Rumors and tidbits

Stinger226

From a point of view of production BM was one of the top 7 Wrs in the league, but everything is not about on the field. 3 teams dumped him, in all those cases he has been productive. Why do teams keep getting rid of him?

He creates chaos, on a successful team , the atmosphere is better, you overcome it for awhile, but when your losers, he creates chaos. The most important thing to remember, when Pace and Fox were interviewing players, not one supported keeping him around. In the media, some talked him up, but behind closed doors they choose not to keep him. The proof, all of this is true, is they gave him away. You simply cant have a bad atmosphere in a locker room trying to instill a winning attitude from a new coach.

Was Eddie Royal over paid, of course he was. Look at the history of FA the first wave always turns out on the bad side of team money, but its fixing mistakes from drafting and the reality is there lack valve of money to production. He was worth 3 mil per year and he's getting 5. He fills a need, a competent slot WR, a good attitude , he makes this a better team for it but at a cost.

There are players still looking for money, in next four days you will start to find bargains. Parker and Foster have been offered contracts, if no one makes a money push,we will be seeing them sign this week.

Ones I would like to see here,obviously at our price:

WR: Cecil Shorts-Denarius Moore-Hakeem Nicks- some vets with upside

RB: Pierre Thomas(still has game)- Moreno(injuries a concern but is a RB committee role)-Daniel Thomas(has had some moments)

TE: Gersham(still has game at 27)-Rob Housler(good with hands, bad with blocks)-Jacob Tamme(history with Fox)

OL: Ryan Harris(average but much better than Mills)-Chad Rienhart(was a cap cut that at 30 can still help)-De La Puente( needs to be our starter at a cheap price)

DL: Red Byant-Vince Wolfork-Alex Carrington(we need some more fats guys that can still play)

ILB: Foster-Spikes-Irving(still need some options at this position)

CB: Perish Cox-Stephen Moore-Patrick Robinson-Shareece Wright( some younger guys that has upside)

S: Ron Parker-Stevie Brown-Kenrick Lewis( young guys with upside)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take him for 7 all day over 5 mill a year for Royal. Jets really look like they got a steal for Marshall considering his cap numbers.

Sure NYJ got a good deal, but there were other circumstances that led to the trade than just production, so comparing Marshall's number to salary is moot point.

Now comparing Britt and Royal is another story. I have always liked Britt and I would've loved to have seen him signed, but no way would I give him $7mil a year (I was thinking $4-5). There has to be some reason he has never lived up to his billing. Also, he is not a slot receiver and to diversify our WR corps, the slot was a bigger need. Lastly, just comparing performance over their careers, Britt's best season is 48 receptions (3 per game):

Britt - best season 48-748

Royal - best season 91-980, 2nd- 62-778, 3rd- 59-627

I also don't think Britt was ever truly available and STL seemed to give him a little bump in pay due to his $1mil salary from last year. So based on the market, Royal for $5 is a better value than Britt at $7. I will mark this thread and come back at the end of the year (to eat crow if I have to), but I believe the two receivers will put up comparable numbers this year with Royal having the edge in receptions for $2 mil less.

Sure NYJ got a good deal, but there were other circumstances that led to the trade than just production, so comparing Marshall's number to salary is moot point.

Now comparing Britt and Royal is another story. I have always liked Britt and I would've loved to have seen him signed, but no way would I give him $7mil a year (I was thinking $4-5). There has to be some reason he has never lived up to his billing. Also, he is not a slot receiver and to diversify our WR corps, the slot was a bigger need. Lastly, just comparing performance over their careers, Britt's best season is 48 receptions (3 per game):

Britt - best season 48-748

Royal - best season 91-980, 2nd- 62-778, 3rd- 59-627

I also don't think Britt was ever truly available and STL seemed to give him a little bump in pay due to his $1mil salary from last year. So based on the market, Royal for $5 is a better value than Britt at $7. I will mark this thread and come back at the end of the year (to eat crow if I have to), but I believe the two receivers will put up comparable numbers this year with Royal having the edge in receptions for $2 mil less.

well said

well said

Here is a draft I would have no problem with.

hicagofootball.com/2015/03/11/kevin-fishbain-chicago-bears-2015-nfl-mock-draft-1-0/apatwr0/

for some reason,it didnt open

1-Kevin White/WR

2-Nate Orchard/OLB

3-David Cobb/RB

4-David Rowe/CB

5-Jake Ryan/ISB

6-Max Garcia/OC

hicagofootball.com/2015/03/11/kevin-fishbain-chicago-bears-2015-nfl-mock-draft-1-0/apatwr0/

1-Kevin White/WR

2-Nate Orchard/OLB

3-David Cobb/RB

4-David Rowe/CB

5-Jake Ryan/ISB

6-Max Garcia/OC

I would hope that given our holes we could do better in the third round than go after competition for a backup RB who did a fine job last year.

I would hope that given our holes we could do better in the third round than go after competition for a backup RB who did a fine job last year.

I think that is a need, Denver and NO used RB by committee in their rushing game, and this will probably be Fortes last year.

1-Kevin White/WR

2-Nate Orchard/OLB

3-David Cobb/RB

4-David Rowe/CB

5-Jake Ryan/ISB

6-Max Garcia/OC

If trade Forte, I love it.

I'm in the same boat here.

Denver wasn't really RB by committee last year. If you go through the game logs Montee Ball got the bulk of the carries, about 20 carries a game, and the backup got about 5 carries a game. Then when Ball got injured, Ronnie Hillman stepped in and the carries were distributed about the same. Then Hillman got hurt and CJ Anderson took over.

It may look like a RB by committee when looking at the season stat sheet, but when you really look at it that's only because 2 RBs got hurt.

Perhaps its my blind faith in these "Prospects" (see Wilson love), but I also think people are sleeping on Carey. Remember, ourlads, the scouting website that sends out books on prospects had Carey ranked as their top RB in the draft at one point.

We could use some depth at RB though, but I'd go 5th round at the earliest. MAYBE the 4th if they plug in a few more guys on defense.

I'm in the same boat here.

Denver wasn't really RB by committee last year. If you go through the game logs Montee Ball got the bulk of the carries, about 20 carries a game, and the backup got about 5 carries a game. Then when Ball got injured, Ronnie Hillman stepped in and the carries were distributed about the same. Then Hillman got hurt and CJ Anderson took over.

It may look like a RB by committee when looking at the season stat sheet, but when you really look at it that's only because 2 RBs got hurt.

Perhaps its my blind faith in these "Prospects" (see Wilson love), but I also think people are sleeping on Carey. Remember, ourlads, the scouting website that sends out books on prospects had Carey ranked as their top RB in the draft at one point.

We could use some depth at RB though, but I'd go 5th round at the earliest. MAYBE the 4th if they plug in a few more guys on defense.

Your right about that for last year, but in the past they have had 3 RBs that seen a good amount of playing, which could be by injury or production.

Kyle ‏@Ky1eLong 17m17 minutes ago

I want to redefine the guard position

So, those who think we may move him to OT might not get their wish if he gets what he wants.

With the success he's had their I'm ok with that.

I also seen a interview that he states he is open to moving to LT(more money)

He will excel where ever he is, but I think it matters what the coaches want.(we dont know that yet)

He will excel where ever he is, but I think it matters what the coaches want.(we dont know that yet)

Interesting, because here's another tweet he replied to..

@br3putt33: @Ky1eLong right tackle>>>>$$$$”I don't necessarily think moving to tackle correlates directly with top dollar.. All about play

I bolded his part for those that don't do twitter.

He said he had a dream of being a tackle in one interview or he dreamed of being a tackle, been a while and I forget the wording.

Interesting, because here's another tweet he replied to..

@br3putt33: @Ky1eLong right tackle>>>>$$$$”I don't necessarily think moving to tackle correlates directly with top dollar.. All about play

I bolded his part for those that don't do twitter.

I injected the more money thing, as a conclusion of the total interview that was happening. that is why I had it in brackets.

I injected the more money thing, as a conclusion of the total interview that was happening. that is why I had it in brackets.

Just since an interview with Parker and he said Bears were in the same ballpark with the valve of the contract. Said he was impressed with the brass here, KC gave more money so he went back.

I would say maybe we offered 4-15?

Just since an interview with Parker and he said Bears were in the same ballpark with the valve of the contract. Said he was impressed with the brass here, KC gave more money so he went back.

I would say maybe we offered 4-15?

Cris Borlander is retiring from football after just one year. Doesnt want to lose his brain.

Lol I've grown to lo love your misspellings....Is it all an act?

Chris Borland....And wow, hope this doesn't become and epidemic. I understand it as a human being, but as a fan it would suck.

Thank God there still is enough boneheads that want to play football, but some will take the high road. Smart for him bad for football.

Thank God there still is enough boneheads that want to play football, but some will take the high road. Smart for him bad for football.

First off, everyone is created differently and some can handle the rigors of a physical game like football. Borland could not for whatever reason, sometimes physical and sometimes it's more the mental aspect. It's not that uncommon for players to quit in their prime although most certainly go more than 1 year in the NFL before calling it quits.

First off, everyone is created differently and some can handle the rigors of a physical game like football. Borland could not for whatever reason, sometimes physical and sometimes it's more the mental aspect. It's not that uncommon for players to quit in their prime although most certainly go more than 1 year in the NFL before calling it quits.

Bears sign LS Thomas Gafford(hey its news)

Matt Miller from BR gave his final big board for this draft. Think he does a good job.

Everybody lists Winston and Mariota as top prospects and I dont get it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2402178...tm_campaign=nfl

I seen one scenario where we trade with Saints who with trying to cut salary, our 7th and 5th round for Cameron Jordon/DE/6 mil-13th pick and 3rd round pick.