Bears sign Reuben Randle

scs787

Kinda forgot about this guy, but the talent is there. From the looks of it he has a very poor work ethic and that is what kept him out of the league last year. Bears WR coach Curtis Johnson seems like a guy who might be able to get the best out of him because he won't put up with his BS. Maybe the year off will be the kick in the ass he needs and he'll come back hungry and willing to put his talent to good use.

In his 2nd to last year he had 971 yards and in his last year he had 8 TDs, so again, there is some talent there, all that remains to be seen is if he is willing to use it.

Kinda forgot about this guy, but the talent is there. From the looks of it he has a very poor work ethic and that is what kept him out of the league last year. Bears WR coach Curtis Johnson seems like a guy who might be able to get the best out of him because he won't put up with his BS. Maybe the year off will be the kick in the ass he needs and he'll come back hungry and willing to put his talent to good use.

In his 2nd to last year he had 971 yards and in his last year he had 8 TDs, so again, there is some talent there, all that remains to be seen is if he is willing to use it.

Can't hurt. They can always part ways if necessary.

Peace :dabears

Can't hurt. They can always part ways if necessary.

Peace :dabears

In another forum it sounds like he wasn't too well liked (by the fans) in either NyG or Phil. But if you consider him as potentially a depth player, then it makes sense. Especially if Wilson, Royal AND AJ are gone.

What does a 'futures' contract mean anyhow? Is it like being an RFA without money?

In another forum it sounds like he wasn't too well liked (by the fans) in either NyG or Phil. But if you consider him as potentially a depth player, then it makes sense. Especially if Wilson, Royal AND AJ are gone.

What does a 'futures' contract mean anyhow? Is it like being an RFA without money?

We are always hopeful but these types dont usually workout.

Hope he can get it together. From what I read his issues are 2 fold. Bad route running and a head case.

The guy is only 25 years old. Good size and from his stats obviously has some skil sets at WR.

But let go by NYG then does not even make the roster in Philly.

Maybe sitting out a year will be the wake up call he needs? Would be nice.

A "Futures" contract is usually for League minimum with little or no bonus involved, zero risk to the team.

The cap hit does not take place until the "future" year but in the meantime no other team can sign the player.

Like Stinger said, these seldom work out, but hey, why not take a "no risk" flyer on the guy?

He has talent. I never figured out why he was out all of last year. Did he have injury issues or anything? I love our wide receiver coach and I don't think this is a bad move. At worse, good to have depth.

I thought this NFL.com article was framed awkwardly, I hope they are being sarcastic:

Alshon Jeffery and the Bears have not been shy this offseason about their Super Bowl aspirations in 2017. Now it's time to take them seriously.

Chicago signed journeyman wide receiver Rueben Randle to a reserve/futures contract on Tuesday, shoring up its wideout depth for the upcoming charge for Lombardi.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000077...utures-contract

I thought this NFL.com article was framed awkwardly, I hope they are being sarcastic:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000077...utures-contract

Personally, I don't like it. Either they report facts or they are opinion-based. They should stick to the facts. The article would have been better if they had discussed the inadequacies the Bears had at WR due to injury, and what Rueben Randle brings to the table. Additionally, they could have delved into the reasons for his departure from previous teams.

Personally, I don't like it. Either they report facts or they are opinion-based. They should stick to the facts. The article would have been better if they had discussed the inadequacies the Bears had at WR due to injury, and what Rueben Randle brings to the table. Additionally, they could have delved into the reasons for his departure from previous teams.

Agreed, a classless approach to covering a no-risk contract from the Bears. Especially in a league where almost every season teams go from worst to first.