Rumors and tidbits

Stinger226

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB Tyler Wilson (2013 fourth round pick of the Raiders out of Arkansas) will participate in the Bears' minicamp next week. So, there's that.

I liked him coming out of the draft. I think despite jumping around from a few bad teams he could still be better than a lot of the QBs in this draft.

Lol check his player comparison....

www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyler-wilson?id=2539201

He had the 17th and 27th best QBR in the nation the last two years (he played).

When these facts are combined with the number of quarterback-needy teams in the draft, it’s very likely that Wilson will ultimately be a top-15 pick.

I think the more darts we throw at the board the better chance more stick.

The draft is close at hand and here are some predictions I wish to put down.

I think we trade back for extra picks

I think we make a draft day deal - Will Sutton for a 6th or 7th round pick

I think we draft in no particular order WR-OL-QB-DE-OC-S-CB-RB (we pick up extra picks with trades)

I think we still add some more FAs after the draft to continues to remake the roster.

WR will be one of the first two picks.

Rumor making the rounds on twitter that the Rams want to move DL Michael Brockers and there's talk of a swap of Brockers & #10 to Bears for #7. Rams could go up and get White/Cooper. Bears add to DL and still in a position to get a good player. Brockers reportedly wants a new deal, but has had some injury problems. Also, not quite sure where Brockers fits in a 3-4, he's big (6'5" 325), but the draft reports I've seen list him as a better fit at 4-3 DT or possibly 3-4 end. Probably typical pre-draft smoke, just passing it along.

Rumor making the rounds on twitter that the Rams want to move DL Michael Brockers and there's talk of a swap of Brockers & #10 to Bears for #7. Rams could go up and get White/Cooper. Bears add to DL and still in a position to get a good player. Brockers reportedly wants a new deal, but has had some injury problems. Also, not quite sure where Brockers fits in a 3-4, he's big (6'5" 325), but the draft reports I've seen list him as a better fit at 4-3 DT or possibly 3-4 end. Probably typical pre-draft smoke, just passing it along.

this is the time of the year where you cant believe anything you hear. the front 3 in Vangio's defense is basically 3 DTs. So Im sure he would fit in at one of the spots.

Adam Schefter is reporting the Bears are listening to trade offers for Martellus Bennett who is not at mini camp and reportedly wanting a new contract.

Ha. Well, on top of trading Marshall, having Forte pissed off and then trading away Bennett... That would basically tell Jay his receivers are all gone. Bears brass to Cutler: "HEY JAY, GFY!!!"

I doubt this happens as I've heard this is a terrible draft for TE. We'll see.

Shane Ray DE/OLB Missouri was caught with weed this week and rumoor has it he will lose an entire round of draft stock since he will entire the league in the drug program. What are your thoughts at our pick in the second rd?

It's funny to me that everyone's first response to the Ray (and Gregory, and Collins, etc.) stuff is "how stupid can you be, this will drop him out of the first round", then the next reaction is "I hope our team can get him in the second." I am skeptical of any of those guys falling as far as people seem to think they will.

Shane Ray DE/OLB Missouri was caught with weed this week and rumoor has it he will lose an entire round of draft stock since he will entire the league in the drug program. What are your thoughts at our pick in the second rd?

[/quote

Anything done before he enters the league doesnt count. ONLY if he smokes after he is drafted. He will not make it pass the middle of the round.

It's funny to me that everyone's first response to the Ray (and Gregory, and Collins, etc.) stuff is "how stupid can you be, this will drop him out of the first round", then the next reaction is "I hope our team can get him in the second." I am skeptical of any of those guys falling as far as people seem to think they will.

Entering the league already on the substance abuse program means another violation and he immediately starts missing games. That's not the risk you want to take at #7 and by the time you get to Rd 2 the contract and guaranteed money makes the risk-reward calculation more in the team's favor.