Laymans thoughts on picks.

mondonico

For this draft to be an upgrade from past drafts.

Pick 1. A no brainer once Cooper and Williams were gone. However, anything less then a B. Marshall career will turn what could be a great pick into just another Bears failure at first round WR's.

2. Filled the biggest need on D with a better be starter day one. Meaning he will start on first downs and running downs first year. Will rotate with a few others but should be our Wilfork for the next ten years or another bust.

3. A mild manner Krutz. He won't punch out team mates only opposing tackles. May start year one or learn for a year then a ten year anchor. Same as Goldman.

4. Not sure. A younger cheaper Forte? Not as the only back but sharing the load with another back or two. Just don't see Forte here after this year for the price he wants.

5. and 6. Both need to be starters in two or three years. Amos must be a good special teamer to make the team first year. Fabuluje at best will be a practice player for a year or two.

Yea, I know pretty simple. Picks must perform. But I don't see how they over thought any picks. Just a half dozen long term college starters who are smart and love the game. Throw in a few Grabowskis and a pretty boy. Hopefully six future Bears football players.

Yea, I know pretty simple. Picks must perform. But I don't see how they over thought any picks. Just a half dozen long term college starters who are smart and love the game. Throw in a few Grabowskis and a pretty boy. Hopefully six future Bears football players.

No you're right, Pace did good. Nothing too risky or flashy. Outside of White he kept it between the lines and found some good fill for the holes that were open. When you pick your first rounder in the top 10 you have to get a year one starter. Pace did that.

For this draft to be an upgrade from past drafts. Pick 1. A no brainer once Cooper and Williams were gone. However, anything less then a B. Marshall career will turn what could be a great pick into just another Bears failure at first round WR's. 2. Filled the biggest need on D with a better be starter day one. Meaning he will start on first downs and running downs first year. Will rotate with a few others but should be our Wilfork for the next ten years or another bust. 3. A mild manner Krutz. He won't punch out team mates only opposing tackles. May start year one or learn for a year then a ten year anchor. Same as Goldman. 4. Not sure. A younger cheaper Forte? Not as the only back but sharing the load with another back or two. Just don't see Forte here after this year for the price he wants. 5. and 6. Both need to be starters in two or three years. Amos must be a good special teamer to make the team first year. Fabuluje at best will be a practice player for a year or two.

I disagree about White having a B Marshall career because of him being on 4 teams and accomplishing whatever stats he has compiled and being somewhat of a locker room cancer every where he has gone. The Bears were Marshall's 3rd team and what my wishes for White is that he produces like Marshall but has a much longer and more productive career than Marshall here.

For any draft the goal should be 3 starters and 2 subs. I believe we will have that with this draft. We actually have a chance for 4 or even 5 depending in Langford.

What I still find amazing about Marshall is that he has never played in a playoff game, has only played 2 seasons on a team with a winning record, and has only lasted 3 yrs on any team.

For this draft to be an upgrade from past drafts.

Pick 1. A no brainer once Cooper and Williams were gone. However, anything less then a B. Marshall career will turn what could be a great pick into just another Bears failure at first round WR's.

I can't remember how much cap space we freed up when we traded Marshall but when you evaluate that deal you will have to include McPhee, or Rolle, along with White's contributions minus whatever player we could have had in the 7th Rd and/or the idea of having Marshall and Vic Beasley (since we could have also drafted another position. I think we'll come out ahead.

I can't remember how much cap space we freed up when we traded Marshall but when you evaluate that deal you will have to include McPhee, or Rolle, along with White's contributions minus whatever player we could have had in the 7th Rd and/or the idea of having Marshall and Vic Beasley (since we could have also drafted another position. I think we'll come out ahead.

No, the Bears only saved 3 or 4 million by trading marshall. McPhee and Rolle are well over that. Even said so, Beasley is a better prospect than McPhee and Rolle will retire in a year or 2. He is old for a Safety, and will likely show it this year. If White isn't a bust, his production the next few years won't be near a non ijury year for Marshall.

I just don't see a way that White and 3 or 4 million is better than Marshall and Beasley, unless you are looking 6 years down the road.

No, the Bears only saved 3 or 4 million by trading marshall. McPhee and Rolle are well over that. Even said so, Beasley is a better prospect than McPhee and Rolle will retire in a year or 2. He is old for a Safety, and will likely show it this year. If White isn't a bust, his production the next few years won't be near a non ijury year for Marshall.

I just don't see a way that White and 3 or 4 million is better than Marshall and Beasley, unless you are looking 6 years down the road.

Brandon Marshall is 31 years old and soon to be 32. He is starting to have nagging injuries, this is last years stats:

2014 CHI 13 13 61 721 11.8 47 8

PLUS his personality wears on players (4th team in career) he creates chaos where ever he goes. I dont give a shit about all of that, but when Pace and Fox were interviewing players, there were only a few that didnt want him to leave.

You have to read between the lines, old, nagging injuries, creates chaos.

We have a new regime, trying to rebuild a bad team. What great things did we do with Marshall on the team. 8-8 and 5-11. I dont think he was the great player you think he was.

White brings an aspect we didnt have on the team last year, a big WR with speed. We were going to add that element whether Marshalled stayed or not, so that would have detracted us from grabbing someone else in taking a speed WR in the draft, because FAgency didnt have that person to grab.

Conclusion: Marshall needed to be gone whether you agree with it or not.

He saved us 4 mil and that money was used to upgrade our defense which totally sucked.

Wait and see what happens in NY when he doesnt get 150 balls thrown his way. Watch that party.

Rolle is a durable , leader type player that sevres several needs. Better safety play, leader on defense and a great work ethic. He basically took Peanuts place but has a history of being healthy, not something you can say about

Tillman the last two years. Tillman is two years older.

We cant predict what the difference between Marshall and Beasley is worth compared to White and Pernell, because it cant ever happen.

If we become a winning football team that is all I care about, I dont care how we get there. 4 playoffs spots in the last 19 years is just not good enough.

Brandon Marshall is 31 years old and soon to be 32. He is starting to have nagging injuries, this is last years stats:

2014 CHI 13 13 61 721 11.8 47 8

PLUS his personality wears on players (4th team in career) he creates chaos where ever he goes. I dont give a shit about all of that, but when Pace and Fox were interviewing players, there were only a few that didnt want him to leave.

You have to read between the lines, old, nagging injuries, creates chaos.

We have a new regime, trying to rebuild a bad team. What great things did we do with Marshall on the team. 8-8 and 5-11. I dont think he was the great player you think he was.

White brings an aspect we didnt have on the team last year, a big WR with speed. We were going to add that element whether Marshalled stayed or not, so that would have detracted us from grabbing someone else in taking a speed WR in the draft, because FAgency didnt have that person to grab.

Conclusion: Marshall needed to be gone whether you agree with it or not.

He saved us 4 mil and that money was used to upgrade our defense which totally sucked.

Wait and see what happens in NY when he doesnt get 150 balls thrown his way. Watch that party.

Rolle is a durable , leader type player that sevres several needs. Better safety play, leader on defense and a great work ethic. He basically took Peanuts place but has a history of being healthy, not something you can say about

Tillman the last two years. Tillman is two years older.

We cant predict what the difference between Marshall and Beasley is worth compared to White and Pernell, because it cant ever happen.

If we become a winning football team that is all I care about, I dont care how we get there. 4 playoffs spots in the last 19 years is just not good enough.

I think you are short changing Marshall as a teammate and talent wise. He is the most elite WR in the teams history. He was a big part of the success in Trestman's system that had the Bears second in the league in scoring. He did his part, and a WR doesn't have much say in the win loss record. Sometimes they can buy you a win like Marshall's 3 TD game against the 49er's while injured, but they don't effect the game like a QB.

If not for Marshall, Jeffery would be an offensive pass interference waiting to happen. He took him under his wing and the improvement was dramatic. He took the initiative to have the other Bennet, Wilson, Forte, and Cutler to meet in the off-season and practice in Florida. He was a high character guy for the Bears and dedicated to being successful here, despite rubbing the ownership the wrong way.

Character and distractions went out the window as soon as the Bears signed McDonald.

I think you are short changing Marshall as a teammate and talent wise. He is the most elite WR in the teams history. He was a big part of the success in Trestman's system that had the Bears second in the league in scoring. He did his part, and a WR doesn't have much say in the win loss record. Sometimes they can buy you a win like Marshall's 3 TD game against the 49er's while injured, but they don't effect the game like a QB.

If not for Marshall, Jeffery would be an offensive pass interference waiting to happen. He took him under his wing and the improvement was dramatic. He took the initiative to have the other Bennet, Wilson, Forte, and Cutler to meet in the off-season and practice in Florida. He was a high character guy for the Bears and dedicated to being successful here, despite rubbing the ownership the wrong way.

Character and distractions went out the window as soon as the Bears signed McDonald.

I agree with this. In terms of locker room BS, he may have been a distraction, but there is no denying he is elite. Having him in the roster drastically alters how the Bears draft, or trade during the draft. Maybe if they have a vet WR like BM it gives them more reason the push for Mariota? On second thought, I'm glad they dumped him.

Did you hear the 45 minute rambling press conference Marshall gave on abuse during the season (against the Bears wishes)? I knew then he would most likely be gone.

Peace :dabears

The problem with B is he was apparently being a locker room "Cancer". McDonald has been around Fangio for 4 years now, and I'm sure he had a lot of input on the type of guy he really is in the locker room.

Its different IMO. Plus type whole McDonald thing screams "Money grab" on the females part. If you were raped why the hell would you spend the day with that man the next day?

I agree he is an elite talent, or I should say was a great talent. Look at last year and that could be what he will get accustomed to now. Fact is he has never been to a playoff game, that is not all on him but it does say that having a great WR is not necessary the key to having success. Let's face it he is getting old, smart people get rid of players the year before not the year after. He is past history and considering his QB in NY will not have the same success as he did with the terrible Cutler. He is a memory now.

I think if your a Bears fan you embrace this team and throw criticism when it is due not before the party starts. I just dont understand where living in the past doesnt anybody any good. People complain about when Urlacher was let go, Tillman, and now Marshall, there gone and there is good reasons there gone so embrace the 2015 Bears and let go of the teams that got us 4 PLAYOFFS SPOTS IN 19 YEARS.

4 PLAYOFFS SPOTS IN 19 YEARS.

And this is why I choose to give the new leadership, even Emery/Trestman, time to show they've got a good plan before I start whacking away at them. Some here, before we've seen a single game, have written Pace off. In some cases that appears to be more about their own personal ego: not getting the GM they wanted in the first place, letting Marshall go, keeping Cutler, etc. Some are just always negative regardless so I discount them altogether.

Let's be fair, the new staff looks like they know what their doing. This mess couldn't be fixed in 4 months but they've come a long way.

I could not agree more.

I get why people are skeptical. Hell, I am too. But I'm also equally optimistic.

We need to see it play out. But it sure looks like we'd made the right moves to get us in the right direction.

And this is why I choose to give the new leadership, even Emery/Trestman, time to show they've got a good plan before I start whacking away at them. Some here, before we've seen a single game, have written Pace off. In some cases that appears to be more about their own personal ego: not getting the GM they wanted in the first place, letting Marshall go, keeping Cutler, etc. Some are just always negative regardless so I discount them altogether.

Let's be fair, the new staff looks like they know what their doing. This mess couldn't be fixed in 4 months but they've come a long way.

I agree he is an elite talent, or I should say was a great talent. Look at last year and that could be what he will get accustomed to now. Fact is he has never been to a playoff game, that is not all on him but it does say that having a great WR is not necessary the key to having success. Let's face it he is getting old, smart people get rid of players the year before not the year after. He is past history and considering his QB in NY will not have the same success as he did with the terrible Cutler. He is a memory now.

I think if your a Bears fan you embrace this team and throw criticism when it is due not before the party starts. I just dont understand where living in the past doesnt anybody any good. People complain about when Urlacher was let go, Tillman, and now Marshall, there gone and there is good reasons there gone so embrace the 2015 Bears and let go of the teams that got us 4 PLAYOFFS SPOTS IN 19 YEARS.

I don't mind the discussion about past issuers and players. The realization that nothing can be done is there, but it's still our team, and anything is in bounds with past, current , former players. It's possible to embrace the current while still being upset, and wanting to be proven right, about past moves.