Rumors and tidbits

Stinger226

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 8m8 minutes ago

Source: Teams showing 'serious interest' in impending unrestricted free agent DT Terrance 'Pot Roast' Knighton include OAK, WAS, IND & CHI.

Still think he follows Del Rio to Oakland, but glad we're showing interest.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another CB off the market:

With Jackson getting $8.5 and now Maxwell over $10, the bar looks pretty high for CB contracts.

Wow, the obscene contracts come out at this time, then 3 years later there cutting him because the money doesnt match the production

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 1m1 minute ago

#Bears in on both "@caplannfl: #Raiders source said team still trying to sign C Rodney Hudson. S. Wisniewski has several suitors lined up.”

Hope he's right. 2 of the best young centers in the league. Would gladly take either.

That would be nice.

With the activity we have had on this blog this weekend, I cant imagine what tues brings

I don't know. I'm thinking with Philly and Miami seemingly breaking the trend, we might see a flood of activitiy. First it was Miami, then like 2 hours later Philly. Who's next? If everyone is doing it . .. .

I read an article that someone posted on Twitter that most of these deals are done after the combine. Or at least after the combine, the agent walks away with 3 solid offers. In short, the negotiations are done before they officially start.

We might see a flood of activity now and then much action on Tuesday.

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 1m1 minute ago

#Bears in on both "@caplannfl: #Raiders source said team still trying to sign C Rodney Hudson. S. Wisniewski has several suitors lined up.”

Hope he's right. 2 of the best young centers in the league. Would gladly take either.

Yep. We could push Garza out to RG for one last season and move long to RT. That's an upgrade.

Yep. We could push Garza out to RG for one last season and move long to RT. That's an upgrade.

I would rather get a new tackle than move one of the best guards in the league to tackle. Garza can go to the bench and back up all three interior positions and extend his career.

It's reported that San Diego agreed to terms with Denver G/OT Orlando Franklin. This would be the 3rd team where there has been a leak about a signing.

My thought is that if these deals are done, why wait for the announcement? I hope they keep coming.

I don't know. I'm thinking with Philly and Miami seemingly breaking the trend, we might see a flood of activitiy. First it was Miami, then like 2 hours later Philly. Who's next? If everyone is doing it . .. .

I read an article that someone posted on Twitter that most of these deals are done after the combine. Or at least after the combine, the agent walks away with 3 solid offers. In short, the negotiations are done before they officially start.

We might see a flood of activity now and then much action on Tuesday.

In what fashion? Merely in the sense of we need a WR, or are we supposedly talking to him?

There's nothing on ESPN.com (I splurged for Insider so I could follow free agency and the draft).

That tells me it's just speculation. We dumped our pain in the ass WR. A pain in the ass WR just became available. Therfore we are interested.

It's reported that San Diego agreed to terms with Denver G/OT Orlando Franklin. This would be the 3rd team where there has been a leak about a signing.

My thought is that if these deals are done, why wait for the announcement? I hope they keep coming.

As per the Bleacherport, Jacksonville close to signing Denver TE Julius Thomas.

I think this is just the "negotiating period" and deals can't be announced/signed until Tuesday.

I think this is just the "negotiating period" and deals can't be announced/signed until Tuesday.

They cannot be signed until Tuesday. However, it's safe to assume that these deals have been agreed to and it's just a formality. Either side could back out at this point, but in most cases, why would they? Is someone going to offer Suh more than 116 million?

I wonder if Detroit was the team that broke the news to Mort about Suh? It's being reported that Detroit made a damn good offer. It just wasn't good enough.

maclin going to KC, KC going to release Bowe.

Might make a #2, although I never liked him(fantasy football)

Yep. There are lots of ok #2 WR's available. Bowe, Harvin, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Hartline, Crabtree . . . I'm assuming T Smith is going to San Fran

maclin going to KC, KC going to release Bowe.

Might make a #2, although I never liked him(fantasy football)

Hudson has been offered a 8 mil a year contract(rumor), sounds to rich for our blood

NE trying to sign McCourty before tues., if they give him decent money, why wouldnt he resign with NE