49ers taking calls on Kaepernick

dawhizz

I find that hard to believe. Kaep wasn't very good last year and with his mechanics it's hard to say if he'll ever put it all together but who else are they going with unless they really are interested in a Cutler/Kaep trade.

I find that hard to believe. Kaep wasn't very good last year and with his mechanics it's hard to say if he'll ever put it all together but who else are they going with unless they really are interested in a Cutler/Kaep trade.

Would they acquire Kap and cut Cutler? Since Pace knows the QB is the most important position on the field, may be trying to be creative. Why would SF do that? There is still not many options out there for a starting QB.

Let's pray this is not true. All the stuff people complain about with Cutler would be minimal compared to this guy. Unless of course you want Fox and company to switch to a wishbone.

Don't want him either.

Pace brought up the importance of having a strong leader at QB as he had in New Orleans with Drew Brees. Colin Kaepernick is no where near the type of QB that Brees is. Not by a long shot! Its kind of funny how he has yet to mention any sort of commitment to Jay Cutler. I'm starting to believe they may either be cutting him or trading him soon. If not, it can be one of those Chicago White Sox situations where they wait a year to let the big contracts thin out a bit before they can trade or cut him AFTER the season. (Adam Dunn and Alex Rios contracts). Regardless if its this March or next March, Cutler's time here is dwindling down.

It goes to show that signing average to below average players to max talent contracts is a ridiculous move that can hurt a franchise for a very long time.

Ya, no thanks on Kaep.

If Cutler is here in 2 days, he's here all year, and I bet he's here. I wouldn't discount the fact that Jay and Gase are close and wanna work together. If he's here I don't think it's because they can't move him, I think it'd be because they wanna give him a shot to work with Gase.

Ya, no thanks on Kaep.

If Cutler is here in 2 days, he's here all year, and I bet he's here. I wouldn't discount the fact that Jay and Gase are close and wanna work together. If he's here I don't think it's because they can't move him, I think it'd be because they wanna give him a shot to work with Gase.

If Kaep was still on his rookie contract I might think about this. But given we'd be trading problem contracts, no thanks. Hell, I think Jay is the more talented of the two with both appearing to be head cases of equal idiocy. Kaep is younger so there's a bit more hope for him, I suppose.

If Jay survives the week as a Bear, this season is his last to prove he's capable of producing the numbers his contract demands. Then, if he has a great year, our issue will be that Gase will likely be hired away as a HC because he's the guy who finally got Jay to get his head out of his ass. And then we'll be starting over with Jay's 19th offense or some shit.

Per Jayson Braddock on Twitter. Bears have called, as have Eagles. Surely we would have to throw something else in in a Kaep for Cutler trade?

I'm amazed that for so many who hate Cutler, there is so many who hate Kaep. Two years ago the debate was who was better: RG3, Russell Wilson, or Kaep.

I guess I'm saying I hope we keep Cutler . . .

Let's pray this is not true. All the stuff people complain about with Cutler would be minimal compared to this guy. Unless of course you want Fox and company to switch to a wishbone.

I dont think that will happen, but if it did, his contract is not guaranteed after this year. It would be one and done, and give us the opportunity to get out from under Cutlers contract.

I'm amazed that for so many who hate Cutler, there is so many who hate Kaep. Two years ago the debate was who was better: RG3, Russell Wilson, or Kaep.

I guess I'm saying I hope we keep Cutler . . .

Its not a hate thing, its such a blowed up contract, it just isnt worth that money. He is a 15-20 ranked QB that likes turnovers. Some are better, many are worst than him. He is a QB that is not a leader on a team. Your QB needs to be a leader,so if we are starting a new remaking of the team and in 2 or 3 years when we get good, he wont be our QB. So why not start now, rid our self of his contract and develop a QB we grab next year or the year after.