Bears rumors

Stinger226

I do tend to agree. I'm not calling for them to draft Elliott, just saying it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Especially if Stanley is gone.

If I'm going with an Ohio State player at #11 right now it's Eli Apple. Physically he has all the tools you want in Fangio's system, and he plays tough around the LOS both in press coverage and run support. From what I've read he's got some things to learn but he's young and a bit inexperienced with only 2 seasons played in college. Reportedly he has a good work ethic and with good coaching should turn into a good player. Plenty of recent mocks now have Apple being taken in the middle of the 1st RD so a few spots early isn't a big reach especially when he fits the scheme so well (meaning he'll grade higher than Hargreaves for our roster).

Coaches weren't too high on Fuller last year for valid reasons. Porter is a stop gap veteran with a bad injury history. I feel there is a big need at CB on our roster. Re-signing McManis means he's likely our 5th CB, and of course Callahan seems ok in the slot. Put Apple on the roster gives some insurance against Fuller not panning out, or a Porter injury.

Mackensie Alexandar and Vernon Hargreaves are both 5' 10" corners. I don't see them as good fits for what Fangio wants on the outside.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have no problem with Apple(or William Jackson honestly) at 11.

I really like Vernon Butler as well. I think he's being criminally underrated right now. I like him and Reed more than I do Robinson and Rankins who most drafts have ahead of them. People might look at mocks and call me crazy but I really wouldn't mind Butler at 11. He's nudged past Reed for me in my "Dream off-season".......NFL.com compares him to Muhammad Wilkerson. I don't expect him to be him, but I think he'll be a damn good 5T and complete the mammoth DL of Hicks-Goldman- Butler.......Think he's worth not risking him being there in the 2nd.

I really like Vernon Butler as well. I think he's being criminally underrated right now. I like him and Reed more than I do Robinson and Rankins who most drafts have ahead of them. People might look at mocks and call me crazy but I really wouldn't mind Butler at 11. He's nudged past Reed for me in my "Dream off-season".......NFL.com compares him to Muhammad Wilkerson. I don't expect him to be him, but I think he'll be a damn good 5T and complete the mammoth DL of Hicks-Goldman- Butler.......Think he's worth not risking him being there in the 2nd.

Butler is my 2nd RD guy, can he be considered at #11? It is possible, but I would think we can trade down.

Butler is my 2nd RD guy, can he be considered at #11? It is possible, but I would think we can trade down.

I've seen a few guys say he's a top 15 prospect. There's so many DLinemen jumbled up with 1st round ratings that after Bosa and Buckner, I don't think any one of them would be the wrong choice as the 3rd one off the board.

Butler is my surprise pick. A guy who you don't see in damn near any 1st round mocks but will go in the top 20.

Vernon Butler? At 11? You gotta be kidding me. No way in hell. I bet he doesn't even get selected in the first round.

If the Bears traded back into the late 20s, maybe, but at 11? That's crazy talk. The only Vernon the Bears should even consider at 11 is Vernon Hargreaves.

Vernon Butler? At 11? You gotta be kidding me. No way in hell. I bet he doesn't even get selected in the first round.

If the Bears traded back into the late 20s, maybe, but at 11? That's crazy talk. The only Vernon the Bears should even consider at 11 is Vernon Hargreaves.

I absolutely believe he should be a top 15 pick. I'm not the only one either. Daniel Jeremiah had him as the 13th pick in one if his mocks.

What I saw at the Senior Bowl is a monster of a man who is highly athletic for his size. Long arms, strong.....When you get compared to Mo Wilkerson, Linval Joseph, and Michael Brockers, I start to listen.

I think it's crazy that he isn't in the first round in most drafts.

I absolutely believe he should be a top 15 pick. I'm not the only one either. Daniel Jeremiah had him as the 13th pick in one if his mocks.

What I saw at the Senior Bowl is a monster of a man who is highly athletic for his size. Long arms, strong.....When you get compared to Mo Wilkerson, Linval Joseph, and Michael Brockers, I start to listen.

I see where the Bears is bringing in Baylor WR Corey Coleman for a visit. He is considered a late first round pick You think they kick the tires on WRs in case they dont get a deal done with AJ?

I see where the Bears is bringing in Baylor WR Corey Coleman for a visit. He is considered a late first round pick You think they kick the tires on WRs in case they dont get a deal done with AJ?

Everyone sounds confident the deal will get done with Jeffrey. I'd say this is more about the players behind Jeffrey and White. Eddie Royal isn't going anywhere this year but next year his departure would free up $5mil in cap space. I also think there is little confidence in Marquess Wilson and anyone behind him. If we trade back it is possible Coleman is BPA and Fox said they wanted to get more speed on the roster.

In a trade back scenario I would think a CB or DT is more likely the pick. It's also possible he falls into the 2nd Rd.

Lots of press conferences recently so this seems as good a place as any for some news items:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...0c-a047ca95c992

It's time to run...

"Dowell [Loggains] has done a good job of identifying traits that we're looking for offensively in each player and we felt that Bobby matched those traits for a right tackle. We want somebody that's tough and very strong and physical in the run game and has the size to do that, and Bobby definitely has that. Kyle has position flexibility, so now he goes back to guard and we're rolling."

On Zach Miller: Why do I sense a little dig on Martellus Bennett here?

"When we talk about the kind of teammates that we want here, Zach embodies that to a tee with his work ethic, his preparation and his attitude. He's just a pleasure to have in the building, and it's infectious just being around him. In addition to that, his game elevated last year. Credit him for staying healthy and doing all the little things and being proactive with injury prevention. We expect a big season from Zach. He's going to excel in this offense and we're really excited to have him back."

On Alshon:

"We know we have an extended period of time to continue to negotiate with him, and that's what's happening. The conversations have been cordial and productive, and they'll continue. I know Alshon's working hard and he's training and we're communicating with him on that. Everything's been going well."

From the Moon:

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/bears-mass...en-extend-draft

"rush linebacker Pernell McPhee is targeting a lower weight as a means of increasing his speed and decreasing strain on his injured left knee, repaired with a scope procedure this offseason."

Dline in the draft: Seems we're taking a DT early. I wouldn't be surprised if we shopped Will Sutton during the draft to see if we can get a late Rd pick. Top 5 Dline: Goldman, Hicks, Ferguson, Unrein, Sutton but then there is competition among C. Washington who figures to be better pass rusher than Sutton, Terry Williams who figures to be a better NT than Sutton. Put a rookie in the middle of that and Sutton quickly drops off.

“There’s talent there but it’s also a deep position in the draft,” Pace said on Tuesday during the NFL owners meetings. “So it’s a spot when we talk about improving our defense, it’s an area where we can make quick improvement.”

Lamaar Houston is not going anywhere:

“We feel good about Lamarr,” Pace said. “He came on strong. Luckily we’re in a healthy cap situation so we can [stay with him]. Those guys are hard to find. I think the playoffs were an example of pass rush and having a strong pass rush, and the more we have of those guys, the better. So we’re comfortable with where he’s at.”

Lots of press conferences recently so this seems as good a place as any for some news items:

It's time to run...

"Dowell [Loggains] has done a good job of identifying traits that we're looking for offensively in each player and we felt that Bobby matched those traits for a right tackle. We want somebody that's tough and very strong and physical in the run game and has the size to do that, and Bobby definitely has that. Kyle has position flexibility, so now he goes back to guard and we're rolling."

"When we talk about the kind of teammates that we want here, Zach embodies that to a tee with his work ethic, his preparation and his attitude. He's just a pleasure to have in the building, and it's infectious just being around him. In addition to that, his game elevated last year. Credit him for staying healthy and doing all the little things and being proactive with injury prevention. We expect a big season from Zach. He's going to excel in this offense and we're really excited to have him back."

On Alshon:

"We know we have an extended period of time to continue to negotiate with him, and that's what's happening. The conversations have been cordial and productive, and they'll continue. I know Alshon's working hard and he's training and we're communicating with him on that. Everything's been going well."

From the Moon:

"rush linebacker Pernell McPhee is targeting a lower weight as a means of increasing his speed and decreasing strain on his injured left knee, repaired with a scope procedure this offseason."

Dline in the draft: Seems we're taking a DT early. I wouldn't be surprised if we shopped Will Sutton during the draft to see if we can get a late Rd pick. Top 5 Dline: Goldman, Hicks, Ferguson, Unrein, Sutton but then there is competition among C. Washington who figures to be better pass rusher than Sutton, Terry Williams who figures to be a better NT than Sutton. Put a rookie in the middle of that and Sutton quickly drops off.

“There’s talent there but it’s also a deep position in the draft,” Pace said on Tuesday during the NFL owners meetings. “So it’s a spot when we talk about improving our defense, it’s an area where we can make quick improvement.”

“We feel good about Lamarr,” Pace said. “He came on strong. Luckily we’re in a healthy cap situation so we can [stay with him]. Those guys are hard to find. I think the playoffs were an example of pass rush and having a strong pass rush, and the more we have of those guys, the better. So we’re comfortable with where he’s at.”

You put a lot of effort in your posts. I dont think the first round will be DT/DE just because of the depth at the position and lack of depth at other positions.

I think if Carson Wentz is there we take him. ( I think we like him and is the most valuable position on the field.

I think if for a weird reason, Bosa-Ramsey-Jack-Buckner drop, we jump on top of that.

I think if Stanley or EX drop with the D players off the board(probably)

I think a surprise pick could be a edge rusher-----Floyd-Lawson-Ogbach( probably the most important position on the field other than QB.)

No. Absolutely not. You have top 10 WR waiting to get on the field. You have a legit #1 WR with the franchise tag due a HUGE pay-day (and ironically the Bears have more money than they know what to do with.) AND, because we have more money than we know what to do with we are keeping Eddie Royal. You need to spread the wealth and that is a ton invested in the position--particularly for a run first team.

AJ is on the team for next year. I'm certain we'll reach a long term deal. We get to the 4th round and we see a WR we like--great. But we have WAY too many needs at this point.

You put a lot of effort in your posts. I dont think the first round will be DT/DE just because of the depth at the position and lack of depth at other positions.

I think if Carson Wentz is there we take him. ( I think we like him and is the most valuable position on the field.

I think if for a weird reason, Bosa-Ramsey-Jack-Buckner drop, we jump on top of that.

I think if Stanley or EX drop with the D players off the board(probably)

I think a surprise pick could be a edge rusher-----Floyd-Lawson-Ogbach( probably the most important position on the field other than QB.)

We could also move down some too. I think if Goff is there we may find a suitor. Funny thing is Pace is saying this draft is deep while I read Gabriel say it is about 4 rds deep. If Pace feels that way he may feel good about dropping some.

We could also move down some too. I think if Goff is there we may find a suitor. Funny thing is Pace is saying this draft is deep while I read Gabriel say it is about 4 rds deep. If Pace feels that way he may feel good about dropping some.

Maybe the Bears might move back up? The Bears could easily package the combo 4th rounders and/or 6th rounders to move forward in the 2nd or 3rd. Honestly, I wouldn't mind that idea at all. I've long said this draft is deep and has maximum value in round 2-4.

It's time to run...

On Alshon:

From the Moon:

"There's talent there but it's also a deep position in the draft," Pace said on Tuesday during the NFL owners meetings. "So it's a spot when we talk about improving our defense, it's an area where we can make quick improvement."

"We feel good about Lamarr," Pace said. "He came on strong. Luckily we're in a healthy cap situation so we can [stay with him]. Those guys are hard to find. I think the playoffs were an example of pass rush and having a strong pass rush, and the more we have of those guys, the better. So we're comfortable with where he's at."

Moon's post seems a little dated because there is no mention of Hicks in it. WTBS in a deep DL draft and we have decent depth and youth on the DL, edge rusher, OT and CB are in play IMO!

Maybe the Bears might move back up? The Bears could easily package the combo 4th rounders and/or 6th rounders to move forward in the 2nd or 3rd. Honestly, I wouldn't mind that idea at all. I've long said this draft is deep and has maximum value in round 2-4.

I would do both. After the top prospects: Tunsil, Ramsey, Bosa, Jack, Buckner, and Stanley I think the next group of 20 players are equivalent so trading down would be great. In RDs 2-4, I hope we do move up to take advantage of that solid middle.

I would do both. After the top prospects: Tunsil, Ramsey, Bosa, Jack, Buckner, and Stanley I think the next group of 20 players are equivalent so trading down would be great. In RDs 2-4, I hope we do move up to take advantage of that solid middle.

Seen where the Bears are kicking the tires on Obien Schonfield

Season Team Tackles Interceptions Fumbles

G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF

2015 Atlanta Falcons 16 10 30 24 6 2.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

2014 Seattle Seahawks 16 0 20 15 5 2.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2013 Seattle Seahawks 15 2 8 7 1 1.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2012 Arizona Cardinals 9 9 34 26 8 4.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2011 Arizona Cardinals 16 0 37 33 4 4.5 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 2

2010 Arizona Cardinals 10 0 12 12 0 2.0 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

TOTAL 141 117 24 15.5 0 1 0 0 -- 0

Seen where the Bears are kicking the tires on Obien Schonfield

Season Team Tackles Interceptions Fumbles

G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF

2015 Atlanta Falcons 16 10 30 24 6 2.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

2014 Seattle Seahawks 16 0 20 15 5 2.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2013 Seattle Seahawks 15 2 8 7 1 1.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2012 Arizona Cardinals 9 9 34 26 8 4.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2011 Arizona Cardinals 16 0 37 33 4 4.5 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 2

2010 Arizona Cardinals 10 0 12 12 0 2.0 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

TOTAL 141 117 24 15.5 0 1 0 0 -- 0

Manny Ramirez to vist Bears.

Manny Ramirez to vist Bears.

Similar player to Montgomery in that they can both play all 3 interior positions....one of the 2 (Montgomery or Ramirez), or someone similar is really needed right now. Fox knows both Montgomery and Ramirez so I can live with whoever they bring in.

Similar player to Montgomery in that they can both play all 3 interior positions....one of the 2 (Montgomery or Ramirez), or someone similar is really needed right now. Fox knows both Montgomery and Ramirez so I can live with whoever they bring in.

Just seen a tweet that adam Caplan stated that bears will be signing ted Larson/G-C formerly with Arizona

Bears expected to sign OL Ted Larsen also. Another G/C that replaced Jonathan Cooper last year in AZ at RG. More depth I am sure, butn maybe Long moves to LT or Grasu isn't expected to be ready?

Didn't see your reply. I still think it's crazy.

At the very least these names are ahead of him:

Joey Bosa

DeForest Buckner

Shaq Lawson

A'Shawn Robinson

Jalen Ramsey

Vernon Hargreaves III

Myles Jack

Carson Wentz

Jared Goff

Paxton Lynch

Laremy Tunsil

Ronnie Stanley

Laquon Treadwell

Ezekiel Elliott

Even if you factor in only one of the QBs and exclude one player like Lawson, that's still 11 picks. The Bears are likely picking from the group above.

I'd rather trade back than take one of those guys who won't obviously be gone (Robinson, Lawson, Hargreaves, Treadwell, Elliott).

I suppose now with Hicks, who offers some upside as a pass rusher, they could look at Robinson, who I don't really see as anything more than a dominate run stuffer. Still, I don't see any difference between Robinson, and other guys like Butler, Jarran Reed, and even Chris Jones who is another largely underrated prospect.

I'd rather trade back than take one of those guys who won't obviously be gone (Robinson, Lawson, Hargreaves, Treadwell, Elliott). I suppose now with Hicks, who offers some upside as a pass rusher, they could look at Robinson, who I don't really see as anything more than a dominate run stuffer. Still, I don't see any difference between Robinson, and other guys like Butler, Jarran Reed, and even Chris Jones who is another largely underrated prospect.

I am with you here. My personal list would go: Tunsil, Ramsey, Buckner, Stanley. If they are gone, then I would consider, but prefer to trade down: Wentz, Goff, Robinson, Elliott, and Hargreaves.

If we can trade down to 15-20, I would target Vernon Butler, William Jackson III, or Eli Apple. I prefer Butler but if we get a CB, then RD2 I would go Nkimdiche if he falls or Chris Jones.

Trade rumor brewing? Joe Thomas? Only specualtion with JT on my part, but maybe Leno and our #1 for Thomas.

From Brad Biggs twitter: I'm waiting to see if there is another move #Bears have in mind, maybe a trade involving O-line, after Ted Larsen addition.

How about Clady ? What would you think that is worth?