Hundley at QB in draft ?

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor
Mentioned his name in the other thread. If Cutler is no longer here then he's the most realistic candidate in the draft since I don't see the top 2 guys falling.

He's a stretch at 7, and a risk to be gone in the 2nd so the bears would kinda be in a tough spot.

Even if Cutler has to stay, I'd still take him if possible

Jets in the 2nd would be the only team ahead of us that would realistically take him, so I cant imagine it would take that much to move up ahead of them. Maybe Cutler and our 2nd for Titans 2nd?

However, a 50% completion % (last 2 games) leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm not sure we're really in a position to trade up or use a 1/2 pick on a qb if the new regime still wants cutler around.

But ya, certainly a lackluster 2nd half sans the big run...broadcasters mentioned something about him hurting his hand in his last game but I didn't catch if it was his throwing hand or not, anyone know?

I'm not sure we're really in a position to trade up or use a 1/2 pick on a qb if the new regime still wants cutler around.

But ya, certainly a lackluster 2nd half sans the big run...broadcasters mentioned something about him hurting his hand in his last game but I didn't catch if it was his throwing hand or not, anyone know?

From what Im reading there is elite QB prospects in the draft. I think we need at upgrade at so many positions we cant take a chance on a lackluster QB prospect. We are simply screwed at trying to draft or find a free agent at QB.

From what Im reading there is elite QB prospects in the draft. I think we need at upgrade at so many positions we cant take a chance on a lackluster QB prospect. We are simply screwed at trying to draft or find a free agent at QB.

I don't want to see the Bears using the top 3 on a QB.

Part of the reason I say Petty, later in the rounds.

I have not watched college football this year so I ask this being totally clueless in regards to this years prospects declaring for the draft.

From what I read of his Bowl Performance I wonder what makes Hundley any different than dozens of QBs I have seen taken in past drafts who were described as having "raw skills as a QB" but had success at the college level do to his athleticism.

I have seen too may of these types of QB prospects drafted who seem to always fail at QB, attempt to convert to RB, fail at RB, and then get cut and wind up out of the NFL before their first contract expires.

It happens far too often, from big names like "Johnny Football" (I think he will be a total bust) to QBs not as highly regarded.

I am only asking because, as I said, I have no knowledge of the prospects in this year's draft.

I have not watched college football this year so I ask this being totally clueless in regards to this years prospects declaring for the draft.

From what I read of his Bowl Performance I wonder what makes Hundley any different than dozens of QBs I have seen taken in past drafts who were described as having "raw skills as a QB" but had success at the college level do to his athleticism.

I have seen too may of these types of QB prospects drafted who seem to always fail at QB, attempt to convert to RB, fail at RB, and then get cut and wind up out of the NFL before their first contract expires.

It happens far too often, from big names like "Johnny Football" (I think he will be a total bust) to QBs not as highly regarded.

I am only asking because, as I said, I have no knowledge of the prospects in this year's draft.

Exactly. I have to agree with the risk/ reward factor of drafting a QB. There are potentially 234 chances for QBs to be drafted each year (32 teams x 7 rounds) and rarely do you see many pan out. Not to say that each team were to draft a QB every round but the point is even if all 32 do for one round, the odds of succeeding are slim.

What needs be done is figure out who the new coach will be. See what style of game will we be looking at? Something tells me a lot of what is in place on offense will stay. The new coach will tune it to his liking then add as necessary. To speculate on a QB this early is silly.

FWIW I think they should keep who they have (Clausen, Cutler and Fales) and add via FA/trade. Preferably someone who's at least seen the game firsthand. Like a Cousins, Bortles or even Ossweiler.

Hundley has been inconsistent the last two years so he would be a work in progress and to me should have a middle round grade. My first two picks would be on defense Collins SS and Perryman MLB.The only way I vary from the first pick is if Amari Cooper is on the board at 7. He would be hard to pass up team him with Marshall and Jeffrey and we start to approach this like the current NFC North Champ by taking the best player on the board regardless of need. With Marshall showing some wear and tear the last two years it makes since to look to add talent via the draft. Wilson's hands look a little suspect right now also. This of course is only based on Cooper dropping to the 7th pick. Landon Collins is my choice in round 1.

Guest TerraTor

While any rookie QB will be questionable, Jay Cutler is a joke and has destroyed this team. Thanks to God awful drafts, our defense is a disaster and is more than likely the only reason we couldn't draft a QB early. I love the two S and MLB prospects that should be there at 7 and would take any of em

While any rookie QB will be questionable, Jay Cutler is a joke and has destroyed this team. Thanks to God awful drafts, our defense is a disaster and is more than likely the only reason we couldn't draft a QB early. I love the two S and MLB prospects that should be there at 7 and would take any of em

What is a joke is watching the AZ vs CAR playoff game and the Cardinals QB play. So tell me how Cutler destroyed this team and why he is the reason the Bears were 5-11?

What is a joke is watching the AZ vs CAR playoff game and the Cardinals QB play. So tell me how Cutler destroyed this team and why he is the reason the Bears were 5-11?

Cutler and the offense were only part of the problem, the defense and special teams were historically bad and accounted for most of the problems. 8 of the losses we allowed 27 or more.

CAR is going to get blown out the next game but is amazing how good LB play can impact the entire game.

Lovie firing Rivera was the turning point in the franchise. We have never recovered from that point.

Guest TerraTor

He's the highest paid player in the league and he's frigging awful

He's the highest paid player in the league and he's frigging awful

People gotta realize that his deal was frontloaded. Next year he will be the 11th highest paid...I know you'll disagree, but I don't think its too crazy to think he can be among the top 11 qbs in the league...esp. if the OL improves and stays healthy which would allow him time to do more than just throw a million swing passes.

People gotta realize that his deal was frontloaded. Next year he will be the 11th highest paid...I know you'll disagree, but I don't think its too crazy to think he can be among the top 11 qbs in the league...esp. if the OL improves and stays healthy which would allow him time to do more than just throw a million swing passes.

So tired of hearing he is the highest paid player.

I agree with you on this, he can be a top 10 qb.

But he will need a solid oline and a well coached team.

And maybe not the most predictable play calling I've ever seen.

And maybe run the ball to set up the pass

And maybe not be in 1st and 2nd longs due to stupid penalties.

With saying that, just cut down on the freakin INT's!