Bears rumors

Stinger226

Would you give up a 2nd round pick for Brandon Marshall/LB ?

I read a tweet that says we are interested in him, and he has a tendered offer from Broncos , so if we signed him, we would have to give up a 2nd.

Yes. Although there's a disgusting story going round that GB may be interested too. Ick!!

http://www.chatsports.com/chicago-bears/a/...-marshall-27222

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw another rumor that the Eagles aren't done and could possibly release Ryan Mathews. Any interest there?

Sure. He'd be a decent third back, a rotational guy. He's injury prone, and has pissed me off in fantasy so many ways, but I have always thought he had a nice burst and shiftiness to him.

I have zero interest in Matthews. He is injury prone and not very good. With all of our cap space, if we were going that route, just give it to Forte (and I haven't been a keep Forte advocate, although I will deeply miss him being a part of this franchise and will root for him wherever he goes).

Mathews will come for 1 1/2 mil, where Forte is going to cost someone 4 to 5 mil. to much money for a rebuilding team.

Louis Vasquez has been released in Denver and have seen tweets that we are hot after him. He is 28 and from what I can tell has been a starter every year in the league.

Had some knee issues last year which supposedly hindered his play quite a bit. No idea what longer term prognosis is. He was a solid player prior to his injury. Seems like a solid upgrade where we wouldn't have to "break" the bank.

Had some knee issues last year which supposedly hindered his play quite a bit. No idea what longer term prognosis is. He was a solid player prior to his injury. Seems like a solid upgrade where we wouldn't have to "break" the bank.

I think the main reason there are releasing him is the 6.75 price tag. If we could get him for like a 3 year 12 mil , huge upgrade over last year

If we could get a solid guard, plus Danny T, Gipson (S), and say Aikers....I'd call that a fantastic in general off-season (from a FA perspective). That isn't to say there wouldn't be some other depth moves and obviously we still have to address the issue of CB (whether that was resigning Porter or something else) but that would be adding multiple young players who are significant upgrades and fill big time holes (and in general could still be projecting upward vs. downward from a career perspective).

And that is before factoring in potential draft picks.

If we could get a solid guard, plus Danny T, Gipson (S), and say Aikers....I'd call that a fantastic in general off-season (from a FA perspective). That isn't to say there wouldn't be some other depth moves and obviously we still have to address the issue of CB (whether that was resigning Porter or something else) but that would be adding multiple young players who are significant upgrades and fill big time holes (and in general could still be projecting upward vs. downward from a career perspective).

Seen where with Miami grabbing M. Williams that Cameron Wake may be on his way out.

He was injured last year but his previous years he was a stud sacker.

All four of those would be starters, so that would be a big offseason and then draft at least 2 or even 3 starters and were back in business for a good record.

All four of those would be starters, so that would be a big offseason and then draft at least 2 or even 3 starters and were back in business for a good record.

Bjoern Werner was cut by Colts. Another one of these physical studs that cant play football.

This is why I want no part of Robert Nkemdiche.

If you dont have production in college , how the hell can you expect him to be productive in the NFL.

Bjoern Werner was cut by Colts. Another one of these physical studs that cant play football.

This is why I want no part of Robert Nkemdiche.

If you dont have production in college , how the hell can you expect him to be productive in the NFL.

Heard a reporter from Denver state that he heard David Burton/S will also be going to the Bears, besides Trevathan

Heard a reporter from Denver state that he heard David Burton/S will also be going to the Bears, besides Trevathan

David Burton was rumored like a month ago. He's a fringe starter so he doesn't have a ton of value. That immediately makes him the best player on the Bears secondary . . .

David Burton was rumored like a month ago. He's a fringe starter so he doesn't have a ton of value. That immediately makes him the best player on the Bears secondary . . .

That info has been out there for a month, but this reporter is restating he heard that today to reaffirm the rumor. He is a better S that we have on the roster right now. A few years from now Amos with progress past him.

I still like Amos and I think he out-produced a guy like Bruton. Adding Bruton, and likely giving him every chance to earn a starting role next to Amos would be a good move. We will still add a rookie to the mix but Bruton should feel confident he can win a job over a rookie. It will be telling if we sign Bruton and then cut Rolle but I don't see that happening until after the draft, unless we need his cap space.

Patrick Finley ‏@patrickfinley 45s45 seconds ago

#Bears still in on former #Patriots/#Saints DE Akiem Hicks, per source, but he doesn't figure to sign anywhere today.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 35s35 seconds ago

#Bears working to re-sign CB Tracy Porter, who was reborn in CHI. But w Jenkins off the board, OAK zeroed in on Smith, his market heating up

Patrick Finley ‏@patrickfinley 45s45 seconds ago

#Bears still in on former #Patriots/#Saints DE Akiem Hicks, per source, but he doesn't figure to sign anywhere today.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 35s35 seconds ago

#Bears working to re-sign CB Tracy Porter, who was reborn in CHI. But w Jenkins off the board, OAK zeroed in on Smith, his market heating up

The bears are interested in signing a CB, names that have surfaced are P.Robinson,Casey Heyward, and Corty Sensenbaugh

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0309-story.html

Now this would make me angry. Please don't pay money to a RB....

I would be slightly disappointed, but probably for a different reason. I think it was time to move on from Forte, but really think they should give the gig to Langford/Carey.

I will point out that Anderson just turned 25 whereas Forte turns 31 this year. Anderson the last 2 years has averaged 4.7 ypc, Forte hasn't reached that number in 5 years.

I think they should stick with the guys they drafted, but IMO, at this point in their careers, and where the Bears are right now, Anderson makes more sense than Forte.