Bears at Bucs Official Week 2 Game Thread

AZ54

Anyone got any feedback on our next opponent? I scanned their depth chart and it appears Jacquizz Rodgers is their starting RB splitting time with Charles Sims. Quite a bit less of threat than Atlanta ran at us. They do have a good QB and WRs in Evans and Desean Jackson on the outside plus OJ Howard at TE. I think Fangio needs to flip the script from last week where the focus was on shutting down the run and we should get after the QB. Maybe we'll see more of Bullard and RRH this week?

Their defense has some good players but other than Gerald McCoy I don't see any big pass rush threats. That's a consistent complaint among their fans on the message boards too. CBs are good but in the middle they have Chris Conte so there is hope for a big play on a blown coverage.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any feedback on our next opponent? I scanned their depth chart and it appears Jacquizz Rodgers is their starting RB splitting time with Charles Sims. Quite a bit less of threat than Atlanta ran at us. They do have a good QB and WRs in Evans and Desean Jackson on the outside plus OJ Howard at TE. I think Fangio needs to flip the script from last week where the focus was on shutting down the run and we should get after the QB. Maybe we'll see more of Bullard and RRH this week?

Their defense has some good players but other than Gerald McCoy I don't see any big pass rush threats. That's a consistent complaint among their fans on the message boards too. CBs are good but in the middle they have Chris Conte so there is hope for a big play on a blown coverage.

The first question I have is what venue will they play at? I assume TB wasn't affected too much by this weekends storm? TB almost has to play since their first game with Miami was postponed and they ended up with a bye as a result. *edit: looks like they are planning on playing in TB.

TBs defense was ranked 31st going into last year with the former ATL head coach Mike Smith as the coordinator. Koetter is the HC and his prowess is more offense. TB pretty much lives and dies by Winston. Get to him and the Bears have this.

The first question I have is what venue will they play at? I assume TB wasn't affected too much by this weekends storm? TB almost has to play since their first game with Miami was postponed and they ended up with a bye as a result. *edit: looks like they are planning on playing in TB.

TBs defense was ranked 31st going into last year with the former ATL head coach Mike Smith as the coordinator. Koetter is the HC and his prowess is more offense. TB pretty much lives and dies by Winston. Get to him and the Bears have this.

My sister lives about a mile north of the stadium and though it was bad enough, it looks like things should be good for the venue's use.

With our defense it's going to come down to big plays. We gave to many against Atlanta and got beat by it. Defense is good but still can't come up with a take away

It going to come down to the last 5 minutes of the game and we will be in the lead or with a chance to win the game. Almost every game will be like the first one. We will play well enough to win the game but some breakdowns or TOs will make the game close.

It going to come down to the last 5 minutes of the game and we will be in the lead or with a chance to win the game. Almost every game will be like the first one. We will play well enough to win the game but some breakdowns or TOs will make the game close.

Last year when we played them they had 4 sacks, 2 int. , 2 FRs, and a defensive TD . They are decent against the run and very average against the pass They had 38 sacks last year.

Last year Howard had 15 carries for 100 yards and lost one fumble.

While they don't have an Julio type of receiver, Evans and Jackson should torch us. They have just enough running to keep you honest for the party action 20 yard strikes. Their defense is sufficient against short and intermediate routes but lack one corner" the other side of the field. I have no faith the bears can exploit that weakness. I don't expect the bears to win. The seven number probably is within reason for my betting brethren. Ours not a number is wait on either as I had to spend twenty five cents to get back to a touchdown in our first game.

In addition, long neck might get killed against their pass rush which is elite

That elite pass rush had 1 more sack than the Bears D in 2016. FWIW we had more sacks than the elite (and very expensive) defensive front of the NY football Giants. Apparently sacks are worth more media coverage when they occur in NY city.

:cheers :cheers

Conte had a pick-6 against us the last time we played?

“I hate to make it personal, but for me it is personal,” Conte, who received death threats on social media over his mistakes with the Bears, told the Chicago Tribune. “It feels great. I don’t want to say, ‘[Expletive] you, Chicago.’ But I want to say, ‘[Expletive] you, Chicago.’ ”

“I hate to make it personal, but for me it is personal,” Conte, who received death threats on social media over his mistakes with the Bears, told the Chicago Tribune. “It feels great. I don’t want to say, ‘[Expletive] you, Chicago.’ But I want to say, ‘[Expletive] you, Chicago.’ ”

Conte can kiss my ass dead center. That guy sucked for Chicago and constantly F'd up. He seemingly had no clue about his role, or pass coverage in general. And he's upset the Chicago fans were mad with him? Gimme a break. Not to mention the fact that it was a horribly floated pass by Cutler, and while covering Zach Miller. That's likely the only possible scenario Conte could ever get a pick-6, because, as we all know, hard passes and fast receivers torch his ass.

Conte can kiss my ass dead center. That guy sucked for Chicago and constantly F'd up. He seemingly had no clue about his role, or pass coverage in general. And he's upset the Chicago fans were mad with him? Gimme a break. Not to mention the fact that it was a horribly floated pass by Cutler, and while covering Zach Miller. That's likely the only possible scenario Conte could ever get a pick-6, because, as we all know, hard passes and fast receivers torch his ass.

Sounds like he'll be looking to jump some routes again looking for a big play. ADd in that they know Glennon wants to hit the shorter routes and is not accurate on the deep throws. I'd throw caution to the wind and go deep several times in the middle of the field. I'd target him with a double move, someone like Miller has more than enough speed to catch him flat footed and then run past him.

As far as I'm concerned, he's a Packer.

F him.

totally disagree.

if what they said is true, "Conte, who received death threats on social media over his mistakes with the Bears" then that is completely unacceptable. are some snap head bear fans turning into packer fans - the lindy infante coach who received death threats and more from scumbag packer fans?

if true, chicago deserves the conte insult for what was supposed to have happened. it's truly embarrassing if that's the case.

When these guys cash their paycheck, part of that is dealing with stardom like it or not. Part of that is sadly dealing with a completely idiotic base of people. I would venture to say any player on any team in any large city has rec'd some kind of moronic threat from someone. We probably don't hear about it all and most players understand it's an exception and not the rule. To blame the entire city and fan base for actions of a select few is not cool. Instead of taking the high road, he has taken the low one.

It's like blaming the entire USA for liking Justin Bieber. Just because a handful of teeny-boppers like him doesn't mean everyone in the US has no ear for good music...

Make no mistake, the complete human garbage that make these threats are just that. Garbage. Don't blame the entire city... There are sadly idiots everywhere. He won't hear it as much in Tampa. Their fanbase is not as rabid as ours. But, if he screws them out of a playoff berth like he did us, the odds are some $hit-for-brains there will probably threaten him...

totally disagree.

if what they said is true, "Conte, who received death threats on social media over his mistakes with the Bears" then that is completely unacceptable. are some snap head bear fans turning into packer fans - the lindy infante coach who received death threats and more from scumbag packer fans?

if true, chicago deserves the conte insult for what was supposed to have happened. it's truly embarrassing if that's the case.

When these guys cash their paycheck, part of that is dealing with stardom like it or not. Part of that is sadly dealing with a completely idiotic base of people. I would venture to say any player on any team in any large city has rec'd some kind of moronic threat from someone. We probably don't hear about it all and most players understand it's an exception and not the rule. To blame the entire city and fan base for actions of a select few is not cool. Instead of taking the high road, he has taken the low one.

It's like blaming the entire USA for liking Justin Bieber. Just because a handful of teeny-boppers like him doesn't mean everyone in the US has no ear for good music...

Make no mistake, the complete human garbage that make these threats are just that. Garbage. Don't blame the entire city... There are sadly idiots everywhere. He won't hear it as much in Tampa. Their fanbase is not as rabid as ours. But, if he screws them out of a playoff berth like he did us, the odds are some $hit-for-brains there will probably threaten him...

I think Steve Bartman can appreciate how rabid the fans of Chicago are. As well as conciliatory they can be (or at least the Cubs organization is) when they won the WS and gave him a ring. Where else has that happened?

I wonder how many New England fans have 5 duplicate Super Bowl rings?

i can somewhat agree that blaming an entire city for the few MAY be a bit overboard. but...

death threats or threats of bodily injury to anyone and more pointedly his friends, family or children ESPECIALLY in this day and age when some idiot mental case wanting his name in the news can be real. i can see where it may sour a normal person or athlete to a city or region and cause him to lash out in a general term.

fans need to throw this mindset to the curb. 99% of all athletes are trying their best to be the best. whether they are not successful because of physical or mental limits is inconsequential. the blame is not on the athlete. if anyone is to blame it is upon the organization. the people who hired him or coached him.

so for me, the real life vicious fan or media threats in any form are flat out stupid and made by idiots.

So we had a few idiots (10, 20, 100, 1000?) who are so tough they chose to hide behind the internet say really bad, stupid, and even some threating things toward Conte. Then because those few people couldn't remain classy we get Conte being classy and insulting millions of Chicagoans. His decisions on the field were often suspect and I think he confirmed his mental capacity quite accurately in that quote.

I have zero regrets we moved on from him but we may owe him one favor because that game most likely was the final nail in the Cutler coffin, at least in Chicago. Pace was probably in North Carolina the next weekend. How ironic would it be if a couple deep passes from Glennon put the final nail in Conte's career in Tampa.

I get it.

99% of fans do get it. Sadly it's the 1% that ruins it for everyone.

i can somewhat agree that blaming an entire city for the few MAY be a bit overboard. but...

death threats or threats of bodily injury to anyone and more pointedly his friends, family or children ESPECIALLY in this day and age when some idiot mental case wanting his name in the news can be real. i can see where it may sour a normal person or athlete to a city or region and cause him to lash out in a general term.

fans need to throw this mindset to the curb. 99% of all athletes are trying their best to be the best. whether they are not successful because of physical or mental limits is inconsequential. the blame is not on the athlete. if anyone is to blame it is upon the organization. the people who hired him or coached him.

so for me, the real life vicious fan or media threats in any form are flat out stupid and made by idiots.

Go Bears!

Bears 27-20

TB rusty without having played since Week 3 of the preseason. No running game. Big game for the Bears, no one wants to start 0-2. Big game for Glennon, former team, he knows how they operate. If he can't beat them and have a great game, who can he beat? This game was built for him to win.

In my opinion, if Bears win and Glennon has a decent game, you continue to roll with him. However, if we lose, and Glennon has a sub-par game, then it has to be Trubisky-time.

Go Bears!

Bears 27-20

TB rusty without having played since Week 3 of the preseason. No running game. Big game for the Bears, no one wants to start 0-2. Big game for Glennon, former team, he knows how they operate. If he can't beat them and have a great game, who can he beat? This game was built for him to win.

In my opinion, if Bears win and Glennon has a decent game, you continue to roll with him. However, if we lose, and Glennon has a sub-par game, then it has to be Trubisky-time.

Bears win toss and defer.

1st drive by TB results in a FG. Willie with a nice sack that forced a 3rd and Long. TB's short to intermediate passing game looked sharp, Evans especially. We are playing off a little, so hopefully we don't get burned long. Run defense was stout.