Rumors and tidbits

Stinger226

Am always noticing bits of information and dislike starting a new thread everytime I find something, so I will post it here.

I suggest everybody does.

At the combine---Bears met with

Tevin Coleman/RB/Indiana

Danny Shelton/NT/Wash

Cody Prewitt/FS/Miss

There are a few more names to post, that I cant recall at the moment

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am always noticing bits of information and dislike starting a new thread everytime I find something, so I will post it here.

Tevin Coleman/RB/Indiana

Danny Shelton/NT/Wash

Cody Prewitt/FS/Miss

Bears have a date with David Harris/ILB formally with the Jets

Thanks. I've been hear for 7 years but do more reading than writing. I'm often on my phone and its not the friendliest platform for short dissertations.

For everything I have digested so far:

The possibility exists that Marshall, Cutler, and Forte could all be gone this year( never had that thought before)

I think they try to fill spots in free agency with the positions of stength

and then address the other needs thru the draft.

I think the first pick will be OLB rush LB and as of today----Ray-Fowler-Gregory-Dupree-Beasley (could be anybody out of those names)

I think they bring in an ILB (like a Nate Irving) past with Fox and younger that Harris

I think they bring in a FS(like a Ramin Moore) past with Fox and weak draft class

I think they bring in a DE( like a Jared Orlick) good player and still young at 27

I think they bring a CB (like a Cris Cullver) history with DC, still young at 27

I think they bring in a OG (like a Orlando Franklin) young(27), history with Fox, move Long to LT

I think the free agents will all but on the young side to remake the roster

The only expensive FA will be Franklin, a building block to fortify the OL, no matter who is QB need help here for future

Tevin Coleman/RB/Indiana

Danny Shelton/NT/Wash

Cody Prewitt/FS/Miss

I was going to start this in the morning, but accidentally deleted it. This is what I found:

Danny Shelton NT Washington - met at Senior bowl

Dominique Brown RB Louisville - East West Shrine Game

Greg Henderson CB Colorado - East West Shrine Game

Alvin Bud Dupree OLB Kentucky - Combine

I was kinda big on Harris BUT I read yesterday that the 9ers ILBs, both Willis and Bowman, drop into coverage more than any other team. If Fangio continues to want guys who play well in coverage in the middle David Harris is not that guy.

But that's not to say they can't scheme around it.

I was kinda big on Harris BUT I read yesterday that the 9ers ILBs, both Willis and Bowman, drop into coverage more than any other team. If Fangio continues to want guys who play well in coverage in the middle David Harris is not that guy.

But that's not to say they can't scheme around it.

Well Bostic is good in coverage, but havent seen much else from him, maybe that makes him a better choice?

This would be a great solid veteran move. Harris has been a strong and consistent player. 120+ tackles in the last three seasons.

Yep. The only bad part is that he's 31. The Jets met with his agent about resigning him and there is speculation the Falcons are also interested. In other word, he's old and won't be cheap.

That being said, we are desperate for elp at the position and he might be the best 3-4 LB available who won't be franchised.

I notice the PFT article doesn't say we are actually interested, just that they expect us to be interested. As weak as we are at the position, I'm guessing everytime a lb becomes available there will be speculation they'll be coming to Chicago.

Yep. The only bad part is that he's 31. The Jets met with his agent about resigning him and there is speculation the Falcons are also interested. In other word, he's old and won't be cheap.

That being said, we are desperate for elp at the position and he might be the best 3-4 LB available who won't be franchised.

I notice the PFT article doesn't say we are actually interested, just that they expect us to be interested. As weak as we are at the position, I'm guessing everytime a lb becomes available there will be speculation they'll be coming to Chicago.

I read somewhere we have a meeting with his agent

I read somewhere we have a meeting with his agent

here is one of the guys from BR mock draft

1-Fowler/OLB

2-Perryman/ILB

3-Harry Anderson/DE/Stanford

4-Petty/QB

6-Joey Mbu/DT/DE houston

7-Matt Jones/RB/Florida

I see the draft falling something like this.

I think we draft a QB and RB prospect

We only have Houston that pojects to DE,so see us adding 2 here

Fowler-no brainer and Perryman gives us a leader to build from on the inside.

here is one of the guys from BR mock draft

1-Fowler/OLB

2-Perryman/ILB

3-Harry Anderson/DE/Stanford

4-Petty/QB

6-Joey Mbu/DT/DE houston

7-Matt Jones/RB/Florida

I see the draft falling something like this.

I think we draft a QB and RB prospect

We only have Houston that pojects to DE,so see us adding 2 here

Fowler-no brainer and Perryman gives us a leader to build from on the inside.

Seen a report where Jahir Evans/OG/NO is going to be released. At 31 should have a couple of years left. Any takers? move Long to OT

Not a big Perryman fan for the same reason I'm no longer a Harris fan, neither guy is good in coverage. I got my eyes on Kendricks in the 2nd if he gets there.

And that's if the Bears think we even need an ILB. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they think Jones/Bostic make a good duo with their coverage abilities.

Not a big Perryman fan for the same reason I'm no longer a Harris fan, neither guy is good in coverage. I got my eyes on Kendricks in the 2nd if he gets there.

And that's if the Bears think we even need an ILB. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they think Jones/Bostic make a good duo with their coverage abilities.

If all there going off of is film from last year, it might not bold well for either. What do you know about McKinney/miss st? he has stud size and is fast. Stats pretty decent too.

If all there going off of is film from last year, it might not bold well for either. What do you know about McKinney/miss st? he has stud size and is fast. Stats pretty decent too.

Jones actually looked pretty good IMO, and Bostic does have a background as a safety and also hasn't been bad in coverage so it could bode well for him...That said I wouldn't be at all surprised if neither stick or if they add one ILB and let those guy compete for the other spot.

McKinley is another guy who get's lost in coverage from what I've read. Also keep in mind that Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman, and Chris Borland are just 6'1", 6'0", and 5'11" respectively, so McKinley's stud size isn't necessarily a necessity when looking at ILBs.

I really like Kendricks. He's a leader who comes with top notch cover skills. No matter how much I like Bostic and Jones, if he falls to the 2R that's my guy.

Ben Heeney is a guy who I heard get compared to Chris Borland and I think he could end up being a mid-late round gem like Borland.

Jones actually looked pretty good IMO, and Bostic does have a background as a safety and also hasn't been bad in coverage so it could bode well for him...That said I wouldn't be at all surprised if neither stick or if they add one ILB and let those guy compete for the other spot.

McKinley is another guy who get's lost in coverage from what I've read. Also keep in mind that Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman, and Chris Borland are just 6'1", 6'0", and 5'11" respectively, so McKinley's stud size isn't necessarily a necessity when looking at ILBs.

I really like Kendricks. He's a leader who comes with top notch cover skills. No matter how much I like Bostic and Jones, if he falls to the 2R that's my guy.

Ben Heeney is a guy who I heard get compared to Chris Borland and I think he could end up being a mid-late round gem like Borland.

Lorenzo Maulkin/OLB is a guy that has a connection to Hurtt/LB coach. A father figure to him, has size , motor, good stats. a little slow. projects to 3rd or 4th round. maybe if he drops because of speed,,,maybe

Lorenzo Maulkin/OLB is a guy that has a connection to Hurtt/LB coach. A father figure to him, has size , motor, good stats. a little slow. projects to 3rd or 4th round. maybe if he drops because of speed,,,maybe

I like Mauldin a bit as a guy who will set the edge, but I don't think he'll bring much as a pass rusher. MAYBE if they think they already have that "Rush" LB in one of Young, Allen, Jones, SMC, Washington, or Bass, they could opt to go for a guy like Mauldin to play on the other side who's gonna set the edge and help in rush defense.

Or maybe they double up on OLBs, but I highly doubt we don't see one of the Bears I listed as a starting OLB for this team next year.

I like Mauldin a bit as a guy who will set the edge, but I don't think he'll bring much as a pass rusher. MAYBE if they think they already have that "Rush" LB in one of Young, Allen, Jones, SMC, Washington, or Bass, they could opt to go for a guy like Mauldin to play on the other side who's gonna set the edge and help in rush defense.

Or maybe they double up on OLBs, but I highly doubt we don't see one of the Bears I listed as a starting OLB for this team next year.

With Young coming back from injury, and Jared not fitting the scheme,maybe? Also I have a feeling we might be seeing Dan Skuta coming here, a Vic guy with a high motor and wont be expensive.