Rumors and tidbits

Stinger226

With Young coming back from injury, and Jared not fitting the scheme,maybe? Also I have a feeling we might be seeing Dan Skuta coming here, a Vic guy with a high motor and wont be expensive.

Maybe.

I kinda feel like we have pretty solid depth at OLB. I think we'll just add one starter (Probably from the draft) then work with the guys we have. I think Christian Jones fills in admirably for Young while hes out.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe.

I kinda feel like we have pretty solid depth at OLB. I think we'll just add one starter (Probably from the draft) then work with the guys we have. I think Christian Jones fills in admirably for Young while hes out.

I kinda thought he would be ILB. but could be wrong. We will know what they think of our LBers as soon as Free agency starts. If we bring anybody in, probably dont have a high opinion of the group.

I kinda thought he would be ILB. but could be wrong. We will know what they think of our LBers as soon as Free agency starts. If we bring anybody in, probably dont have a high opinion of the group.

He's versatile enough to play all 4 LB positions. I think he'll play OLB while Young is out then shift inside to ILB upon Youngss return....Unless he gets beat out by Allen, SMC, Bass, or Washington.

Coming out of the draft scouting reports were calling him a Rush LB.

Bottom Line

Chiseled, height-weight-speed see-and-go reactor with intriguing athleticism, versatility and upside who shows in flashes, but leaves evaluators wanting more. Is likely to boost his stock during the pre-draft process, and could warrant consideration from 4-3 teams as a Sam or Will, or from 3-4 teams as a rush linebacker. Play will reach another level if/when his processor speed catches up to his physical talent.

I like looking at the 3 cone drill when evaluating LBs and when you look at Jones 3 cone drill, it's not too far off the guys we've all been talking about.

Jones- 7.03

Beasley- 6.91

Fowler- 7.40

Harold- 7.07

Will be interesting to see what/if Ray, Dupree, Gregory run this at their pro days.

Our Jones can be a decent rush LB like he was at FSU.

Heard a rumor that had us trading Marshall to SF for Willis.

Why SF would: Crabtree wont be back

Cris Borland played well last year when Willis was hurt.

Notes: contacts are almost identical with all most exact money on cap hit.

Bowman is only 26 while Willis is 30.

Heard a rumor that had us trading Marshall to SF for Willis.

Why SF would: Crabtree wont be back

Cris Borland played well last year when Willis was hurt.

Notes: contacts are almost identical with all most exact money on cap hit.

Bowman is only 26 while Willis is 30.

Intriguing for sure. Isn't Bowman coming back from that horrible knee injury year before last? I could see money for money and age for age being equaling factors and that we are hurting at LB just as they are hurting at WR. And the fact that Fangio would have someone competent in his style defense to call the plays, makes a lot of sense. I personally can't really come up with a negative.

The only thing that concerns me is losing BM. I'm not convinced he's as much a problem as many 'outside the locker room' perceive him to be. I actually see him in the opposite light. I see him more as a potential leader of the group and players like AJ, Cutler and others might regress. Throw that in with the potential loss of Forte could send a bad vibe through the team. Think Urlacher from a few years ago but two fold. This time on the offense.

Not a big Perryman fan for the same reason I'm no longer a Harris fan, neither guy is good in coverage. I got my eyes on Kendricks in the 2nd if he gets there.

And that's if the Bears think we even need an ILB. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they think Jones/Bostic make a good duo with their coverage abilities.

Right there with you on Kendricks but I still like Perryman, I think he has that Ray Lewis factor.

Right there with you on Kendricks but I still like Perryman, I think he has that Ray Lewis factor.

Matt Miller from BR listed his post combine big board and think he is a smart guy.

I find it to be realistic on his rankings.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2377017...e-update/page/2

Matt Miller from BR listed his post combine big board and think he is a smart guy.

I find it to be realistic on his rankings.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2377017...e-update/page/2

Was looking at SF NTs for the last 3 years 6-5 318,6-1 297, 6-1 305

Fangios NTs dont fit the big fat guy in the middle like the typical 3-4 scheme does.

That is why I am positive Shelton will not be our 7th pick. If we drop down several spots his valve will change.

I was looking at ILB prospects in this draft and there just isn't a lot of talent there. I like Perryman but he is not fast on the field in the two games I watched but seems to have good instincts and hits like a ton of bricks, we could use that inside. Reminds me a lot of Chris Borland last year although I think Borland was little quicker getting around blocks and Perryman is more physical.

The lack of talent in the draft leads me to think we'll be aggressive on this position in FA. If Perryman is there in the 2nd Rd he could very well be our pick because after him the drop off becomes steep and I don't like McKinney because he reacts late to everything.

I was looking at ILB prospects in this draft and there just isn't a lot of talent there. I like Perryman but he is not fast on the field in the two games I watched but seems to have good instincts and hits like a ton of bricks, we could use that inside. Reminds me a lot of Chris Borland last year although I think Borland was little quicker getting around blocks and Perryman is more physical.

The lack of talent in the draft leads me to think we'll be aggressive on this position in FA. If Perryman is there in the 2nd Rd he could very well be our pick because after him the drop off becomes steep and I don't like McKinney because he reacts late to everything.

Thoughts on Paul Dawson? He looked awful at the combine, but I think he's a player in this league. He was Mayocks top ILB.

If Fangio wants his guys to drop into coverage like they did in SF, then the FA market looks pretty thin as well. Rolando McClain is pretty interesting, if they think he turned his life around for good then he would be the best guy out there and is only 26.

After McClain you have a bunch of 2 down LBs in David Harris, Brandon Spikes, Nate Irving and Rey Maualuga. I'm not sure any are a true fit if Fangio sticks with what he's done.

Michael Wilhoite a guy who had to start for Fangio last year might be a bit interesting. He's not an automatic starter, but could come in and compete with Jones and Bostic.

Was looking at SF NTs for the last 3 years 6-5 318,6-1 297, 6-1 305 Fangios NTs dont fit the big fat guy in the middle like the typical 3-4 scheme does. That is why I am positive Shelton will not be our 7th pick. If we drop down several spots his valve will change.

Not saying you said this but pointing out how I've read from different posts about how

"Fangio's" guys need to fit a certain size and then they are throwing Terrance Knighten's name as a FA acquisition. They are virtually the same size at 335/339.

Thoughts on Paul Dawson? He looked awful at the combine, but I think he's a player in this league. He was Mayocks top ILB.

If Fangio wants his guys to drop into coverage like they did in SF, then the FA market looks pretty thin as well. Rolando McClain is pretty interesting, if they think he turned his life around for good then he would be the best guy out there and is only 26.

After McClain you have a bunch of 2 down LBs in David Harris, Brandon Harris, Nate Irving and Rey Maualuga. I'm not sure any are a true fit if Fangio sticks with what he's done.

Michael Wilhoite a guy who had to start for Fangio last year might be a bit interesting. He's not an automatic starter, but could come in and compete with Jones and Bostic.

Would it be worth trying to get a guy like the other Brandon Marshall from Denver? He's going to be an RFA for the Broncs but given his age and skillset, might be worth the money. And is a veteran LB that Fox is familar with.

http://predominantlyorange.com/2015/02/19/...andon-marshall/

Gone for a couple of days and had to reread the thread. I was wondering about how big Fangio's NTs were and if I'm not mistaken Ricky Jean-Francois(sp?) was a draft pick of the 9ers for that position as well. If that is the case then we can't totally rule out resigning Paea who played the position in college.

As for Perryman, I agree he is not the most athletic guy on the field but the way he reacted and anticipated plays in the Hurricanes bowl game is what convinced me that he is going to be a goood ILB in the NFL.

Would it be worth trying to get a guy like the other Brandon Marshall from Denver? He's going to be an RFA for the Broncs but given his age and skillset, might be worth the money. And is a veteran LB that Fox is familar with.

http://predominantlyorange.com/2015/02/19/...andon-marshall/

I was the first guy on the Brandon Marshall train, but upon further review he is what is considered an exclusive rights free agent.

Here's a breakdown on what that means.... http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/pos...randon-marshall

Marshall is an exclusive rights free agent, meaning only the Broncos can offer him a contract. If the Broncos do not offer him a contract, however, then he would become a free agent.

I read elsewhere that they can offer him a minimum contract and he HAS to take it (meaning he can't negotiate).

That article goes on to say...

That won’t happen because Marshall isn’t a back-of-the-roster guy, hoping to hang on. He was their leading tackler this past season with 113, or 39 more than the next player (safety T.J. Ward) and that’s despite the fact he missed the final two games of the regular season with a foot injury.

So ya, sadly Brandon Marshall isn't an option unless he pisses in someones cereal.

I was the first guy on the Brandon Marshall train, but upon further review he is what is considered an exclusive rights free agent.

Here's a breakdown on what that means.... http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/pos...randon-marshall

I read elsewhere that they can offer him a minimum contract and he HAS to take it (meaning he can't negotiate).

That article goes on to say...

So ya, sadly Brandon Marshall isn't an option unless he pisses in someones cereal.

With them franchising D Thomas maybe there is a poison pill contract that could make it happen.

Gone for a couple of days and had to reread the thread. I was wondering about how big Fangio's NTs were and if I'm not mistaken Ricky Jean-Francois(sp?) was a draft pick of the 9ers for that position as well. If that is the case then we can't totally rule out resigning Paea who played the position in college.

As for Perryman, I agree he is not the most athletic guy on the field but the way he reacted and anticipated plays in the Hurricanes bowl game is what convinced me that he is going to be a goood ILB in the NFL.

Ricky Jean played DE for them, next to Isaac Sopoaga...Who is listed at 6'2" 330.

Yes, Vics NTs were smallish the past 2 years, but his first 2 years they had ^^^ that big ol chunk of meat, so I wouldn't rule out Shelton just because the last 2 years there were "smaller" guys playing the position. In fact, the best D they had over Vics 4 years was when big ol Sopoaga was in there. They gave up 14 PPG and 77 rushing yards per game. Last year those numbers were 21 and 100.

If by poison pill you mean Brandon Marshall poisons the entire Bronco front office then yes, maybe he becomes a free agent lol.

lol! You know what I meant and that is structuring an RFAs contract that makes it difficult to match and they just let him go and take whatever compensation is due.

lol! You know what I meant and that is structuring an RFAs contract that makes it difficult to match and they just let him go and take whatever compensation is due.

Sadly he's not a RFA, he's an "exclusive rights free agent". Again this means the he can only negotiate with the Broncos. The Broncos can give him the minimum and call it a day. We can't offer him anything that they have to match.

It's a unique label (ERFA) as the article I posted said.

Sadly he's not a RFA, he's an "exclusive rights free agent". Again this means the he can only negotiate with the Broncos. The Broncos can give him the minimum and call it a day. We can't offer him anything that they have to match.

It's a unique label (ERFA) as the article I posted said.

That almost sounds like that baseball crap which means they have control for ex amount of years. Not knowing the time he has in the league and the paramiters of the CBA I guess this is not an avenue to travel down.

That almost sounds like that baseball crap which means they have control for ex amount of years. Not knowing the time he has in the league and the paramiters of the CBA I guess this is not an avenue to travel down.

There are lots more players being released that has game. I wonder if we grab some older pros or stick to the youth movement I expect them to adhere to.

I think if there is a few leader type pros, maybe we sign a couple of guys over 30 to fed the new culture they with to establish.

There are lots more players being released that has game. I wonder if we grab some older pros or stick to the youth movement I expect them to adhere to.

I think if there is a few leader type pros, maybe we sign a couple of guys over 30 to fed the new culture they with to establish.

Curtis Lofton expected to be cut from NO. Pace knows him, had 144 tackles last year.

Another option with ties to the new leaders.

I'll revive this thread.....

Jason Cole ‏@JasonPhilCole 10h10 hours ago

Word is that Devin McCourty is looking for $9M per year, just like Jairus Byrd got from #Saints last year.

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 10h10 hours ago

If @JasonPhilCole report of McCourty's asking price at $9M per year is true, then most teams including the #Bears should make the push.

Absolutely agree.