with a pair of hands. i was hoping with lovie gone we would see an end to that for the most part. obviously just dreaming on that aspect.

holes up the middle? yikes. even in the red zone they are gaining 6 yds. a carry not to mention our corners playing so soft behind the receiver at times (IN the endzone) that ANY reception is an automatic TD.

i have NEVER been a tucker advocate and unless we see a complete turnaround from this preseason garbage it is going to be a very, very LONG season with tucker trying to break the record for bad that he installed last year (just what does it take to get fired in this organization?).

SPECIAL TEAMS: wow!! did we ever even get to the 20 yard line on kick returns? that was 4 tries!! blocking assignments? WHAT blocking assignments?

and again we were completely lost on containment and guys staying in their lanes just like last season on the punting team. when our kicker continually is the only guy near the returner that's a freaking problem. so like tucker... just what does it take to get fired from this team as a coach?? this squad is going to kill us this year if this isn't just preseason vanilla.

OFFENSE: i see absolutely no reason to be worried about most of what you are seeing with maybe the exception of our right tackle position. this is preseason and shaking out the rust and fitting in contending starters at TE, WR and RB.

cutler looks just fine out there. a few bone head plays? like that is any type of surprise? this is the way he works and did so before we acquired him. there is no perfection in the NFL. even the greats have/had their moments each game that have/had you scratching your head. the same goes for the dropped balls which were critical in a number of instances. don't worry about it YET. it's part of the game.

one critical aspect of our offense on coaching. for god's sake LOSE the pulling guards plays inside the 5 or 10 yard line. it's amateurish college crap that will fail more times than not for a loss you can't afford in that situation.

Kyle Fuller needs to play. He's not getting any better sitting in the trainer's room from an injury that, quite honestly, didn't even look that bad. I'm sure the Bears are being extra cautious, but the kid needs to be out there getting live reps. Tillman and Briggs are out there on reputation right now. I don't think either can play anymore. Tim Jennings hasn't looked very good in this pre-season, and Kelvin Hayden can't do much of anything (aside from being bad). They are going to need Kyle Fuller to step up or we could have serious problems again with this defense.

Chris Williams needs to get out there as well. If he doesn't play next week, there's no way he's making the team. He may be the Bears only hope of having a semi-decent return game this season, because the other candidates have been god awful. Does Joe D tell these guys to run straight into the first defender they see? I realize the blocking is below par, but these guys are professional athletes -- can they not set up a block and make the first guy miss?

The special teams couldn't be any more of a disaster. They worry me as much as anyone, especially if Robbie Gould starts to lose it.

This all brings me back to a point I made earlier. The Bears are relying too much on old vets. I don't often agree with Dan Pompei, but he made a valid point the other day about being worried that this team may falter in the 2nd half of the year because their older guys could begin to slow down over the course of a long season. The Seahawks have done a great job since Pete Carrol took over bringing in young players. They made more moves than anybody to completely overhaul their roster. I think if the Bears miss the playoffs again this year, it's time to do the same, at least on the defensive side of the ball. That means bye bye Tillman, Briggs, DJ, Ratliff, Hayden, and others.

I knew things would be interesting here.

It's preseason folks. Yes it's looked bad but I'm not gonna worry until it continues through week 4 of the regular season.

I luckily havent been able to watch a preseason game this year. I'm going to pretend that we are hiding the real team for regular season.

Defense is a disaster. Hiring bottom of the barrel Rooney Rule stuff and drafting trash ends up with this garbage. LOVIE left his Mark. With Shae McClellin.... If this teams goes 8-8 I'd be shocked

Ive heard you say some pretty dumb things on this board, but this one takes the cake.

Mel Tucker might be the dumbest worst football coach of all time, but it has nothing to do with his race. Even you should know better. You should be ashamed of yourself. As I see it you have three choices:

1) Retract your statement and apologize

2) Be overt that youre a racist and you stand behind what you said

3) do neither and be a total coward

This is the conundrum, what can you actually take away from the preseason? There have been teams that have looked like Super Bowl contenders in the preseason, running up the score on everyone to end up 4-12 in the regular season. Even though everyone says Week #3 of the preseason is the most important, not every team that makes the playoffs plays well in the preseason or in Game 3.

I took a look back at some preseason to regular season records. From 2009-2013 (last 5 years), SEA was the first SB winner who went undefeated during the preseason. The 3 winners before them went 2-2 in preseason, and NO was 3-1. For the SB losers, 2x were 3-1, 2x were 2-2, and one was 1-3 (IND). Now if I looked at teams that were 0-4 or 4-0 during the preseason, there was a pretty big constrast:

2013 - WAS 4-0 pre, 3-13 reg

2012 - PHI 4-0 pre, 4-12 reg

2011 - STL 4-0 pre, 2-14 reg

2010 - CHI 0-4 pre, 11-5 reg; SF 4-0 pre, 6-10 reg

2009 - MIA 4-0 pre, 7-9 reg; ARZ 0-4 pre, 10-6 reg

Right now I don't know what to think. I would've like to have seen better production overall, but we actually had success against Sherman which is promising.

I luckily havent been able to watch a preseason game this year. I'm going to pretend that we are hiding the real team for regular season.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with Trestman. Why show your hand early? Everyone is expecting a vanilla defense, so give them what they want and have them game plan for that.