Jordan Morgan, OL, Kutztown D-II

adam

With the No. 147 pick, the #Bears draft OL Jordan Morgan from D-II Kutztown. They coached him at the Senior Bowl.

Draft trend, mainly small schools and sleeper picks. We will see how it works out..

It really feels like Pace tried to outsmart everyone else with some questionable trades and sleeper picks. We will see how these all turn out. Not what I expected.

I think it's like how you tell a 22 year old to make higher risk investments for retirement plans.

Where we are, we need playmakers, not just solid hole pluggers at this point. So it makes sense, to take some flyers on players.

With the No. 147 pick, the #Bears draft OL Jordan Morgan from D-II Kutztown. They coached him at the Senior Bowl.

Draft trend, mainly small schools and sleeper picks. We will see how it works out..

It really feels like Pace tried to outsmart everyone else with some questionable trades and sleeper picks. We will see how these all turn out. Not what I expected.

Same here. I do have to say I've had a good feeling on Trubisky all along. I'm not happy with the price we had to pay, but glad we paid it. All the other guys have explosive talent and pop on film as being superior. Don't know anything about the OT. Since they coached him at the senior bowl, they got a great look. Hopefully that was a big advantage.

I think it's like how you tell a 22 year old to make higher risk investments for retirement plans.

Where we are, we need playmakers, not just solid hole pluggers at this point. So it makes sense, to take some flyers on players.

I am OK with it, but with the info on these players today, it is hard to outsmart others. Looks like a boom or bust draft. Swinging for the fences. Might as well, it's not like we can get much worse.

This is the most disappointed I've been in a draft in a long time. Pace has no excuses. He went into a draft deep in Bears needs with ability to draft immediate 2017 starters at 5T, S, CB, and OT, and came out with not one likely 2017 day one starter. Inexcusable.

My god this draft has bust written all over it. So many players taken from small schools, and a quarterback who's only had 13 starts in college.

and counter to his first two drafts, either Pace is a genius and everyone else is wrong, or he is no longer the GM in 2018.

Based on the skill added to CLE, SF, and JAX, we are probably the worst team on paper right now. That doesn't mean anything until September but man it is tough right now.

This is the most disappointed I've been in a draft in a long time. Pace has no excuses. He went into a draft deep in Bears needs with ability to draft immediate 2017 starters at 5T, S, CB, and OT, and came out with not one likely 2017 day one starter. Inexcusable.

and our picks actually helped others get better players at lower picks.

If you look at our original picks and do a little revisionist draft, it is hard to see how this was the best draft outcome.

and counter to his first two drafts, either Pace is a genius and everyone else is wrong, or he is no longer the GM in 2018.

Based on the skill added to CLE, SF, and JAX, we are probably the worst team on paper right now. That doesn't mean anything until September but man it is tough right now.

Bears played 50 starters last year largely due to injury. They are not the worst team on paper. I would argue that, if they remain relatively healthy, they will be much improved next year.

Peace :dabears

My god this draft has bust written all over it. So many players taken from small schools, and a quarterback who's only had 13 starts in college.

Yeah. You hate to compare this to previous Bear drafts, but typically when we've done this, the players suck and the GM gets fired.

Maybe our next GM and head coach will lead us to the promised land :rolleyes:

I am OK with it, but with the info on these players today, it is hard to outsmart others. Looks like a boom or bust draft. Swinging for the fences. Might as well, it's not like we can get much worse.

Yeah not saying Pace has info others dont, just that he is in a position to take riskier picks, and teams that are more complete take safer picks to plug fewer holes.

I'm equally overly unimpressed with this years draft class. Aside from the safety from Alabama (who unfortunately has questionable injury history) I really am not looking too forward to the overall production of this class. Still waiting for about half of our class last year to do something. And the 1st from two years ago to contribute. How long before we hear White is out with another season ender?

I'm still convinced that we're not set at ILB even if Kwitkowski steps up. I'm not one who believes Trevathan will return to full power if ever. Freeman is aging quick and outside of Kwit, who we got?

This whole draft starting out with Trubisky and how it came about soured me significantly to Paces ability. I'm hoping to be way wrong on all this but I feel about as inspired as I did when Cutler used to start each game. Mad, I'm going to have invest in some major bottlage of Laughvilan this year. Haha

I'm equally overly unimpressed with this years draft class. Aside from the safety from Alabama (who unfortunately has questionable injury history) I really am not looking too forward to the overall production of this class. Still waiting for about half of our class last year to do something. And the 1st from two years ago to contribute. How long before we hear White is out with another season ender?

I'm still convinced that we're not set at ILB even if Kwitkowski steps up. I'm not one who believes Trevathan will return to full power if ever. Freeman is aging quick and outside of Kwit, who we got?

This whole draft starting out with Trubisky and how it came about soured me significantly to Paces ability. I'm hoping to be way wrong on all this but I feel about as inspired as I did when Cutler used to start each game. Mad, I'm going to have invest in some major bottlage of Laughvilan this year. Haha

The biggest thing is that going into it, we had 6 picks and a ton of needs. I figured we'd trade down and end up with 8 to 10 draft picks.

Instead we end up with 5 draft picks. And every damn one is a project. Every damn one. It's unlikely that those 5 will do much to help our team next year. Not to mention, every single one was arguably a reach.

The biggest thing is that going into it, we had 6 picks and a ton of needs. I figured we'd trade down and end up with 8 to 10 draft picks.

Instead we end up with 5 draft picks. And every damn one is a project. Every damn one. It's unlikely that those 5 will do much to help our team next year. Not to mention, every single one was arguably a reach.

Who was the guy on here a few years that was Nikki Negative on anything. You are becoming him. Pace is building something here and it will show this year. We are a playoff team project.

The funny thing is, the Bears are going to have a top 3 pick again next year (most likely #1) in a year when the quarterback class is supposed to be better, but they won't be able to after what they gave up for Trubisky..

I hope you're wrong because it would hurt to go through that type of season, but I think they will have multiple bidders for high rated QBs if they end up with the #1. Could be a worst to first type of transformation with the right picks.

I hope you're wrong because it would hurt to go through that type of season, but I think they will have multiple bidders for high rated QBs if they end up with the #1. Could be a worst to first type of transformation with the right picks.

That's true, but if Trubisky sucks, there is no replacement for a real franchise QB, and if the Bears are in position to land one again next year and pass because of what they think Trubisky will be, it'll be a tough pill to swallow. But yeah, hopefully he's good and we won't have to worry about it. My gut tells me otherwise, though.

Call me crazy, but why not draft the QB regardless? You keep an open competition and may the best one win, the second best back him up and wait for offers...

I'd rather gamble on having too many franchise QB's than none at all...

That's true, but if Trubisky sucks, there is no replacement for a real franchise QB, and if the Bears are in position to land one again next year and pass because of what they think Trubisky will be, it'll be a tough pill to swallow. But yeah, hopefully he's good and we won't have to worry about it. My gut tells me otherwise, though.

The funny thing is, the Bears are going to have a top 3 pick again next year (most likely #1) in a year when the quarterback class is supposed to be better, but they won't be able to after what they gave up for Trubisky..

we will not have a bad record next year, we will not have a need to draft another QB.

It would be nice to be able to take a deal and pick up extra picks whether the bears are a top 5 pick or mid round. Still have some prime positions to fill like OLT and a shut down CB, so I wouldn't sacrafice those. The prime positions you want to hit on of course are QB, DE/OLB, CB and OLT, we have a good chance of having two checked off. The tough part is having the patience building this from basically nothing, which we may have a tough season again seeing the first half of the schedule.