Bears rumors

Stinger226

Does anyone have a list of last years pre draft meetings?? Would love to see who the bears visited with and who they ended up drafting and who was still there when they drafted.

I have a very hard time believing anyone knows who any team is strongly considering. If someone from the Bears did leak that info Pace would freak out.

The only reason to leak any bullshit is to get other teams thinking you want someone different, which why would any team really believe any info coming out on another team.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2016/4/18...prospect-visits

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason really wanted him in the draft from what I recall. Why not at this point? Secondary seems to be our biggest need right now.

I did. I do. As long as his knee can be prepared. He has skill that outweighs his size and risk.

Does anyone have a list of last years pre draft meetings?? Would love to see who the bears visited with and who they ended up drafting and who was still there when they drafted.

I have a very hard time believing anyone knows who any team is strongly considering. If someone from the Bears did leak that info Pace would freak out.

The only reason to leak any bullshit is to get other teams thinking you want someone different, which why would any team really believe any info coming out on another team.

I think AZ accidentally gave you the 2016 link. Here's the 2015 link below. What's interesting is that of the 50 players we met with, the only guy who we actually drafted was Kevin White. No Goldman, Grasu, Langford, Amos, or Fabuluje. And as far as I can tell, we never bothered signing any of the unrestricted free agents either. So who the Bears are meeting with is meaningless in terms of predicting the draft.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2015/4/17...t-visit-tracker

..oops, reading is fundamental. Here's the 2015 draft visit list for the Bears:

..oops, reading is fundamental. Here's the 2015 draft visit list for the Bears:

If we go BPA and also seek an impact player, it narrows down who we will grab.

Elliot star RB

Lawson edge rusher

Hargraves ball hawking CB

I think we would be best served with an OL or DL but the Bears are so quiet we will never know who they valve.

If we go BPA and also seek an impact player, it narrows down who we will grab.

Elliot star RB

Lawson edge rusher

Hargraves ball hawking CB

I think we would be best served with an OL or DL but the Bears are so quiet we will never know who they valve.

I have to admit, Im a draft nerd and do a draft in fanspeak everyday, here is my favorite one I have done, I used CBS rating system

11: R1P11 DE DEFOREST BUCKNER/OREGON

41: R2P10 S VONN BELL/OHIO STATE

72: R3P9 CB XAVIEN HOWARD/BAYLOR

106: R4P8 RB C.J. PROSISE/NOTRE DAME

127: R4P29 OLB JAYLON SMITH/NOTRE DAMe

150: R5P11 TE TYLER HIGBEE/WESTERN KENTUCKY

185: R6P10 OT WILLIE BEAVERS/WESTERN MICHIGAN

206: R6P31 S TYVIS POWELL/OHIO STATE

230: R7P9 DT QUINTON JEFFERSON/MARYLAND

the fourth round is when I started taking risks Smith and Higbee

with several good picks , I sneaky like Powell in the 6th, a great valve there

Buckner dropped, got a starter in Bell, and Howard becomes the third best CB

Prosise and Higbee become rotational players

I have to admit, Im a draft nerd and do a draft in fanspeak everyday, here is my favorite one I have done, I used CBS rating system 11: R1P11 DE DEFOREST BUCKNER/OREGON 41: R2P10 S VONN BELL/OHIO STATE 72: R3P9 CB XAVIEN HOWARD/BAYLOR 106: R4P8 RB C.J. PROSISE/NOTRE DAME 127: R4P29 OLB JAYLON SMITH/NOTRE DAMe 150: R5P11 TE TYLER HIGBEE/WESTERN KENTUCKY 185: R6P10 OT WILLIE BEAVERS/WESTERN MICHIGAN 206: R6P31 S TYVIS POWELL/OHIO STATE 230: R7P9 DT QUINTON JEFFERSON/MARYLAND the fourth round is when I started taking risks Smith and Higbee with several good picks , I sneaky like Powell in the 6th, a great valve there Buckner dropped, got a starter in Bell, and Howard becomes the third best CB Prosise and Higbee become rotational players

I do the same thing. I think the first 3 picks fill our biggest needs on D. Beavers brings competition to the LT, doesn't upgrade it, but gives Leno incentive to work.

CBS.............................Walter............................FanSpeak:

1. Ronnie Stanley OT......1. Ronnie Stanley OT.....1. Jack Conklin OT

2. Vernon Butler DT........2. Chris Jones DT..........2. Vernon Butler DT

3. Darian Thompson S.....3. Sean Davis S............3. Sean Davis S

4. Nick Vannett TE..........4. Connor Cook QB........4. Dak Prescott QB

4. Dak Prescott QB..........4. Nick Vannett TE........4. Yannick Ngakoue OLB

5. Rashard Robinson CB....5. Deion'dre Hall CB.....5. Jerell Adams TE

6. Jayron Kearse S...........6. Jayron Kearse S.......6. James Bradberry CB

6. Tyrone Holmes OLB.......6. DeVonte Fields OLB...6. Justin Simmons FS

7. Moritz Boehringer WR.....7. Aaron Wallace OLB....7. Dick Vitale FB

3 drafts I did on Fanspeak, concentrating on OT with the 1st after the group poll.

3 drafts I did on Fanspeak, concentrating on OT with the 1st after the group poll.

Really like that CBS draft.

I actually would like if we took Conklin with our pick. He is a nasty high motor player and would give our Oline some character.

Id be happy with any of those drafts, I see names I like in all of them.

A good draft should get us 3 starters and a couple of contributors the first year. Those all have those

I actually would like if we took Conklin with our pick. He is a nasty high motor player and would give our Oline some character.

Id be happy with any of those drafts, I see names I like in all of them.

A good draft should get us 3 starters and a couple of contributors the first year. Those all have those

I have no big problem with Conklin, but he seems a clear step below Stanley from the tape I've watched (I was not impressed with Conklin's tape against Ohio State, for instance).

I have no big problem with Conklin, but he seems a clear step below Stanley from the tape I've watched (I was not impressed with Conklin's tape against Ohio State, for instance).

Stanley would be fine but his question has to do with work ethic and desire, you dont have those problems with Conklin. I think the best case scenario would to have someone want our pick and move down several spots and still take Conklin. I have seen several mocks that have 4 OTs going in the top 20 and Spiggs not far behind.

If we got a 10 year starter at LT, I would be happy, the line would be studly going forward.

Stanley would be fine but his question has to do with work ethic and desire, you dont have those problems with Conklin. I think the best case scenario would to have someone want our pick and move down several spots and still take Conklin. I have seen several mocks that have 4 OTs going in the top 20 and Spiggs not far behind. If we got a 10 year starter at LT, I would be happy, the line would be studly going forward.

Stanley was recruited to play for one of the top 5 college football programs

Conklin walked on to a respectable Big10 program, redshirted year one, started 13/14 games year 2, earned his scholarship and is now a top 20 NFL draft pick.

We know which guy will give effort, but does he have room to grow/improve?

Stanley was recruited to play for one of the top 5 college football programs

Conklin walked on to a respectable Big10 program, redshirted year one, started 13/14 games year 2, earned his scholarship and is now a top 20 NFL draft pick.

We know which guy will give effort, but does he have room to grow/improve?

I have seen articles about drafting Hargreaves and making him a FS.

What you guys think about that ?

I guess that would arguably make sense for a team that was set at CB, but needed a S, but for the Bears he would probably be best served just staying at corner, though for his first year they would probably put Hargreaves at the nickel and Fangio could probably move him around a bit like they did with Jimmie Ward his first year, who is very similar in size and measurable to Hargreaves.

I guess that would arguably make sense for a team that was set at CB, but needed a S, but for the Bears he would probably be best served just staying at corner, though for his first year they would probably put Hargreaves at the nickel and Fangio could probably move him around a bit like they did with Jimmie Ward his first year, who is very similar in size and measurable to Hargreaves.

I think he's a great young corner...

I just have a feeling that the Bears will take Elliott. Elliott or Lawson are the two I can see being in a Bears uniform the most. I don't really have a guy in this draft. I hope the Bears stick with taking the best player available, whoever that is.

If you leave out the QBs there are generally considered 8 special players:

Buckner

Bosa

Tensil

Stanley

Ramsey

Jack

Elliot

Hargreaves

If any of those drop , I think we take them, Defense player over Elliot, Stanley if D players are gone.

The best case scenario would be Lynch still there at our pick and we trade back with Tenn and get an extra 2nd rounder and grab Conklin(he has a nasty streak which would solidify our line for years to come.

Buckner

Bosa

Tensil

Stanley

Ramsey

Jack

Elliot

Hargreaves

If any of those drop , I think we take them, Defense player over Elliot, Stanley if D players are gone.

The best case scenario would be Lynch still there at our pick and we trade back with Tenn and get an extra 2nd rounder and grab Conklin(he has a nasty streak which would solidify our line for years to come.

Tennessee drafted Mariota last year. I think the Jets are the only possible trade down scenario, hopefully including Mo in the process.. Even so I'm not sure there's a real threat for any other team between 11-19 to take a QB so they probably won't do that.

Tennessee might trade up for Stanley if he's there or maybe Conklin. Or if Zeke is still there you might see someone try and trade up with us.

Tennessee drafted Mariota last year. I think the Jets are the only possible trade down scenario, hopefully including Mo in the process.. Even so I'm not sure there's a real threat for any other team between 11-19 to take a QB so they probably won't do that.

Tennessee might trade up for Stanley if he's there or maybe Conklin. Or if Zeke is still there you might see someone try and trade up with us.

I meant Jets, I screwed that up.

Horrible decision. There is nothing to his game that says he should be a safety. No long speed, no height to match up against TEs, not a good tackler. Keep him where he's at either NB or CB so he can use his elite quickness to cover players off the LOS.

Buckner

Bosa

Tensil

Stanley

Ramsey

Jack

Elliot

Hargreaves

With your list, seeing more and more mocks, I'm not certain Hargreaves is in the special players group.

I think we all agree a trade back would be ideal. Brad Biggs wrote today the eventual cap savings by drafting a player outside the top 10.

With your list, seeing more and more mocks, I'm not certain Hargreaves is in the special players group.

I think we all agree a trade back would be ideal. Brad Biggs wrote today the eventual cap savings by drafting a player outside the top 10.

He would be last on that list of 8 but is there for most people with any scout knowledge doing analyzing. There are several that fall up to the top 10 , players like Floyd, Lawson, I have even seen Conklin and Rankins approaching that spot.

I hope there is a clear cut player at our spot to be praised by all of us. I am ok with any position other than WR and QB.(we dont need ILBers either)