Bears rumors

Stinger226

Chris Emma ‏@CEmma670 2m2 minutes ago

Danny Trevathan was given word that the Bears would be adding more pieces to their defense. The linebacker is pumped for what may be coming.

What a week it would be if they added Hicks and Freeman today. They would have a lot more leg room in the draft.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Biggs @BradBiggs 20m

#Bears were not awarded a compensatory draft pick and have not had one since 2009. NE, DAL, SF get 4 each per NFL.

Brad Biggs @BradBiggs 18m

#Bears had 3 compensatory picks in 2009 and they were used on WR Juaquin Iglesias, G Lance Louis & WR Derek Kinder.

Brad Biggs @BradBiggs 15m

Based on start of free agency this year, #Bears might be shut out of compensatory picks again in 2017.

Brad Biggs @BradBiggs 15m

Since league began awarding compensatory picks in 1994, #Bears have received 17. Only 7 teams have received fewer.

Chris Emma ‏@CEmma670 2m2 minutes ago

Danny Trevathan was given word that the Bears would be adding more pieces to their defense. The linebacker is pumped for what may be coming.

The jackass is also on record saying he wished the Packers would have signed him. He's gonna have to make up for that one.

The jackass is also on record saying he wished the Packers would have signed him. He's gonna have to make up for that one.

I heard a recording of the conversation and James Jones (former Packer ) was baiting him, never was said in the context as stated. Listen to the interview, no problem with Trev

After the Bears had signed him? Or was he speaking before his contract as a team he would have liked to play for? He is on record for saying the same about playing again for Fox too. I think he is happy to be here now.

After the Bears had signed him? Or was he speaking before his contract as a team he would have liked to play for? He is on record for saying the same about playing again for Fox too. I think he is happy to be here now.

Scroll up to see what Stinger posted. Looks like he was quoted out of context.

I heard a recording of the conversation and James Jones (former Packer ) was baiting him, never was said in the context as stated. Listen to the interview, no problem with Trev

Yep. He basically said it because he's tight with Randall Cobb.

If you read it in print, I can see why someone would think "WTF???" When you here the actual conversation you realize they were laughing and joking around.

Either way, let's be honest--these guys are hired guns. It's a business. If any other team offered him 4 years 40 million, he's playing for that team.

If you read it in print, I can see why someone would think "WTF???" When you here the actual conversation you realize they were laughing and joking around.

Either way, let's be honest--these guys are hired guns. It's a business. If any other team offered him 4 years 40 million, he's playing for that team.

There looking for money, you get two teams bidding against each other it adds to the pie. He is cool, everyone condemning it needs to listen to the tape.

Figured so. Words twisted to get a rise out of a few lol.

Figured so. Words twisted to get a rise out of a few lol.

Just seen where we offered Gersham a 4 year deal and he choose to go back to AZ on a 1 year deal because the money wasnt as good as he wanted.

Seen where we actually offered CJ Anderson more money than he is getting from Miami but he wanted to play for Gase, the guy he feels responsible for his success in Den

Just seen where we offered Gersham a 4 year deal and he choose to go back to AZ on a 1 year deal because the money wasnt as good as he wanted.

Seen where we actually offered CJ Anderson more money than he is getting from Miami but he wanted to play for Gase, the guy he feels responsible for his success in Den

I see the Bears offered him 4 yr 19 million, looks like they do not feel good with only Langford/Carey.

I got to admit, I'm flat out shocked we offered him that big of a deal.

So am I. It doesn't make sense to me.

If they didn't feel comfortable with Langford and Carey, then it made sense to keep Forte for one or two more years. Keep him around just long enough to determine if either of the young guys can be a franchise RB. At that point you then make the decision with a rookie in the 1st or 2nd.

So am I. It doesn't make sense to me.

If they didn't feel comfortable with Langford and Carey, then it made sense to keep Forte for one or two more years. Keep him around just long enough to determine if either of the young guys can be a franchise RB. At that point you then make the decision with a rookie in the 1st or 2nd.

Apparently they dont feel the same way. I think they still want one more back and do the RBC thing, Forte is on the downslide, they want a big body to pound the other teams, and he aint that.

Apparently they dont feel the same way. I think they still want one more back and do the RBC thing, Forte is on the downslide, they want a big body to pound the other teams, and he aint that.

I just seen a tweet about Matt Forte and the Bears concern about his knee. Could be the reason they didn't keep him.

This was from a blogger, so not sure on accurate this is

Forte's physical revealed some concerns about his knee. I wonder if that is why the Bears decided not to even attempt to bring him back.

I just seen a tweet about Matt Forte and the Bears concern about his knee. Could be the reason they didn't keep him.

This was from a blogger, so not sure on accurate this is

Forte's physical revealed some concerns about his knee. I wonder if that is why the Bears decided not to even attempt to bring him back.

I wonder where that information came from because there is zero news on that except for that one tweet. If true, I am sure health played a part.

I still say age and the very real RB wall that aging RBs hit is 100% the reason they moved on.

Forte over the last 2 years has averaged 4.0 yards per carry. That's not very good. I know some will bring up the OL being bad, but it's pretty much always been bad and Forte has still managed to be much more successful in the past.

I am a Langford fan, but if they can get a clear upgrade, I'm not opposed. Depending on what is there at 11, Zeke wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I still say age and the very real RB wall that aging RBs hit is 100% the reason they moved on.

Forte over the last 2 years has averaged 4.0 yards per carry. That's not very good. I know some will bring up the OL being bad, but it's pretty much always been bad and Forte has still managed to be much more successful in the past.

I am a Langford fan, but if they can get a clear upgrade, I'm not opposed. Depending on what is there at 11, Zeke wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I think they know a stud would add so much to this offense. Would be happy with that pick. Think what Gurley added to St Louis with no QB.

How I feel about that:

Langford and Carey at RB > Leno at LT

Langford and Carey at RB > DE opposite Hicks

I'd hate a RB at 11.

How I feel about that:

Langford and Carey at RB > Leno at LT

Langford and Carey at RB > DE opposite Hicks

I'd hate a RB at 11.

I do tend to agree. I'm not calling for them to draft Elliott, just saying it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Especially if Stanley is gone.

There's been some chatter between Long and Tony Jefferson on Twitter. Jefferson told Long to recruit him(along with other stuff). I would love to see this happen. Jefferson is just 24 years old and has been a very solid safety. Cardinals have a crowded secondary and only placed the lowest priority on him, meaning they have the right to match any offer but get no compensation if the don't match.

Jefferson notched 78 tackles, two sacks, three picks, and two forced fumbles. He's a 24-year-old playmaker.

Would be a huge addition.