From Inside Halas Hall...

Mongo3451

I had an interesting conversation from a person that spent some time with the team. I'm not naming my source, but...

On Trestman: Knows offense like crazy. Runs an ultra soft camp. Players were actually lobbying to hit more. Some pleading to the staff that they needed contact. Practices lacked intensity. Offense completely dominated the defense.

On talent: Cutler is a stud. Of all the QB's he's played with, Cutler was the best at running practice and making sure players were in the right position and accountable. Quoted, "dude is misunderstood", "good teammate", "leader I would follow", "hard worker".

Marshall, Bennett, Jeffery and Forte are talented in that order. We all know about Marshall, but it was said that Bennett is a beast. Probably the 2nd best "all around" TE in football.

Eric Weems: Team misses him. Held ST together

Hester: Team scratching head. They all knew how good he still is. TeamlLost some heart when he left.

Peppers: Team understood the math, but see Hester.

Briggs: No comment

Conte: Softest safety he's seen. Doesn't like contact. Fast with good instincts in passing game, but...

Vereen: Clueless with no instincts. Doesn't understand how he was 3rd rounder. Didn't even game plan against him when he was at U of Minnesota.

The team has good individual talent but lacks direction. Again, stated Trestman was a good offensive coach and the O destroyed the D.

All said, I'm wondering if our D was so bad that the offense had nothing to work against. Remember how they used to say our defense made our offense better? Haven't heard that this year from anyone.

Interesting thoughts thanks for posting it.

As far as Trestman knowing offense like crazy: We still gotta call running plays. That softness just carries over to the game plans.

I'm not missing Peppers at all. Allen has replaced his lack of edge rush equally well for about $5mil less (this is not a compliment). That at least brought in Willie Young and Ratliff who were the best FA pickups on defense.

I had an interesting conversation from a person that spent some time with the team. I'm not naming my source, but...

On Trestman: Knows offense like crazy. Runs an ultra soft camp. Players were actually lobbying to hit more. Some pleading to the staff that they needed contact. Practices lacked intensity. Offense completely dominated the defense.

On talent: Cutler is a stud. Of all the QB's he's played with, Cutler was the best at running practice and making sure players were in the right position and accountable. Quoted, "dude is misunderstood", "good teammate", "leader I would follow", "hard worker".

Marshall, Bennett, Jeffery and Forte are talented in that order. We all know about Marshall, but it was said that Bennett is a beast. Probably the 2nd best "all around" TE in football.

Hester: Team scratching head. They all knew how good he still is. TeamlLost some heart when he left.

Conte: Softest safety he's seen. Doesn't like contact. Fast with good instincts in passing game, but...

Vereen: Clueless with no instincts. Doesn't understand how he was 3rd rounder. Didn't even game plan against him when he was at U of Minnesota.

The team has good individual talent but lacks direction. Again, stated Trestman was a good offensive coach and the O destroyed the D.

All said, I'm wondering if our D was so bad that the offense had nothing to work against. Remember how they used to say our defense made our offense better? Haven't heard that this year from anyone.

Vereen was a late 4th, nearly a 5th RD pick.

But interesting info!

This would go with what Robbie Gould said about Cutler.

End of story, Trestman is in waaaay over his head. Emery tried to get cute. It didn't work

Thanks for sharing!

Some surprises, like what a great leader Cutler is...

This would go with what Robbie Gould said about Cutler.

End of story, Trestman is in waaaay over his head. Emery tried to get cute. It didn't work

Also learned that Houston Texans have a lot more contact in practice and accountability to standards on the field.

Did u ask what the problem was with offense/team????

As for the leader comments, I have said none of us or the media truly knows what type of leader Cutker really is...

Good to hear tho!

Is your mole McManis? He played for Houston.

Peace

I was thinking the same thing. Especially when given the clue about Houstons practices.

McManis would have some insight to the D given he is normally a CB. But undoubtedly a great ST player.

I'd agree with LL though (as much as it pains me) that Conte is not a "soft safety". His injuries and play on the field is proof. He sometimes over does it hence the injuries. Granted he never really was good at run support but seemed to have been improving.

So diod he park cars or was the washroom attend. Nothing you stated was a suprise.