Eagles just moved up to #2...

madlithuanian

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeke? No. No. No. I still don't understand why anyone wants him at 11. Even after everyone put in their top three needs, and RB was nowhere to be seen, we're still talking about freaking Elliott?

I think dawhizz is closer to the truth. And I wouldn't be shocked if there are more moves before it's all said and done.

Didn't say I wanted him...just that it's possible he could fall to us. And there have been numerous people (not necessarily on this site) that would like it.

I do think more wheelin' and dealin' will happen on or before draft day. And that something good is bound to fall to us...

Zeke? No. No. No. I still don't understand why anyone wants him at 11. Even after everyone put in their top three needs, and RB was nowhere to be seen, we're still talking about freaking Elliott?

I think dawhizz is closer to the truth. And I wouldn't be shocked if there are more moves before it's all said and done.

You draft playmakers, not positions. Every GM worth their salt says you want to be in a position to the take the best player available.

Now I'm not saying Ive watched a ton of film on Zeke, or that he would be the BPA, but I am saying that if you think he is the best player on the board, you take him, regardless of positions of need.

You draft playmakers, not positions. Every GM worth their salt says you want to be in a position to the take the best player available.

Now I'm not saying Ive watched a ton of film on Zeke, or that he would be the BPA, but I am saying that if you think he is the best player on the board, you take him, regardless of positions of need.

So if Reggie Ragland is the #5 player on the Bears board, you still think the Bears should take him?

So if Reggie Ragland is the #5 player on the Bears board, you still think the Bears should take him?

If you think he is a cut above everyone else at that point, then yes, you have to. You dont pass on Lawrence Taylor because you have a need at safety and a pretty good starter at OLB. Im not saying Ragland is Taylor! But if you think he is, you gotta take him. Ask the packers about taking Aaron Rogers. Or ask any of us Bears fans LOL :(

I think position comes into it when you have more than one player rated roughly equally available, which is almost always.

But if Zeke is a difference maker in your eyes, you take him, even with Langford on the roster.

Bill Polian has Ezekiel has his #1 player on his draft board.

Over the past decade or so how has drafting a running in the first round worked out for the Bears? To help jog your memory I'll name two recent picks: Cedric Benson and Curtis Enis. Both were a wasted picks that hurt this team for years. NO TO RUNNING BACKS IN FIRST ROUND!

Over the past decade or so how has drafting a running in the first round worked out for the Bears? To help jog your memory I'll name two recent picks: Cedric Benson and Curtis Enis. Both were a wasted picks that hurt this team for years. NO TO RUNNING BACKS IN FIRST ROUND!

Before you suggest Olineman in the 1st, I'd counter with since 2008 three Olinemen have been picked by the Bears in the 1st. Carimi, Williams and Long. What's to say to your argument that the third times not a charm at RB?

If Bill Polian speaks, people listen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WaG2JDF-CSwht...h?v=7FFKyKLHwDw

There's two highlight videos for you doubters!

If you think he is a cut above everyone else at that point, then yes, you have to. You dont pass on Lawrence Taylor because you have a need at safety and a pretty good starter at OLB. Im not saying Ragland is Taylor! But if you think he is, you gotta take him. Ask the packers about taking Aaron Rogers. Or ask any of us Bears fans LOL :(

I think position comes into it when you have more than one player rated roughly equally available, which is almost always.

But if Zeke is a difference maker in your eyes, you take him, even with Langford on the roster.

I think that's crazy because you NEVER know who LT is. You just don't know. So by doing what you suggest, you're mortgaging the future for what amounts to, at best, a 50/50 bet. You hit, OMG, great! But there is a good chance there is a serious deficiency elsewhere, because you went pure BPA. You miss on him being a HOFer, which has very great odds, and you have a surplus at a position, at least one player being underused because you drafted a position you didn't need, and you have a hole at another position.

Oh, and that's based on the entire premise that a guy you're picking is waaaaay better than the comparable player at a different position.

I agree with that line of thought if we're talking someone like Elliott in the second. At that point, the likelihood of him being way better than anyone else at any position is decent. But very rarely does a guy fall 20-30 spots further than he should.

Bill Polian has Ezekiel has his #1 player on his draft board.

And Bill Polian himself has said that the draft is basically a coin flip! He's said the great teams hit at about 58% and the bad teams are at around 50% or less. Mortgaging the team's future on a position we don't really need for a coin flip? No thanks.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nf...draft/30475885/

Before you suggest Olineman in the 1st, I'd counter with since 2008 three Olinemen have been picked by the Bears in the 1st. Carimi, Williams and Long. What's to say to your argument that the third times not a charm at RB?

If Bill Polian speaks, people listen.

I'd add that Payton and Neil Anderson were both #1 ones who worked out okay for us. Different time, different era, different regime. You can't NOT draft a player because of past mistakes.

To be honest, I don't think we have any intention of taking Elliot at #11. But if you have a game changing RB . . . I just saw what Todd Gurley did for the Rams with a bad o-line, no QB and no WR's.

If Elliott's there, I'll be hoping we take him. I'll understand if we don't.

I tend to agree that Elliott is the #1 player in the draft.

That said, next years draft looks even better when it comes to RBs. I wouldn't hate to see them take Elliot, but would prefer they give Langford/Carey a shot. They showed signs of being a good tandem, but they were really just that, signs. We don't see how these guys practice like they do so maybe they aren't that impressed.

I tend to agree that Elliott is the #1 player in the draft.

That said, next years draft looks even better when it comes to RBs. I wouldn't hate to see them take Elliot, but would prefer they give Langford/Carey a shot. They showed signs of being a good tandem, but they were really just that, signs. We don't see how these guys practice like they do so maybe they aren't that impressed.

That's what gives me hesitation. Next year you're looking at a draft with Fournette, Chubb, Cook, and McCaffery, at the least. Fournette is better than Elliott and I would argue Chubb, Cook, and McCaffery are all better than Henry. With RB generally devalued around the league no matter where we pick in the 1st round I have to think we would have a chance at one of those guys if Langford doesn't show us something this year.

I'm still constantly shocked any Bears fan thinks RB is a good pick at 11 for this year's team. Generally shocked. I've asked multiple friends who are fans of other teams, and all of them are shocked that Bear fans would consider it.

I don't think it's shocking. We don't have a proven world beating RB, so if you think Zeke is one of those you take him.

Every GM is clear about not drafting for need. It's cool you don't agree, but to be "shocked" is kinda crazy.

I'm still constantly shocked any Bears fan thinks RB is a good pick at 11 for this year's team. Generally shocked. I've asked multiple friends who are fans of other teams, and all of them are shocked that Bear fans would consider it.

I don't think it's THAT crazy. I think you said it yourself after the Forte thing that Langford and Carey weren't THAT good. For a team that is gonna want to run the ball a lot, having someone that is THAT good makes sense

Bill Polian has him ranking as the BEST prospect......The number #1 ranked player. I didnt know he ranked him so high until someone posted it here. How would drafting him be shocking??? I would love to have a AP or LT ype running back for the next 8 years.

I dont see him dropping to us anyways so you wont have to be upset.

Yeah, rather than debate position vs BPA, Id like to see more talk about just how good (or not) Zeke is. I havent seen enough to have a good feel for it, so I can only contribute on the general topic - i.e. is it smart to draft a great RB at #11. I'd rather hear about how great (or not) he actually is. Thoughts?