Rumors and tidbits

Stinger226

I feel the exact same way. I like that draft a lot. I know some would throw a fit about going offense-offense, but I like it. Also not a fan of McCarthy, unless we're talking Jenny, and it's the late 90s.

There are a lot of idiots out there. Was reading a story about the Bears on NFL Spinzone and the writer remarked that McPhee will fit better in the 3-4 than when he played for Tucker in the 4-3.

The idiot doesnt even know he played for Ravens last year. Some of these experts actually suck. Some much smarter people on here than on some of those websites.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of idiots out there. Was reading a story about the Bears on NFL Spinzone and the writer remarked that McPhee will fit better in the 3-4 than when he played for Tucker in the 4-3.

The idiot doesnt even know he played for Ravens last year. Some of these experts actually suck. Some much smarter people on here than on some of those websites.

Here is the best article I have seen that shows us the valve of our players in the 3-4 under Fangio.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2015/3/26...c-fangio-scheme

Here is the best article I have seen that shows us the valve of our players in the 3-4 under Fangio.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2015/3/26...c-fangio-scheme

I am shocked that SMC will not be a OLB, he was a OLB in a 3-4 in college and seemed to be his natural fit. Maybe he will be playing the ILB spot that geared towards coverage.

I guess it will help in hiding where the rushers are coming from, he can rush the passer from multiple spots.

I am shocked that SMC will not be a OLB, he was a OLB in a 3-4 in college and seemed to be his natural fit. Maybe he will be playing the ILB spot that geared towards coverage.

I guess it will help in hiding where the rushers are coming from, he can rush the passer from multiple spots.

To be honest, dont think he even makes the team. If cut his contract goes to 1.8 mil. dead money. but if he cant play, why keep he around.

Aaron Leming - From what I've been told, don't rule out C Stefen Wisniewski. Once again would be a 1 year deal due to health concerns. #Bears

11:51am - 27 Mar 15

Man...this would be a really fantastic move if it happened. I would hope if things panned out with some of these guys, we'd be able to potentially use some cap room and extend them in season (i.e., if Stefen proves he is healthy, you extend him sometime during the season for a few years, get the benefit of sprinkling some of the impacts over this years cap + knowledge of knowing you don't have a million free agents at the end of the season).

Man...this would be a really fantastic move if it happened. I would hope if things panned out with some of these guys, we'd be able to potentially use some cap room and extend them in season (i.e., if Stefen proves he is healthy, you extend him sometime during the season for a few years, get the benefit of sprinkling some of the impacts over this years cap + knowledge of knowing you don't have a million free agents at the end of the season).

That would be a great move, read that the reason they are not resigning DLP is because he doesnt read defenses well, and the center has to do that. Read about some health issues with SW, must be something if he isnt signed yet.

That would be a great move, read that the reason they are not resigning DLP is because he doesnt read defenses well, and the center has to do that. Read about some health issues with SW, must be something if he isnt signed yet.

Here is a draft off of Windy city gridiron with lots of trades. Wouldnt mind if it went this way.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2015/3/27...ound-mock-draft

I would love this signing. Wisniewski didn't grade out at PFF, but Oakland makes most players bad (18 of their free agents had a negative grade).

Is Wisniewski hurt? He played in 16 games last year and it looks like he has only missed 3 in his entire career.

I would love this signing. Wisniewski didn't grade out at PFF, but Oakland makes most players bad (18 of their free agents had a negative grade).

Is Wisniewski hurt? He played in 16 games last year and it looks like he has only missed 3 in his entire career.

He had a surgery after the season, shoulder I think?

Bring him in, if there is a problem of him not being on the field our fall back can be Garza.

To be honest, I would wait until after the draft on this one if he lasts. A torn labrum may redshirt him for part of the season or limit his ability. Last year PFF ranked him 22 out of 32 Centers also. If we think Grasu or Dismukes are better options and one can be taken in Round 3, we should consider that. Or if for some chance Cameron Erving is available in round 2, he has more flexibility on playing anywhere along the line.

Using those picks, and going off of WFs mock, I'd probably go with...

1R- Landon Collins S- That's right, Shelton's still on the board and I'm passing. I don't really like Collins at 7, but in a trade down scenario even just 5 spots, I'd take him. I read up more on Collins, as I completely shat on him after his Bowl game, and I'm thinking this could be a good pick here. Working with Fox and Donatel should help him out wrinkle out some of his lapses in coverage.

2R- Kevin Johnson CB- I think Ball could be a good player, but I'm not counting on him being a starter. Give me Johnson here.

2R- Jake Fisher OT- I really think we HAVE to get an OT in the first few rounds of the draft. Fisher makes a ton of sense here.

3R- Tyler Locket WR- Gase utilized 2 WRs under 6 foot last year so size isn't a must here. Lockett becomes a potential Pro Bowl return man and another serious deep threat.

4R- Henry Anderson DE- I think he'll need to put on some weight and get stronger, but if he can do that we could be talking about our 5T of the future.

4R- Mitch Morse OC- Here's a name ya don't here much. He's a guy like Cameron Irving who could play anywhere on the line, after Irving and Grasu I like Morse more than guys like Dismukes and Galik.

5R- Xavier Williams NT- Was a man among boys at Northern Iowa. He won't dominate the NFL like he did the Missouri Valley, but he still looks like he could be a good NT.

5R- Brandon Bridge QB- There's your QB prospect to groom.

6R- Best RB available

6R- Best ILB available

10 picks and not one of them is an OT or a safety??? A rb in the 2R?? Ya, no thanks on all that. The only dream about that draft is getting all those picks sure would be nifty.

CBS sports top 100 prospects:

#12 = Trae Waynes CB (Rather have Vic Beasley #5 rated)

#22 = Melvin Gordon RB

#40 = Jordan Phillips NT

#81 = Phillip Dorsett WR

Haha, hopefully they take Gurley 1 and Gordon 2 and name them Nifty Crue.

Defense-

DT-Rat/Anderson/Sutton

NT-Ego/Rat/Williams

DT-McDonald/Jenkins

OLB- McPhee/Young/Washington

ILB- Foster/SMC

ILB- Bostic/Jones

OLB- Houston/Young/Allen

CB1- Fuller/Louis-Jean

FS- Collins/Vereen

SS- Rolle/Mundy

CB2- Johnson/Ball

NB- Jennings/Hurst/Mitchell

Offense

QB- Cutler/Clausen/Bridge

RB- Forte/Carey/6R

WR- Jeffery/Royal/Lockett/Wilson/Chiles/Bellamy

TE- Bennett/Rosario/Miller

LT- Fisher/Ola/Mills

LG- Slaus/Ducasse/Groy

OC- Morse/Garza

RG- Long/Ducasse/Groy

RT- Bushrod/Ola/Mills

CBS sports top 100 prospects:

#12 = Trae Waynes CB (Rather have Vic Beasley #5 rated)

#22 = Melvin Gordon RB

#40 = Jordan Phillips NT

#81 = Phillip Dorsett WR

Haha, hopefully they take Gurley 1 and Gordon 2 and name them Nifty Crue.

The names aren't bad, the lack of an OT and a safety is what irks me.

IF they do a running back by commitee, you don't do it with 2 featured backs, it's a waste.

The names aren't bad, the lack of an OT and a safety is what irks me.

IF they do a running back by commitee, you don't do it with 2 featured backs, it's a waste.

I am just razzing you now. If they took a RB in the 2nd, I would be fine as long as it was Gordon or Gurley. I would prefer defense.

My personal 'diamond in the rough' last year was Sweet Willie Young. This year I'm going with Bellamy. Haven't decided a moniker yet. I'll have to see how he does. I like him as a #2 receiver.

Young was a good player last year, but hanging your hat on Bellamy is quite (not going to happen) a bad choice.

Using those picks, and going off of WFs mock, I'd probably go with...

1R- Landon Collins S- That's right, Shelton's still on the board and I'm passing. I don't really like Collins at 7, but in a trade down scenario even just 5 spots, I'd take him. I read up more on Collins, as I completely shat on him after his Bowl game, and I'm thinking this could be a good pick here. Working with Fox and Donatel should help him out wrinkle out some of his lapses in coverage.

2R- Kevin Johnson CB- I think Ball could be a good player, but I'm not counting on him being a starter. Give me Johnson here.

2R- Jake Fisher OT- I really think we HAVE to get an OT in the first few rounds of the draft. Fisher makes a ton of sense here.

3R- Tyler Locket WR- Gase utilized 2 WRs under 6 foot last year so size isn't a must here. Lockett becomes a potential Pro Bowl return man and another serious deep threat.

4R- Henry Anderson DE- I think he'll need to put on some weight and get stronger, but if he can do that we could be talking about our 5T of the future.

4R- Mitch Morse OC- Here's a name ya don't here much. He's a guy like Cameron Irving who could play anywhere on the line, after Irving and Grasu I like Morse more than guys like Dismukes and Galik.

5R- Xavier Williams NT- Was a man among boys at Northern Iowa. He won't dominate the NFL like he did the Missouri Valley, but he still looks like he could be a good NT.

5R- Brandon Bridge QB- There's your QB prospect to groom.

6R- Best RB available

6R- Best ILB available

I like that draft a lot except for Collins, I dont think he is going to be a special player to be drafting that high. He might be the best safety, but dont think he will be a all pro type and that is what that pick should be. I would love the rest of the draft. Dont know if Dupree was available but would take him instead of Collins.

here is a review of Collins:

http://nflmocks.com/2015/03/27/landon-coll...uting-report-2/

I like that draft a lot except for Collins, I dont think he is going to be a special player to be drafting that high. He might be the best safety, but dont think he will be a all pro type and that is what that pick should be. I would love the rest of the draft. Dont know if Dupree was available but would take him instead of Collins.

here is a review of Collins:

http://nflmocks.com/2015/03/27/landon-coll...uting-report-2/

Just read an article by Micheal wright that mentioned the Bears are considering moving Long to OT instead of waiting. Means they may be looking at OG with a draft pick instead of OT.

Also , I have read several people mention Collins is not good in coverage. In 2 years he has 13 pds and 5 int, which probable puts him in a medium spot for those stats.