Mort: Cutler will be the Bears QB

DABEARSDABOMB

Terra: the bears will be shitty again

Hahah...

Although I don't necessarily share the EXACT same sentiment as Terra I do have my doubts (obviously). Green Bay is certainly happy he's staying.

This will be his last time to try and prove himself. I don't know that he will fail or succeed I just hope he doesn't suck.

He will be what he has always been. Just good enough to break our hearts...

Hahah...

Although I don't necessarily share the EXACT same sentiment as Terra I do have my doubts (obviously). Green Bay is certainly happy he's staying.

This will be his last time to try and prove himself. I don't know that he will fail or succeed I just hope he doesn't suck.

Maybe this coaching staff will FINALLY put all the pieces together, namely that:

A - The OL needs to protect Jay so he doesn't get jumpy

B - The OL needs talent to accomplish A

C - The OC needs to use Jay's ability to move outside of the pocket

D - The OC needs to have a good balance of run/pass

E - The defense needs to be something better than horrible

All those have been done to some degree by former coaching staff...but C. That could prove to be the biggest possibility for expecting something other than failure.

If any of our prior or present staffs could do it, this current one is the one...

Maybe this coaching staff will FINALLY put all the pieces together, namely that:

All true. Let's face it, no QB is going to overcome the blowouts that ended our season last year. Week in and week out giving up 40 to 50 points. There were games earlier in the year where better coaching decisions, better scheme and yes, better QB play could've gotten us wins but there were games we won where worst QB play could've lost those.

On top of that, everyone (including me) bitches about Jay being paid top money but not putting up numbers to deserve it. And those gripes are legit. But ASIDE FROM INTERCEPTIONS Cutler put up numbers that would've put him in the top 10 at QB last season. Yes, last season! The worse in recent memory for Bears fans and if Jay would've played in the one game they sat him, he would've been borderline top ten in passing yards. Obviously the picks, the idiotic decisions, etc need to be minimized and perhaps good coaching, more balance, better line play will help with that.

If it weren't for the unbelievably tough schedule next year I'd say with a revamped D we could see a quick turnaround. It's far too early to predict anything about 2015 but we might be pleasantly surprised that we don't completely suck shit.

The exact same thing you and I (and Jason and a few others) have been saying all along. There isn't a better answer available and you probably shouldn't "sell low" given that he's worked with Gase before.

i was thinking this same this earlier today. There is not any better option out there so i guess just stick with him. I like what this management and coaching staff are doing so far so i will not question them over this.

i was thinking this same this earlier today. There is not any better option out there so i guess just stick with him. I like what this management and coaching staff are doing so far so i will not question them over this.

I maintain, I easily take Cutler over half the QB's in the league. The exchange of bad between Philly and St. Louis just highlights that. Blech.

Was the trade of BM more of a supportive move for Cutler since Brandon was trashing Jay last season? Perhaps the new regime is make an example out of Marshall?

I maintain, I easily take Cutler over half the QB's in the league. The exchange of bad between Philly and St. Louis just highlights that. Blech.

I agree and no matter what the average meat head bears fan thinks about Cutler, I will support him until the day he is not a Bear.

Was the trade of BM more of a supportive move for Cutler since Brandon was trashing Jay last season? Perhaps the new regime is make an example out of Marshall?

IF they were really trying to move Jay, then trading B because he bad mouthed Jay wouldn't make any sense.

I believe the report put out there saying that he's rubbed the staff the wrong way since they got here. The past has somethings to do with it, but I think it stretched beyond that into what was going on here in 2015.

I think it was for a multitude of reasons. Redundant skill set with Alshon, cap space, team chemistry, dedication to football (ie tv show), among other things.

Don't know if anyone else caught Mort on Carmen and Silvy (I believe, was AM1000, about an hour ago), but his sources said the Bears never tried to trade Cutler. Said they would of entertained calls, but weren't actively trying to trade him.

Another fun part of it that you guys will get a kick out of.....He said if Shanny never left the Broncos Cutler would have 7 pro bowl appearances and a super bowl ring.

Don't know if anyone else caught Mort on Carmen and Silvy (I believe, was AM1000, about an hour ago), but his sources said the Bears never tried to trade Cutler. Said they would of entertained calls, but weren't actively trying to trade him.

Another fun part of it that you guys will get a kick out of.....He said if Shanny never left the Broncos Cutler would have 7 pro bowl appearances and a super bowl ring.

That's a bold statement about Cutty and Shanny.......... I have always been a firm believer that if the Bears had put him in the right situation he could have been great. I thought last year was that right situation. Who knows how much of it was because of dysfunction created by Trestmand and staff.

I'm not making any excuses for Cutler but he has never really been in a good situation since joining the Bears.

JA hosed that up by never getting him a supporting cast or Olineman(Ill never forget the game against the Giants wee Cutler was sacked 8 times in the first half), Lovie could never get a good OC then Emery hosed up by hiring Trestman.

Yeah right. Same could be said if either McDaniels or Fox (whoever it was) had been able to continue working with Tebow we'd have seen the second coming of Belichick/Brady. :banghead

That's a bold statement about Cutty and Shanny.......... I have always been a firm believer that if the Bears had put him in the right situation he could have been great. I thought last year was that right situation. Who knows how much of it was because of dysfunction created by Trestmand and staff.

I'm not making any excuses for Cutler but he has never really been in a good situation since joining the Bears.

JA hosed that up by never getting him a supporting cast or Olineman(Ill never forget the game against the Giants wee Cutler was sacked 8 times in the first half), Lovie could never get a good OC then Emery hosed up by hiring Trestman.

It was a good situation last year until the OL started to get banged up and ultimately sucked.

I don't know about 7 pro bowls and all of that, but I don't think its crazy to say he would have gotten a few more. Shanny seemed to know how to utilize his strengths by rolling him out of the pocket a ton. He was also only sacked 11 times his pro bowl year.....38 times in 2 years. The same number of times he was sacked last year.

Yeah right. Same could be said if either McDaniels or Fox (whoever it was) had been able to continue working with Tebow we'd have seen the second coming of Belichick/Brady. :banghead

Yaaaa, no. You realize Tebow completed just 47% of his passes the year he started? Jay actually DID go to a pro bowl under Shanny.

It was a good situation last year until the OL started to get banged up and ultimately sucked.

I don't know about 7 pro bowls and all of that, but I don't think its crazy to say he would have gotten a few more. Shanny seemed to know how to utilize his strengths by rolling him out of the pocket a ton. He was also only sacked 11 times his pro bowl year.....38 times in 2 years. The same number of times he was sacked last year.

You are right about the it being a good situation last year but once the Oline broke down the entire Offense went to shit. The play calling didn't help the offense any.

I have seen tape broken down of some of Jay's mistakes last year under Trestman. He definitely missed some reads but I will add that Trestmans play calling was terrible last year.

It was very predictable. The two added together with bad oline play = the pile of shit we saw.

Shanny did roll him out which a lot of guys here have screamed for the Bears to do ever since we got him. No clue why neither Lovie's or Trestman's coaches did this.

I hope for our sake that Gase does 1. Run the ball first 2. Roll Jay out or put him the best position to be successful 3. Break Jay of the turnover habits

If he does that we could see Jay play out his contract.

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 16m16 minutes ago

Pace continues to insist the #Bears never explored trading Jay Cutler.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 16m16 minutes ago

On Jay Cutler: I spoke with as many QB-needy teams as I could to see if #Bears GM Ryan Pace tried to trade Cutler. None said he did.

Consistent with what Mort said.

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 16m16 minutes ago

Pace continues to insist the #Bears never explored trading Jay Cutler.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 16m16 minutes ago

On Jay Cutler: I spoke with as many QB-needy teams as I could to see if #Bears GM Ryan Pace tried to trade Cutler. None said he did.

Consistent with what Mort said.

CUTLER KOOLAID>>>> :drink SCS