Bears (3-4) at Saints (4-2) Game Thread

adam

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have run the ball with 3 and 1. Bears coaching is pathetic and are wasting a good defense.

No question. Our offensive play calling is shit. There is no other word for it. Add in the horrible calls from the refs and the horrible kicking from BARF. We are fighting an uphill battle.

Peace :dabears

On 3rd down trubisky was I think 8 of 17. Not bad for a rookie QB on the road. Love what I'm see from this kid. We need to get this season over with so we can get some real WRs who can occasionally get open. He played a good game despite the horrible calls by the ref and the play calling once again. Hopefully this kid from the chargers can help trubisky

What a horrible loss, we now have 3 losses on final drives, ATL, MIN, and NO.

Playcalling is garbage, coaching is garbage. Fox can't make a correct challenge if it saved his life. We held Brees without a passing TD and lose.

That and we were pegged as one of the worst teams going into the year. Coaching staff is pathetic, at best. God, if they give up with games on the line, what can the players do? What can we, the fans that watch say?

PACE, make some tough choices NOW. That will send a message to all on the team.

Are the Bears the founding franchise of the league? Did George Halas start this game at the pro level? Yes, of course. So our beloved team mires in mediocrity and pays a coaching staff that can't get their head out of their butt, as my illustrious brother-in-law likes to say. I love the D's resolve and effort, as I do Biscuit, Cohen, Long and Howard (sans his stone hands). Please, George's heirs, give us a staff that is worthy of the players. NOT Fox and Logains, they are not up to Bear standards.

Great defense we have. What other teams could go into Superdome and only give up 20 points (more like 16 points)

And given the crap reffing job? Yes, we have a GOOD D. Now, can Fox and co. get their heads out of their arses and let Biscuit, Howard and Cohen give the D some support? After what I, seen, I really don't think so. Sad, cause the division sucks and this team could do some damage given the right leadership from the top.

Bullard made several noticeable plays today. If he develops into a consistent player, a D-Line of Bullard, Goldman, and Hicks could be as good as any in the league from a 3-4 perspective. I think it is already, but Bullard has more upside than Unrein does.

The defense gave up too many chunk plays to my liking, and that first possession was embarrassing after the Fuller penalty, but they were still able to generate a few turnovers and keep Drew Brees out of the endzone, which is almost impossible to do in New Orleans.

The arrow is definitely pointing up with several more players beginning to solidify themselves as bonafide players.

Let's stop all the talk about new coaches. The arrow is pointing up for the first time in a decade. And us, as typical Bears fans, are bitching. Let this thing grow and see what comes of it next year !

The only thing that matters, regarding the future of this franchise, is do you feel comfortable with John Fox and Dowell Loggains developing the most important Bear ever drafted, despite having no history of it at any of their previous stops? If the answer is yes, please explain to me why and what specifically it is about either that makes you feel that way.

Because having an ascending defense is great, but none of that will matter if Trubisky busts because the ones in charge of his development don't have a clue what they're doing.

I agree with Mongo we need to stop bitching about the coaches. This team is on the up and i don’t want to change coaches unnecessarily. Regarding Loggins we are asking him to open up the offense but clearly the wideout position isn’t good.

You can clearly see they aren’t getting separation consistently.

It’s a travesty that Meredith and White are on IR because until we have the right players on offense we can’t make a rational judgement on what Loggins is.

I was proud of the team yesterday we went up against an ascending team in their own backyard with a rookie QB and then lost the strength of our O-line.

We were shafted by the officials on numerous occasions, we didn’t help ourselves for instance with Fuller’s offside and Trubisky’s sack that made the field goal more difficult that led to the miss.

We were unlucky on the Saints fielgoals which both were nearly missed but to conclude were are competive and now have one of the best schedules after the break and will play our in our division 4 times out of the next eight.

We could finish 8 and 8 which would be a great step forward this year considering the injuries with have had to deal with.

Let's stop all the talk about new coaches. The arrow is pointing up for the first time in a decade. And us, as typical Bears fans, are bitching. Let this thing grow and see what comes of it next year !

It has literally become comical to watch. I scan other message boards for our opponents each week just to learn a bit about their strengths and weaknesses. I've come to the conclusion that nobody in the NFL likes their HC unless his name is Bill Belichick. Nobody likes the play calling on either side for their teams unless they are dominating and ranked top 5. To read all this you might think players have zero responsibility for what happens on the field.

"Loggains is too conservative and too predictable". Loggains throws on 3rd and 1 and he's horrible. Loggains calls a TD play to Miller (it was a TD) and nobody mentions him. Loggains also called what should have been a TD pass to Howard but Howard dropped the ball (again). Is that Loggains fault or does he understand the Howard often drops these passes so he doesn't call that play often when he's in the game?

With better execution on just three plays (add in the missed FG) Loggains called a game good enough to win on the road with a rookie QB and two practice squad WRs.

Trubisky still has a way to go. He was inaccurate at times and a bit late on some throws. He is progressing though and reading the field better. It will take more time for him to read defenses quicker, and to get on the same page with all these new WRs but I think he is headed in the right direction. It is entirely possible this team wins 3 of the next 4 games and is sitting at .500 in early December with 4 games to go.

It has literally become comical to watch. I scan other message boards for our opponents each week just to learn a bit about their strengths and weaknesses. I've come to the conclusion that nobody in the NFL likes their HC unless his name is Bill Belichick. Nobody likes the play calling on either side for their teams unless they are dominating and ranked top 5. To read all this you might think players have zero responsibility for what happens on the field.

"Loggains is too conservative and too predictable". Loggains throws on 3rd and 1 and he's horrible. Loggains calls a TD play to Miller (it was a TD) and nobody mentions him. Loggains also called what should have been a TD pass to Howard but Howard dropped the ball (again). Is that Loggains fault or does he understand the Howard often drops these passes so he doesn't call that play often when he's in the game?

With better execution on just three plays (add in the missed FG) Loggains called a game good enough to win on the road with a rookie QB and two practice squad WRs.

Trubisky still has a way to go. He was inaccurate at times and a bit late on some throws. He is progressing though and reading the field better. It will take more time for him to read defenses quicker, and to get on the same page with all these new WRs but I think he is headed in the right direction. It is entirely possible this team wins 3 of the next 4 games and is sitting at .500 in early December with 4 games to go.

The problem is we have to play an error free game to win. 3 plays changed a win into a loss. The offside on Fuller on the FG, cost us 4 points. The missied FG and the bad call on the Miller pass and we could have won this game. There are many other plays to look at but we keep shooting yourself in the foot.The one thing I will say is the two pass calls look bad for play calling but I do understand when you have a guard playing center and two backup Ts playing guard , you may not have as much trust in the running game as you would normally had. I would have had a rollout with an option of hitting a TE sliding to the flag or MT running it in.

We simply have no margin of error and the injuries keep pushing us lower on the roster.

The problem is we have to play an error free game to win. 3 plays changed a win into a loss. The offside on Fuller on the FG, cost us 4 points. The missied FG and the bad call on the Miller pass and we could have won this game. There are many other plays to look at but we keep shooting yourself in the foot.The one thing I will say is the two pass calls look bad for play calling but I do understand when you have a guard playing center and two backup Ts playing guard , you may not have as much trust in the running game as you would normally had. I would have had a rollout with an option of hitting a TE sliding to the flag or MT running it in.

We simply have no margin of error and the injuries keep pushing us lower on the roster.

Yeah your exactly right about no margin for error. And it is tough to grade loggains because the WR position as a whole can't create any separation. In the few cases they did manage to create even a little bit of separation trubisky hit them but if they aren't getting open it doesn't actually Matter who the OC is

Great post and I agree with you that Trubisky made some strides this past week. Still lots to learn, but we really shouldn't be surprised with him needing to have a big adjustment...he just hasn't played that much football at the highest level and that means it is going to take him longer. The good thing is, he seems to put in massive amounts of time to learn those things and I've seen him make adjustments week to week. Long way to go though...long way to go.

The only thing that matters, regarding the future of this franchise, is do you feel comfortable with John Fox and Dowell Loggains developing the most important Bear ever drafted, despite having no history of it at any of their previous stops? If the answer is yes, please explain to me why and what specifically it is about either that makes you feel that way.

Because having an ascending defense is great, but none of that will matter if Trubisky busts because the ones in charge of his development don't have a clue what they're doing.

Agreed 100%

Peace :dabears

It was a gut wrenching loss that given that if a few plays here and there went differently we could have upset the Saints in their house. As it is we held Brees without a TD pass at home that doesn't happen often. We got screwed by the refs on the TD pass and and at least one of the fumbles overturned where you never saw his knee (thought it was supposed to be indisputable visual evidence required to overturn a call). Play calling and execution both hurt us. For all the great things Howard does running the ball he lacks in pass catching ability. The drop he had should have been a walk in TD. The last drive 3rd and 1 and then 4th and 1 and we don't run the ball, I would have more faith at that point at gaining 1 yard on the ground in 2 plays than trying to find a WR who's not velcro'd to a defender. Fox challenging a call that has no shot at being overturned but not challenging the Miller TD or the fumble call earlier. Like others here have said we have 0 margin for error and we make mistakes we can't afford both in coaching and in execution.

What I do take away from this game is our D is legit and has kept us in games. They have really found their identity and you can see the confidence and swagger growing on that side of the ball. If we can ever get our offense up to an average or better we can start building something special here. Imagine if we had even a decent scoring offense this team could start to make some serious noise. The positive here is much of the core of our D is fairly young. If we keep infusing youth and playing at this level we could in good shape for years. Then it's up to Pace and company to improve the offense to match the D.

I've been impressed with Trubisky we let him play a little more today than we had and you see things in his game that give you hope that we may have finally found a QB to lead an NFL offense. That is exciting, but we need to get him help, in the form of blocking and weapons. This offseason will be crucial. We should get Meredith back, the rest of the season is an audition to see who can emerge and prove that they could be part of the future here.

With Miller done for the year and possibly done for his career. Now more than ever we need Shaheen to step up and perform and show us why we spent a 2nd round pick on him. The opportunity is there can he make the most of it now.

The overall arrow I feel is pointing up, comparing this team now to year 2 under Dr Doom where we were not only not competitive but looked uninspired. Remember the mess Pace inherited. Halfway through that season I could hardly bring myself to watch anymore. I think we all want a quick turn around and it's hard to be patient it really is because we're so sick of losing. And "rebuilding" can feel more like a label or excuse for losing. But there signs that things may slowly be turning around. If we get better blocking, more weapons, and a dependable kicker to go with this up and coming D we could become a serious contender.