Bears rumors

Stinger226

I have heard a few names that we are pursuing in FAgency: I mentioned Ian Williams in another topic.

I heard the name Tashawn Gibson mentioned by Brad Biggs.

At the combine they had interviews with QBS: Kevin Hogan

Dak Prescott

Carson Wentz

Jacoby Brissett

I would say these QBs tell me we will be picking a QB in mid rounds and he is on that list

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard a few names that we are pursuing in FAgency: I mentioned Ian Williams in another topic.

Dak Prescott

Carson Wentz

Jacoby Brissett

I would say these QBs tell me we will be picking a QB in mid rounds and he is on that list

Carson Wentz better be a freaking smokescreen for a trade. That kid is not getting into the second round, and the Bears DO NOT need to spend a 1st round pick on a QB.

Carson Wentz better be a freaking smokescreen for a trade. That kid is not getting into the second round, and the Bears DO NOT need to spend a 1st round pick on a QB.

I did not mean he is a middle rounder, just that we met with him, he wont make it out of the first 15 picks.

I also forgot to mention we met with Christian Hackenberg

I did not mean he is a middle rounder, just that we met with him, he wont make it out of the first 15 picks.

I also forgot to mention we met with Christian Hackenberg

It doesn't hurt for the Bears do give the impression we are interested in a QB. In an ideal Bear's draft, 3 quarterbacks are taken with the first 10 picks. Or the Bears are able to trade down with a team needing a QB. The Rams drafting at 15 are certainly in need of QB help.

Dak Prescott

Carson Wentz

Jacoby Brissett

Any rumors that we are interested in Malik Jackson? He'd been one helluva a get for the Bears. He'd been an elite d-lineman with us for the next 5 years.

Any rumors that we are interested in Malik Jackson? He'd been one helluva a get for the Bears. He'd been an elite d-lineman with us for the next 5 years.

Not that I have seen, mainly because he will demand to much money.

I did see us linked to David Burton /FS for Denver talk that he would be interested in the Bears because of John Fox.

Also seen Trevathan say the same thing.

Bears are said to be interested in Akiem Hicks.

Would be a real solid move. 6'5" 35" arms. Would give the Bears the length they need.

If Malik Jackson is considered too expensive, Hicks would be #1 on my wishlist followed by Howard and Williams(as far as DTs go).

Not exactly a rumor, but Kyle Long was just asked on Twitter who he would want to play with if he could play with anyone and he said Alex Boone, who happens to be a FA. We'll see if he gets his wish.

That would be an excellent signing.

Check Jackson's splits, 0 sacks at home (Denver) and almost no production in the 4th quarter. Those two are normally tied to conditioning, so I don't know if we want to break the bank on a guy with conditioning issues.

Not exactly a rumor, but Kyle Long was just asked on Twitter who he would want to play with if he could play with anyone and he said Alex Boone, who happens to be a FA. We'll see if he gets his wish.

I would love Alex Boone. If we can snag one of Kelechi Osemele, Jeff Allen, or Boone, I would be happy.

Doesn't FA negotiations start today?

Here is a copy and paste I captured on a site with a NFL calendar:

March 7-9

- Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2015 Player Contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 9. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 9.

March 9

- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2016 on all players who have option clauses in their 2015 contracts.

- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts and to whom they desire to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.

- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a Minimum Salary Tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2015 contracts and who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.

- Top-51 Begins. All clubs must be under the 2016 salary cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.

- All 2015 player contracts expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

- The 2016 league year and free agency period begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

- The first day of the 2016 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9.

- Trading period for 2016 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2015 contracts.

Bears are said to be interested in Akiem Hicks.

Would be a real solid move. 6'5" 35" arms. Would give the Bears the length they need.

If Malik Jackson is considered too expensive, Hicks would be #1 on my wishlist followed by Howard and Williams(as far as DTs go).

I would rate Howard and Williams both ahead of him, but he would be a good addition too.

I would rate Howard and Williams both ahead of him, but he would be a good addition too.

I just like him over those 2 because of his length.

Williams- 6'1" 32" arms

Howard- 6'3" 33" arms

Hicks- 6'5" 35 1/8" arms.

I would be happy with any of the 3 though.

Add Jeremy lane to interested prospects

Would you give up a 2nd round pick for Brandon Marshall/LB ?

I read a tweet that says we are interested in him, and he has a tendered offer from Broncos , so if we signed him, we would have to give up a 2nd.